Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA said:

“I'm still waiting for a VIN to be assigned to your order, that means either a car was built and assigned to you or a VIN became available after a customer changed their mind on configuration. Since we have no eyes on the factory production line we need to wait for the VIN to be assigned, thank you for your patience.”

Not sure if he doesn’t know about tools that other person mentioned that their SA looked at or what.
I am 99% sure that Service Advisors have no access to such a tool. Their job is too pretty much keep you from canceling/answering questions while you wait. It seems that every SA "claims" to have access to X or insider info on Y, when in reality they don't.

My SA said:

“I'm still waiting for a VIN to be assigned to your order, that means either a car was built and assigned to you or a VIN became available after a customer changed their mind on configuration. Since we have no eyes on the factory production line we need to wait for the VIN to be assigned, thank you for your patience.”

Not sure if he doesn’t know about tools that other person mentioned that their SA looked at or what.
Yeah no idea about this. I don't even have a SA. It was just some random customer service rep as far as I know lol. She said I should definitely have something before September though. Possibly 6 weeks to a VIN and then within the week of receiving that, I should have the vehicle.

I am 99% sure that Service Advisors have no access to such a tool. Their job is too pretty much keep you from canceling/answering questions while you wait. It seems that every SA "claims" to have access to X or insider info on Y, when in reality they don't.

Lol that's why I like my SA. He said it's like 100 days from order to getting the car. All other info is fake. But he's also expecting another kid soon. So I think if it hits 100 days, and I don't see the car; he'll be on paternity leave.

The last I heard was amber tail lights yesterday, which of course means foreign production still going on. I can only assume the updated EDDs are because they decided to inject some NA cars into production during a larger foreign market change over (like switching to left hand steering from right hand or something) or even that China is caught up and taking over foreign market builds. I don't know anyone that will be in/around the plant to look for amber tail lights any time soon though.

I also went from 11-17 weeks to July 28-Aug 6. I just bought a used car yesterday to wait out the 3 months too!

The last I heard was amber tail lights yesterday, which of course means foreign production still going on. I can only assume the updated EDDs are because they decided to inject some NA cars into production during a larger foreign market change over (like switching to left hand steering from right hand or something) or even that China is caught up and taking over foreign market builds. I don't know anyone that will be in/around the plant to look for amber tail lights any time soon though.

I also went from 11-17 weeks to July 28-Aug 6. I just bought a used car yesterday to wait out the 3 months too!
I wouldn’t mind if we got amber turn signals and rear fog lights 😁.

my date shifted a week back from 09/08-09/28 to 09/02-09/22.