Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm curious. The text I received on 2/18 states "Your Model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled for delivery" but yet the earliest delivery I could schedule is 3/5 which is 12 business days away from the text. That seems like a lot to traverse the required distance which Google Maps puts at a 38 hour drive. Hauling cars has to be a bit slower, but 2x? Or is 'in transit' to be translated as "it's moving down the production line transforming from pieces into a car?" I'm guessing not since @gargantila has a Thursday delivery scheduled.

I'm still willing to meet my car partway and drive it the rest of the way here..... @elonmusk?!?!?! ;-)

I called my Delivery Center this morning and they said the car was already here and was at an offsite lot. I was able to change my delivery day to this afternoon... You may want to call and see if you can get it sooner :)

I called my Delivery Center this morning and they said the car was already here and was at an offsite lot. I was able to change my delivery day to this afternoon... You may want to call and see if you can get it sooner :)
Will do. I'll probably give it until next week since that's a reasonable transit time or maybe I'll swing by the store over the weekend. I'm glad that at least your final delivery is moving along faster than expected.

Will do. I'll probably give it until next week since that's a reasonable transit time or maybe I'll swing by the store over the weekend. I'm glad that at least your final delivery is moving along faster than expected.

Yes... when I stopped by on Monday there was hardly anyone there... so it's not like they're too busy... Now, I'm just hoping the car will not have any issues... and I can just drive it off and not worry about having to take it back...

I'll let you guys know later on tonight :)

Reactions: bschmer
So I'm curious. The text I received on 2/18 states "Your Model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled for delivery" but yet the earliest delivery I could schedule is 3/5 which is 12 business days away from the text. That seems like a lot to traverse the required distance which Google Maps puts at a 38 hour drive. Hauling cars has to be a bit slower, but 2x? Or is 'in transit' to be translated as "it's moving down the production line transforming from pieces into a car?" I'm guessing not since @gargantila has a Thursday delivery scheduled.

I'm still willing to meet my car partway and drive it the rest of the way here..... @elonmusk?!?!?! ;-)

I got the same text today and earliest delivery is 3/5 too. Went to the showroom today and was told there is nothing they can do to expedite. I am not sure how these cars are transported and why it takes so long. My last 3 cars I got in California and shipped to Miami and it always takes about 4 days to deliver.

I got the same text today and earliest delivery is 3/5 too. Went to the showroom today and was told there is nothing they can do to expedite. I am not sure how these cars are transported and why it takes so long. My last 3 cars I got in California and shipped to Miami and it always takes about 4 days to deliver.
It makes sense that they would say that if the car isn't physically at the location yet. Maybe I'll set up a remote camera and at least give them a chance to unload it from the truck before calling ;-) I worked with a local SA when I ordered and he knows that I'm anxious to get my car so hopefully he'll let me know if there's an earlier opportunity to pick it up.

4 days seems about right since I suspect that a good number of these long haul truckers work as teams to crank out as many $ as possible in a short amount of time.

I know i'm only a voice in the stadium but maaaan so discouraging seeing all the states around me getting their source vins. Ordered 1/17 with the website saying 3-5 weeks. Then a text the week after saying 5-7, then last weeks said 2-5. Hoping AZ gets serviced soon. My SA said to shop for financing after I left in Jan. Spoke with my financer and its only good until March 16th. Fingers crossed. Hoping to avoid another hit to my credit if I have to wait longer.

I keep reading about future owners asking Tesla to see if their car has a build date in "dashboard". Is this only possible once you have a VIN? Looks like almost everything they're building now is headed East, right according to plan.

And now, back to this...

giphy-6.gif

People have said you can call your SA and have them change things to the available car... but someone else can order that car before your SA gets to it I'm guessing... So, you either definitely lose $100 but get your new car within a week (because even though the car says it's in Costa Mesa most likely it's actually at the Freemont factory still) OR you wait till you can get a hold of your SA and have him replace your order with the available car but possibly miss out on that car because someone else either ordered or their SA changed their order before yours did :)
Exactly what I thought when i saw the car and you are right, I lost that 100$

People have said you can call your SA and have them change things to the available car... but someone else can order that car before your SA gets to it I'm guessing... So, you either definitely lose $100 but get your new car within a week (because even though the car says it's in Costa Mesa most likely it's actually at the Freemont factory still) OR you wait till you can get a hold of your SA and have him replace your order with the available car but possibly miss out on that car because someone else either ordered or their SA changed their order before yours did :)
So do you have to start the whole process over again or can you use the same account from the original car?

No VIN....I'm part of the "Check daily/hourly for my VIN" club. I just wish my SA had said "Expect delivery to be more like 9-12 weeks rather than 4-7"....that would've been setting appropriate expectations.

At least I'm not part of that club anymore as I once was. But do not worry I bet your's won't take that much longer. Mine took exactly 2 months even though it started with 4-7 weeks.
Picking it up on the 27 on this month.
So if you order yours on the 4th of January then I predict you'll be getting your vin by the end of this week beginning of next one;)

Finally got a VIN today. 6 weeks and 1 day after ordering. Original delivery estimate was 4-7 weeks. Hopefully that means that there's light at the end of the tunnel!
Nice you finally got your vin. Didn't I called that?? Exactly on the time frame I had said lol.
And exactly 61 days to delivery same as mine. Just mine says 62 on the spreadsheet because I wont be able to pick it up on the day they told me but till the day after.
I should probably give time frames to every one lol

Earlier today I picked up my SR+ 69 days after I placed my order... The process was very smooth... I would say it would have been less than 30 minutes if it wasn't for a small issue I found with the front bumper being misaligned a bit... They took it to service and fixed it in about 15 minutes... The car is definitely worth the wait... The regen brakes took a little getting used to but I've driven the car around 30 miles and I am already used to it... Another thing was I kept looking for the speedometer lights when I was driving at night and had to get used to looking at the monitor :) The acceleration and the technology on the car is amazing... I spent most of the night checking out all the different menu screens and customizing my profile...

Thank you to everyone I've been comisserating with on this thread in the last month or so... It made the wait more bearable... I hope you all get your Model 3s very soon! Good luck to you all!!!