Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered in February, text received last night and collection arranged for the 23rd of June, in Birmingham. Tesla confirmed the car is currently crossing the Atlantic.

The lease company have been less than helpful, they haven't given me an update between now and when the order was placed.

Luke

Hi all

Does anyone know when you get told what the registration number is? I am due to pick mine up on Friday 26th June and wondered when we would get the number plate / registration number so I can complete insurance?

Many Thanks in advance.

DC
I got mine a week before but some have not had it until collection day, it’s easy enough to ring the insurance to add it.

Reactions: DC23
Mine wasn't given to me until the day before delivery. I called the SC whilst the car was in transit & asked why the DVLA didn't have my registration details so I could confirm insurance.

I was told that once I received the car & had signed & returned the online acceptance form (Tesla email it to us around the date the car is coming - mine was the evening before) to confirm we actually have the car then they send registration details automatically over to the DVLA.

The DVLA did not update & register my car until the following day & none of Direct Line, LV, Churchill or Admiral had my car on their database that day. By calling the Direct Line 'Tesla' number (0800 051 0036) they accepted my registration verbally, gave me a Tesla discount against their online quote & I was able to insure the car immediately.

Mine wasn't given to me until the day before delivery. I called the SC whilst the car was in transit & asked why the DVLA didn't have my registration details so I could confirm insurance.

I was told that once I received the car & had signed & returned the online acceptance form (Tesla email it to us around the date the car is coming - mine was the evening before) to confirm we actually have the car then they send registration details automatically over to the DVLA.

The DVLA did not update & register my car until the following day & none of Direct Line, LV, Churchill or Admiral had my car on their database that day. By calling the Direct Line 'Tesla' number (0800 051 0036) they accepted my registration verbally, gave me a Tesla discount against their online quote & I was able to insure the car immediately.

This is no different than any other new car. You don't own the car until it has been delivered. The only difference is that most other manufacturers offer free insurance cover for the 1st 7 days or so. Insurance companies are well used to dealing with new registrations that do not appear on their database.

Quick note:

My M3 LR AWD in deep blue / black delivered successfully yesterday (ordered around mid Apr).

The guy who delivered had already rolled it off before I even got to him from my flat on second floor. He said he'd delivered 20 last week and lots to come this week.

As far as I can tell, no major issues. I haven't gone around it in extreme detail and likely won't! Couple of scratches on centre console is the only thing I've seen, plus various bits of sticky residue from covers etc which should wipe off.

Some encouraging feedback for all those who are awaiting news of order updates, deliveries etc - I would recommend you speak once a week with Tesla deliveries line, they seem to have plugged themselves in over the last 3-4 months and really upped their customer service, access to useful info and general willingness to be of help.

Have spoken to the delivery team every Wednesday for the last 4 weeks now, on their advice to call them every week, and each time they have been hugely helpful and genuinely wanting to help push things along.

My advice would be be patient but stay in regular contact. Every day is too often. Leaving things for 2-4 weeks or longer between contacts might be too long and they do seem to much more open to folks staying in touch since I was chasing up on original order between Dec and Feb.

Hoping to hear about a VIN match soon ....

As above. Since I've had the delivery text, the Delivery team have called me twice, to schedule the collection and in general to offer any assistance/advice they can.

They were happy to confirm that the car is mid-Atlantic, though I admit the guy was unsure when I tried to talk about specific ships - Silver Ray vs. Grand Venus.

Quick note:

My M3 LR AWD in deep blue / black delivered successfully yesterday (ordered around mid Apr).

The guy who delivered had already rolled it off before I even got to him from my flat on second floor. He said he'd delivered 20 last week and lots to come this week.

As far as I can tell, no major issues. I haven't gone around it in extreme detail and likely won't! Couple of scratches on centre console is the only thing I've seen, plus various bits of sticky residue from covers etc which should wipe off.
Congratulations - put up some pics - what was mileage incidentally ?

Congratulations - put up some pics - what was mileage incidentally ?
If I'm honest I forgot to check and had already driven on the M40 haha. But pretty sure it was less than 5 miles.

Few pictures attached!

IMG_20200609_120224.jpg IMG_20200609_120242.jpg IMG_20200609_141320.jpg

Awesome pics. That's what I'm waiting for. I love the profile from the front/side. The front could be a 911 from that angle.
Yep. I had downgraded my expectations a bit just from seeing a few other M3s driving around + seeing a few (I guess unclean) blue cars in the Park Royal SC. Was also wondering whether the aero wheels would look a bit naff compared to the sport wheels.

But actually...no regrets whatsoever. It looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.