Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So planning to pick up but of course it’s projected to be pouring rain lol. Any advice on how to thoroughly inspect in this situation? It seems like this will prove very difficult. Will they be willing to pull it inside in the service center or something to check it out? It’s hard to see blemishes and stuff when the car is wet.

If not, how long do I have after leaving the lot to report any damages I find when I get home and can inspect it in a garage?
They did that for me a few (4) years back. Pulled it in to the service area and let me inspect

Dublin looks like they are delivering a lot of cars today s/off. They kept asking for sensitive paperwork that I already gave to them so I came to drop it off since they don't respond to their own texts. Of course they are understaffed, not that many cars ready or being readied, and the poor greeter couldn't get anyone to help me. Just left me waiting for nothing. Amazing experience so far. Also wanted to ask about our ever changing delivery dates with no Vin but nobody ever came out. Amazing service 🤡
1000007840.jpg

Reactions: hkarthik
Dublin looks like they are delivering a lot of cars today s/off. They kept asking for sensitive paperwork that I already gave to them so I came to drop it off since they don't respond to their own texts. Of course they are understaffed, not that many cars ready or being readied, and the poor greeter couldn't get anyone to help me. Just left me waiting for nothing. Amazing experience so far. Also wanted to ask about our ever changing delivery dates with no Vin but nobody ever came out. Amazing service 🤡
View attachment 1060007
Yes, it's amazing. Bad or good amazing? Yes.

Reactions: OaklandTae
Tint has nothing to do with Heat. You can also wear sunglasses. I'm dying to see you fight it. Tint isn't an issue in SoCal so don't lump CA into it. The Bay area is more Oregon than CA
Ceramic tint is heat blocking, and a big reason people in hot climates pay extra for it.

And last I checked, SoCal is under the same tinting laws since you are part of the same state. 70% in the front and any limit in the back.

I have lived in several other states that are less strict about it. 35% was normal in most places in the south.

Has any lucky individuals gotten a complimentary mobile charger? lol just curious. I'm selling my old car and will be giving my charger away as part of the sale.
You need to either:

1. Keep your charger and dont inlcude it in the deal of selling your old car, or
2. Increase the price that you are selling your car for by the cost of buying yourself a new mobile connector (charger).

The answer to your question is "no, they dont include the mobile connector and the only people who get one for free from Tesla get it because of either buying it with referral award points, or because of some catastrophic issue that occurs during order / delivery that the service center is willing to provide a complementary "we are sorry" gift.

(There isnt very much that Tesla is sorry for.. certainly not for changing estimated delivery dates).

• Funny
Reactions: Noodlemon
Well I hate to say it, but I may be the first totaled M3P. 1 week and 1 day after delivery. No one was hurt thank God, but the car is toast. Guy hit me head on with no breaking or even an attempt to swerve. Due to insurance I may not be able to get an M3P as replacement. My rental coverage only covers until they pay out the claim, which is about 2 weeks they said. Then I have to turn the rental in. Yet the M3P is back ordered another 1-2 months and I can't go without a car that long. I literally just sold my old car on Sunday. They also are only going to pay out "actual cash value" so I'll probably lose 10-15k in depreciation from driving off the lot, sales tax, and PPF, tint, and ceramic coating. Really frustrating. I am currently thinking about just leasing an RWD. Basically, if I can't get what I want, pay as little as I possibly can, and unfortunately have to wait 3 years for my M3P. So looks like my time in the waiting room is going to be really long. Take care of your babies...
If they hit you, you should absolutely lawyer up. They should not only be paying used car value on a week old car.

Last edited:
Reactions: phantasms
You need to either:

1. Keep your charger and dont inlcude it in the deal of selling your old car, or
2. Increase the price that you are selling your car for by the cost of buying yourself a new mobile connector (charger).

The answer to your question is "no, they dont include the mobile connector and the only people who get one for free from Tesla get it because of either buying it with referral award points, or because of some catastrophic issue that occurs during order / delivery that the service center is willing to provide a complementary "we are sorry" gift.

(There isnt very much that Tesla is sorry for.. certainly not for changing estimated delivery dates).
best answer! thank you!

Reactions: jjrandorin
Well, she's home!

