Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
InsideEvs has posted an article saying its a done deal. I checked Tesla web site and tax credit is still only available for the Performance. Tesla has a car the way speced it in inventory. I will need to be able to take delivery in 2024 but I prefer to wait until the last quarter of the year.
I find the tax credit for the LR M3 on the Tesla web site now.

Hi guys, long time no talk! I’ve had my new 3 for about 3 months now. I started noticing these random white patches in my ambient lighting. Do any of you know what this is? Is it cracked? Have other people experienced this?

Attachments

• IMG_2137.jpeg
    IMG_2137.jpeg
    500.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: catxi
Hi guys, long time no talk! I’ve had my new 3 for about 3 months now. I started noticing these random white patches in my ambient lighting. Do any of you know what this is? Is it cracked? Have other people experienced this?
Hard to tell from pics, but I'm tending to agree it is cracks. Put in a service request, can't hurt to ask for waranty repair.

Hard to tell from pics, but I'm tending to agree it is cracks. Put in a service request, can't hurt to ask for waranty repair.
yeah, there are numerous reports of this on this board. warranty service will be needed, no mobile service, and they will replace the entire door panel, instead of just those lights. I've heard it happening again after replacement too.

I personally have this happening on my car as well (March delivery), but I'm going to wait a lil bit before going to warranty. A complete door panel replacement is not a cheap fix for this issue, so I'm assuming (hoping) they will be sourcing a better part soon that doesn't crack and stop the bleeding. I have time to wait for this replacement, and it doesn't bother me too much. I don't notice the cracks/delamination when the led lights are on.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Anyone know if this will apply retroactively for the 2024s bought earlier this year (as a tax credit rather than PoS deduction)? Otherwise, the timing will make us look stupid :)
Unfortunately, I don’t think it will. From what I’ve seen, they are switching over to the Panasonic battery packs (made in USA) hence qualifying for the credit. Earlier models before now used the LG packs so still don’t qualify

Tesla switched back to the Panasonic 2170 cells from Nevada in the LR trim…now also eligible for the $7,500 tax credit. If your car has the LG cells from Korea it’s not eligible, meaning anyone who already took delivery.
I stopped by the showroom in Cathedral City today to ask about that. They told me that “something” changed about the LR to qualify but they were not sure what it was. The guess was a change in the battery production but it was just a guess. What they did tell me is that the current LR AWD models on the lot do not qualify so we have to place an order and wait for them to build one.

I asked them how long it would take and they said no idea, maybe a month. So I placed an order. A few hours later they scheduled my delivery for this Thursday in Irvine. So I went back to the showroom and asked them to pull up the birthdate of my VIN. It was May 30th.

So at this point they have no idea what’s going on but they did confirm the car was set up to receive the $7,500 credit and was sitting at the delivery center waiting for my Thursday pickup.

I wasn’t even planning to buy a car today but with the tax credit and recent price drop it seemed like as good a time as any to take the plunge. Very excited to pick up the new car. Trading in a five year old Model 3 in the process.

I stopped by the showroom in Cathedral City today to ask about that. They told me that “something” changed about the LR to qualify but they were not sure what it was. The guess was a change in the battery production but it was just a guess. What they did tell me is that the current LR AWD models on the lot do not qualify so we have to place an order and wait for them to build one.
You just answered your own question in this post.

But as I said in the next paragraph, that turned out to be false. They assigned me to a car that was already in stock for immediate delivery.
Thus proving my other point that Tesla employees are idiots and don’t know anything :)

There are M3 LR in inventory online, some with and some without the tax credit. Tesla has been making them with the Panasonic cells for a little while now and some cars are still available with the LG cells

Reactions: evfangirl
Thus proving my other point that Tesla employees are idiots and don’t know anything :)
Yes, I already knew that. I’m on my fourth Tesla and over the past five years I estimate that 99% of the stuff Tesla salespeople have told me has turned out to be incorrect. But I still find it hard to believe the car that I’m picking up on Thursday which is sitting on the lot right now and was built in May already has updated batteries in it.

Yes, I already knew that. I’m on my fourth Tesla and over the past five years I estimate that 99% of the stuff Tesla salespeople have told me has turned out to be incorrect. But I still find it hard to believe the car that I’m picking up on Thursday which is sitting on the lot right now and was built in May already has updated batteries in it.
They needed to clear out as much of the old inventory as they could before announcing the change, otherwise they would be sitting on a crap load of LG pack LRs that no one wants. Tesla has regularly changed production historically a few weeks before announcing it.

I asked them how long it would take and they said no idea, maybe a month. So I placed an order. A few hours later they scheduled my delivery for this Thursday in Irvine. So I went back to the showroom and asked them to pull up the birthdate of my VIN. It was May 30th.

So at this point they have no idea what’s going on but they did confirm the car was set up to receive the $7,500 credit and was sitting at the delivery center waiting for my Thursday pickup.

I wasn’t even planning to buy a car today but with the tax credit and recent price drop it seemed like as good a time as any to take the plunge. Very excited to pick up the new car. Trading in a five year old Model 3 in the process.
Wait you just placed an order today and received a delivery date the same day? I’ve been waiting since Feb 3rd for my LR and still don’t have a date! GAH!

Wait you just placed an order today and received a delivery date the same day? I’ve been waiting since Feb 3rd for my LR and still don’t have a date! GAH!
I don’t get it. I was planning to hang out in this thread for the next few weeks while waiting around for it. They offered to let me pick it up tomorrow but I’m out of town so I opted for Thursday. Still have to upload photos of the trade in too.

I think I’m gonna send messages like this every day to them till I hear something more informing… I know it’s so stupid to even try to get any kind of information out of them through the app. just will be funny to hear how they respond to me…

Sidenote,
do you guys think it’s because I have it on the app that I’m paying cash instead of financing?
do you think they’re holding it back and taking care of everybody that financed from them first?
IMG_1154.jpeg

I think I’m gonna send messages like this every day to them till I hear something more informing… I know it’s so stupid to even try to get any kind of information out of them through the app. just will be funny to hear how they respond to me…

Sidenote,
do you guys think it’s because I have it on the app that I’m paying cash instead of financing?
do you think they’re holding it back and taking care of everybody that financed from them first?View attachment 1057500
It has nothing to do with how you pay. Besides that guess, nobody really knows the inner workings and Tesla's delivering process. However, it's ok to give them feedback like this showing frustration and ask questions.