Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 inventories up -- any deals happening?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla does not have any dealers. They sell all cars direct. If any discounts are to be given it will be decided by corporate headquarters in Fremont, with Elon making the final decision. Speaking to the local reps at the sales and delivery centers is pointless. They have no clue what Elon is planning to do. At the moment I’m not sure he does either.

Ok good to know but im not taking hold of my car until they reopen anyways. I agree nobody knows whats gonna happen in the next 4-6 weeks anyways

Good luck trying to actually pick up what you bought. I called my local dealer (Tesla @ Tysons Corner in VA) about picking up earlier than my scheduled date. I got a call back a day or two later and missed it. The message said "Hey, sure let's schedule a time for this weekend. Your car is actually here." I returned the call and have left several messages over the next 2 days. <crickets>

Not really annoyed since I don't need the car right now, but I just thought that it was interesting. In these times, if someone came to me and said "please take my $60-70k" I'd probably make sure my folks were motivated to help the customer find their wallet. Maybe that's why there are still vehicles in the lots. :)

*shrug*

• Informative
Reactions: omegafiler
In the Zombie apocalypse, the grid goes down too, and unless you have a battery backup system in the home, your solar shuts off as well.

Older grid-tied systems do have this design flaw. There are newer inverters that can give you power without a battery bank these days. However, I'm assuming that anyone on this list would probably also have a powerwall or three in conjunction with solar panels. That's what I'll do for my next home (minus grid-tie). For my current home, I just have a whole-house generator fed by 1500gals of propane. That's enough for 1-2 weeks of normal living without any grid power. After that, I guess it's Road Warrior time. :)

Best,

Wish I could find those type of deals in the Southern California area.

So, I know I got lucky but if you keep looking you will find something good, especially given all the recent cancellations. Here is my story, all on the Tesla website:

3/4: ordered a custom 2020 3P black/white. Full price as ($58,990 IIRC).

3/16: found a demo 2020 3P same configuration as my order with FSD for $62,960. Had 250 miles on it and was about 50 miles away. After FSD removal, $55,960. I was pretty excited by this discounted price, especially given the market was tanking and I was wondering if I should buy a car now anyways. Home delivery scheduled for 3/23.

3/19: glanced at the site for fun and a 2019 demo 3P popped up. White/white with 1600 miles for $47,330. Again, within 50 miles distance so will de delivered to my doorstep. Price was simply too good, had to get it. So, I swapped my order once again to this and should receive the car this week (depending on logistics with the COVID stuff and CA mandate).

My point is that there are deals out there but you have to monitor closely and be ready to act. Now, this all might be moot if Tesla ends up with massive quarter end inventory and discounts then all the move to try and make quarter numbers or to try and get a start o what will surely be a soft Q2.

best of luck!

A few days ago North America had 2,400 Model 3’s in inventory. Today they have 2,800. This is not a good sign for Tesla.

I predict deals will be coming shortly.

On the other hand, with the factory shutdown there isn't much reason to hurry to sell them either. Everyone expects this quarter to be bad, so they can only help next quarter at this point.

I've been consistently tracking the SoCal model 3 performance Inventory cars and the amount of available cars has dramatically decreased in the past week. Don't know if they are getting purchased (seems possible but odd given the macro-circumstances) or if Tesla is choosing to pull them from their Inventory at this time (not sure why they would do this though).

Reactions: lUtriaNt
So, I know I got lucky but if you keep looking you will find something good, especially given all the recent cancellations. Here is my story, all on the Tesla website:

3/4: ordered a custom 2020 3P black/white. Full price as ($58,990 IIRC).

3/16: found a demo 2020 3P same configuration as my order with FSD for $62,960. Had 250 miles on it and was about 50 miles away. After FSD removal, $55,960. I was pretty excited by this discounted price, especially given the market was tanking and I was wondering if I should buy a car now anyways. Home delivery scheduled for 3/23.

3/19: glanced at the site for fun and a 2019 demo 3P popped up. White/white with 1600 miles for $47,330. Again, within 50 miles distance so will de delivered to my doorstep. Price was simply too good, had to get it. So, I swapped my order once again to this and should receive the car this week (depending on logistics with the COVID stuff and CA mandate).

My point is that there are deals out there but you have to monitor closely and be ready to act. Now, this all might be moot if Tesla ends up with massive quarter end inventory and discounts then all the move to try and make quarter numbers or to try and get a start o what will surely be a soft Q2.

best of luck!
TypeRX,

Where, exactly, were you looking for these?

ev-cpo.com or somewhere else?

I'm not having much luck finding anything to write home about on Model S's, but need to secure some sort of a deal on an inventory or gallery car if possible.

Thanks!

Reactions: EV-CPO
TypeRX,

Where, exactly, were you looking for these?

ev-cpo.com or somewhere else?

I'm not having much luck finding anything to write home about on Model S's, but need to secure some sort of a deal on an inventory or gallery car if possible.

Thanks!

Wish I could say I had some great system or even a Tesla rep with hawk eyes for these things. I don't. I just make sure to check the Tesla site (Inventory) every morning first thing (seems like ~6-7 am PT there are updates) and multiple times throughout the day. Its possible I am just lucky.

• Informative
Reactions: Yuri_G and lUtriaNt
50k?

anyway these deals are mostly on demo cars, I haven’t seen discounts off new cars? It’s not a blow out yet?

there are unfortunately ZERO discounts in brand new Inventory cars currently. Tesla has one week to move them (to be included in Q1) but either they know there are enough buyers still or aren’t motivated to really push them out. Kind of surprising to me but could be a sign that they had a great quarter regardless of COVID-19