The delivery experience for me was as I expected. I showed up, found the car, gave them their money (cashier's check) and finished the rest in the app. It did take them a while to come back out when I handed them the check, and I was like hmm, the longer this takes, the more complex this might become lol. But the lady came back out 10 minutes later and we continued the process, butter smooth.

FInal stats of ordering/delivery:
OD 5/17
SG/BLK
EDD1 June
EDD2 July 5-Aug 9
EDD3 June 21-30
VIN on June 22
Delivery June 25

Now, the car itself. This is the first time me seeing the P in person, and walking up to it my first impressions were that the car much more aggressive/sharper looking than the previous gen. I guess you can say that about all the Highlands. My particular vehicle, at first glance, looked very clean and the panels were consistent. Did a quick walk around and everything seemed as expected. No, I didn't bring a checklist.

The interior is a definite improvement over the previous gen. Better materials, etc. The center console mechanisms are nice and tight, way better than the piano black on my 2020. The seats fit me perfectly, but they are ALREADY showing wear on the seat bottoms and lower back, hmm. But finally, cooled seats! Thank you very much, although you can hear the fan behind your ears at the high setting. The ambient lights are cool. Alcantara feels good to the touch.

Cabin noise - yes the the car is a little bit quieter. There were some passing cars that if I had my eyes closed, that I probably wouldn't have sensed a car was there. Now it's not mind-blowing quiet, you can still hear road noise when you are on the freeway, etc., but it's improved over the previous 3.

Streering wheel/no stalks - this is something I'm just gonna have to get used to. I kept having to look at the indicators to use them, and for some reason, my mind kept thinking that they should be reversed, the top should be left and the bottom is right. I even made a left turn and I indicated right, LOLOL. The steering is very tight and responsive, however devoid of road feel. I like the heavy setting.

Accelleration/power - it is all there. It came in standard mode fresh out the box, immediately changed it to Insane. Coming from my 2020 P, the delivery isn't all that different. Just zooming around traffic etc, felt almost exactly the same as my 20. The car was below 50% SOC driving it home however, so I may feel more of a difference after a charge. You'll see the differences here in the 1/4 mile and beyond. 0-80 is faster on paper, but IRL pretty much feels the same in everyday driving when compared to the previous P. I can feel the front tires at the edge of traction, kinda almost feels like a FWD car (I have a Civic EM1 and a CL Type S manual trans).

I didn't test autopilot since I forgot to enable it and didn't feeling like pulling over to put the car in Park. Next time.

Defects:
1. Paint did have some blemishes from them doing a piss job on polishing out certain areas. I have that same circular defect on the rear passenger 1/4 panel as that UR one earlier in this thread. I don't think I will address these with Tesla SC and will address it when the paint is corrected when I get the ceramic done. Also, the paint is thin on one spot at the edge of the hood.
2. Interior - ambient lights/panels do not line up between dash and passenger door.
3. The car does pull to the right. Will have this addressed with SC.

I'll see if I find more when I look over the car again today.

Overall, it's what I expected. Marginal improvements over my previous 3, feels about 90% the same. I'm happy with the car, especially once I get more accilimated with it.

Attachments

• 20240625_195504.jpg
    20240625_195504.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240625_195553.jpg
    20240625_195553.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240625_195638.jpg
    20240625_195638.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 1
best answer! thank you!

No problem.

Since the next question would, in general be "what type of thing have you seen Tesla give a free mobile connector (charger) or wall connector (charger) for? @jjrandorin what did you mean by "catastrophic issue"?

An example of what I have seen Tesla give out a free wall connector / mobile connector for, would be something like taking delivery of a new car, and within a short period of time (a week or two) having some catastrophic failure like a drive unit failure, or a battery failure or some other issue that requires a new car owner to bring the car back to Tesla and get some large mechanical issue fixed.

Well, she's home!

The delivery experience for me was as I expected. I showed up, found the car, gave them their money (cashier's check) and finished the rest in the app. It did take them a while to come back out when I handed them the check, and I was like hmm, the longer this takes, the more complex this might become lol. But the lady came back out 10 minutes later and we continued the process, butter smooth.

