Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CJ,

Thanks for all of this on M3.

(1) Do you -- or have you posted -- any calculated estimate (or WAG) for tesla.com to have an open configuration?

(2) Do you have an approximate count for "...All 3/31 in store line waiters will receive their invites within the next two to three weeks..."?

Thanks

So after the excursion north of the border, Tesla came back to the US for the last batch of invites.
Approximately 4000 invites went out last week mostly to 3/31 non-owners with a tiny portion to owners who reserved in February 2018.

Assuming no more curve balls and an uninterrupted production ramp, we can make a few projections:

1) All 3/31 in store line waiters will receive their invites within the next two to three weeks.

2) All previous owners, regardless of when they made their reservations, will receive their invites by the end of the month.

3) All 3/31 online reservations will be invited by the middle of May. Interesting that some in this group already got to jump the queue in some states like California and Florida. EM mentioned in one of his tweets that this will be corrected.

I reserve the option to alter my projections should Tesla deviate from their current invite pattern and schedule.

Happy Monday everybody!
CJ

CJ,

Thanks for all of this on M3.

(1) Do you -- or have you posted -- any calculated estimate (or WAG) for tesla.com to have an open configuration?

(2) Do you have an approximate count for "...All 3/31 in store line waiters will receive their invites within the next two to three weeks..."?

Thanks

1) I think it is a little too early to accurately calculate open configuration date. There are just too many variables I cannot account for.
My guess at this time is that all current reservation holders who want the first production model will get the $7500 credit.

2) These are my est.:

61800 non-owner reserved In store on 3/31. Over 60-75% are already invited and it took them 4 waves to get there.
Waves should come weekly now.

Got my invite on Friday 4/6/18 - Deposit paid 3/31 online

just as a data point, I paid the $1000 about 10 min before the announcement began online. I did not go into a store.

I selected that I wanted a base model but I still got the invite. I was bummed to see that the online configurator forces you into the battery and interior upgrades. by the time I added a color (blue) & Autopilot it gets awful close to 60k.

I was tempted but this is going to be a 4th car that I use just for commuting. I don't need the long range version. if I was going to spend the money it would be for AWD.

I anticipate I will lose the $7,500 tax credit by waiting.

• Informative
Reactions: sundaymorning
Am simply amazed at the spreadsheet and the level of participation. I added myself about a week ago. Only issue I had was trying to remember the time I placed my order CST. It was within a minute or 2 of the online option being enabled which I do not recall.
Can anybody remind us what time (please indicate timezone too; e.g. 8:00pm PST) the online reservation page became available?

Not that it really matters, but mine was submitted at 7:20 PM online. I found the link on Reddit before it showed up on Tesla.com's webcast page and Tesla confirmed the time on their end a few weeks ago. I think that's one of the reasons why I was invited to configure on 4/6. I must have got my reservation in about 11 minutes before a bazillion more reservations were submitted.

The online pre-orders starts at 7:30pm PST.

Elon Musk‏Verified account @elonmusk
Online ordering at http://Tesla.com will now open at 7:30pm Pacific to ensure no server overload. Presentation still at 8:30.

1:31 PM - 31 Mar 2016

• Informative
Reactions: RenMan68
Check out this new chart on the Production tab. Green is VIN received. Thanks @MattB for the contribution.

export.jpg