Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The one it comes with is not an "endurance" style flash memory. So it's unlikely to last long if used for sentry mode videos. What sucks is that typically you don't find out your memory card has failed until you actually need to access archived footage...
True, the Tesla does come with a Samsung flash drive which tend to be pretty reliable but you're right it's not made for this particular application.

I know this is anecdotal evidence but I've been running a dashcam for the past 7 years on regular samsung EVO cards without any issues.

On another note, it's best practice to check your dashcam footage monthly (or even weekly) to ensure it's still recording properly. I'm thinking about installing a standalone dashcam because the Tesla dashcam's quality is awful compared to a standalone.

Ordered 6/11 and I’ve been sitting in July for a while for an EDD but lately it’s been pushing to the right a lot, to where it’s now saying middle of September. I don’t get it. I just got my financing approved yesterday thinking it would be a safe bet that I would have my car in just under 3 months.