OD 5/17
SG/BLK
EDD1 June
EDD2 July 5-Aug 9
EDD3 June 21-30
VIN on June 22
Delivery June 25

Now, the car itself. This is the first time me seeing the P in person, and walking up to it my first impressions were that the car much more aggressive/sharper looking than the previous gen. I guess you can say that about all the Highlands. My particular vehicle, at first glance, looked very clean and the panels were consistent. Did a quick walk around and everything seemed as expected. No, I didn't bring a checklist.

The interior is a definite improvement over the previous gen. Better materials, etc. The center console mechanisms are nice and tight, way better than the piano black on my 2020. The seats fit me perfectly, but they are ALREADY showing wear on the seat bottoms and lower back, hmm. But finally, cooled seats! Thank you very much, although you can hear the fan behind your ears at the high setting. The ambient lights are cool. Alcantara feels good to the touch.

Cabin noise - yes the the car is a little bit quieter. There were some passing cars that if I had my eyes closed, that I probably wouldn't have sensed a car was there. Now it's not mind-blowing quiet, you can still hear road noise when you are on the freeway, etc., but it's improved over the previous 3.

Streering wheel/no stalks - this is something I'm just gonna have to get used to. I kept having to look at the indicators to use them, and for some reason, my mind kept thinking that they should be reversed, the top should be left and the bottom is right. I even made a left turn and I indicated right, LOLOL. The steering is very tight and responsive, however devoid of road feel. I like the heavy setting.

Accelleration/power - it is all there. It came in standard mode fresh out the box, immediately changed it to Insane. Coming from my 2020 P, the delivery isn't all that different. Just zooming around traffic etc, felt almost exactly the same as my 20. The car was below 50% SOC driving it home however, so I may feel more of a difference after a charge. You'll see the differences here in the 1/4 mile and beyond. 0-80 is faster on paper, but IRL pretty much feels the same in everyday driving when compared to the previous P. I can feel the front tires at the edge of traction, kinda almost feels like a FWD car (I have a Civic EM1 and a CL Type S manual trans).

I didn't test autopilot since I forgot to enable it and didn't feeling like pulling over to put the car in Park. Next time.

Defects:
1. Paint did have some blemishes from them doing a piss job on polishing out certain areas. I have that same circular defect on the rear passenger 1/4 panel as that UR one earlier in this thread. I don't think I will address these with Tesla SC and will address it when the paint is corrected when I get the ceramic done. Also, the paint is thin on one spot at the edge of the hood.
2. Interior - ambient lights/panels do not line up between dash and passenger door.

Overall, it's what I expected. Marginal improvements over my previous 3, feels about 90% the same. I'm happy with the car, especially once I get more accilimated with it.
Nice! I'm also bringing a cashier's check to make the payment. Just curious how many miles on the ODO when you get the car. It should have been just rolled out of the assembly line.

Reactions: nonvinp3d
Tesla just let me know my M3P should be arriving in Mt Kisco around the 4th. Still have an EDD listed as July 10-19 but I'm hoping that will the up being sooner, especially since my wife apparently planned a surprise weekend away for my 40th birthday and it's right in the middle of the current delivery window. (And I'd really rather take the M3P to Niagara than the MYP when it's just the two of us. Won't get many opportunities for a long trip without the kids.)

Reactions: Sandee3
Well, she's home!

OD 5/17
SG/BLK
EDD1 June
EDD2 July 5-Aug 9
EDD3 June 21-30
VIN on June 22
Delivery June 25

Defects:

I live right next to where these pics were taken. I'll give you a wave if I ever see you around! (and also if I had my M3P :()

Nice write up.

(moderator note)

Moved the "CA window tint" discussion to an existing thread in the regional CA subforum. If desired, please continue that discussion here:

Well, she's home!

OD 5/17
SG/BLK
EDD1 June
EDD2 July 5-Aug 9
EDD3 June 21-30
VIN on June 22
Delivery June 25

Defects:

Looks stunning

Anyone else concerned about the rampant paint issues / defects with Ultra Red? I’ve seen about 15-20 reports between here and Reddit already. Also saw two at my local SC and both had the “white specks of death” that everyone is talking about. One of them was REALLY bad.

Strongly considering just switching to blue or black to avoid this.