Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I (we) go about requesting a forum specifically for the Highland. If enough of us ask, maybe the Tesla Motors Club will be receptive to the idea.
Ask a moderator. You can start that process by clicking the three dots of a post and choose report. You really don't want to report a post, so state that in the reason and pose your suggestion.

It seems that there is already a place for Highland .... this thread. I doesn't matter if there's another sub forum, as one will still have to keep up with the thread and either read all posts or just the new ones.

I got a fresh one. Rained here. And now this hefty amount of water (as if any would be okay) is trapped in my trunk.
In for service. will report back.

However, driving a loaner model Y for the last couple days solidifies my decision in waiting for the highland. It’s so so much better to drive.

Reactions: evfangirl
I got a fresh one. Rained here. And now this hefty amount of water (as if any would be okay) is trapped in my trunk.
In for service. will report back.

However, driving a loaner model Y for the last couple days solidifies my decision in waiting for the highland. It’s so so much better to drive.
watched the video, but its a bit dark and I don't understand what's going on. Can you describe it a lil more? Is there noise, or some water pouring out?

Reactions: zoomer0056
I remain in the white interior camp, so still patiently waiting, even though my order date is 1/16. Question for those who have been fortunate to take delivery of their Highland, please. Has anyone purchased mats for the interiors that they are satisfied with? I want to order mats before delivery. I have Tasmanian mats in my 2021 Model Y, and have been pleased with the fitment and quality of the mats. I see Tasmanian is now advertising mats and other accessories for the Highland, so wondering if anyone has purchased the Tasmanian mats, or any other mats that they are please with.

Also would like to see the Model 3 forum dedicate a separate forum (or sub-forum) for the Highland so we do not have to read through all of the "legacy" Model 3 postings to seek out info on our Highlands (whenever we get 'em LOL). How do I (we) go about requesting a forum specifically for the Highland. If enough of us ask, maybe the Tesla Motors Club will be receptive to the idea.
i would love that. There are many options on amazon and i have no clue.

@akatwn, I got YITAMOTOR ones from Amazon for $130 (four total pieces). Like them a lot and fit is great similar to Tesla ones. Someone linked in here earlier but my Amazon link from the order is showing a different model (Hyundai). I looked at another brand on there that I had in my Y which were $100 with the small nubs type design.

Reactions: akatwn
Took delivery of my 2024 Long Range Model 3 (Stealth Gray with Black interior and Photon wheels) yesterday in Rockville, MD. The delivery process was smooth and quick, taking around 30 minutes. The Full Self-Driving (FSD) feature transfer was also straightforward. I received the FSD transfer email shortly after logging into my 2024 LR Model 3.

However, I initially thought FSD would be operational after calibration, but I was mistaken. I didn’t realize that the FSD functionality is not yet ready for the 2024 LR Model 3, and we need to wait for Tesla to release a compatible software update to enable FSD on the 2024 M3.

Took delivery of my 2024 Long Range Model 3 (Stealth Gray with Black interior and Photon wheels) yesterday in Rockville, MD. The delivery process was smooth and quick, taking around 30 minutes. The Full Self-Driving (FSD) feature transfer was also straightforward. I received the FSD transfer email shortly after logging into my 2024 LR Model 3.

However, I initially thought FSD would be operational after calibration, but I was mistaken. I didn’t realize that the FSD functionality is not yet ready for the 2024 LR Model 3, and we need to wait for Tesla to release a compatible software update to enable FSD on the 2024 M3.
It’s my understanding that FSD is run on hardware 3 and they need to add a simulation so that hardware 4 can run it. Highland has hardware 4.

Reactions: Old Biker
@akatwn, I got YITAMOTOR ones from Amazon for $130 (four total pieces). Like them a lot and fit is great similar to Tesla ones. Someone linked in here earlier but my Amazon link from the order is showing a different model (Hyundai). I looked at another brand on there that I had in my Y which were $100 with the small nubs type design.
Thanks much, ag21...I'll take a look at Amazon.

Reactions: ag21
Ask a moderator. You can start that process by clicking the three dots of a post and choose report. You really don't want to report a post, so state that in the reason and pose your suggestion.

It seems that there is already a place for Highland .... this thread. I doesn't matter if there's another sub forum, as one will still have to keep up with the thread and either read all posts or just the new ones.
Zoomer0056, agree with you that we'll have to monitor this thread for some time. I do think that in the long run it would be good to have a "Highland" forum indepent of the old Model 3 forum since the Highland is a major refresh to the Model 3 and has many unique features. That way us "Highland" owners wouldn't have to wade through all the original Model 3 posts to get info on our cars. I'll follow your suggestion and correspond with a moderator. Thanks for the rec.

I also note that you are an active contributor to the forum (over 4K posts). Thanks for helping make the forum a reliable source of info, sir.

I watched a YouTube video uploaded today about the new model 3. It was another video out of Europe somewhere from someone. It was the stealth grey,with white interior. It's at least nice to see it on video since Tesla is not giving us the white interior here in the States.

those white seats pop, i can’t wait to take delivery on it.

I’m so thankful it has not changed yet
IMG_0699.jpeg

My earliest date is this 13th
I hope it doesn’t change to June
It’s giving me so much anxiety…lol

i would love that. There are many options on amazon and i have no clue.
I just bought Weathertech mats and they fit perfectly. They have a bit of a lip so if liquid gets in, it won’t spill out.

They have the 2024 in stock for inside but not for the trunk as yet.

I had some from Amazon since in 2019, these weren’t available. But they weren’t the best.
processed-7026F90C-F803-470C-907D-F42FC04F062C.jpeg

processed-30C23A23-A3C4-4D32-A429-E997F86EF241.jpeg

Zoomer0056, agree with you that we'll have to monitor this thread for some time. I do think that in the long run it would be good to have a "Highland" forum indepent of the old Model 3 forum since the Highland is a major refresh to the Model 3 and has many unique features. That way us "Highland" owners wouldn't have to wade through all the original Model 3 posts to get info on our cars. I'll follow your suggestion and correspond with a moderator. Thanks for the rec.

I also note that you are an active contributor to the forum (over 4K posts). Thanks for helping make the forum a reliable source of info, sir.

Only the forum owners can create new forums (there are only a couple of those). Moderators cant as almost all of us are volunteers. With that being said, there is very little chance they choose to create an entire subforum just for a refresh model. There is plenty of precedent here NOT to do that, as model S and X have both had refreshes and no additional subforums were created for that.

So, I would not expect it.