Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've bought 3 Teslas and would not recommend paying them until delivery day after you have looked over the car. They will send texts pushing you to pay, but there is zero benefit to doing so. It will not delay your delivery. It's good for them, bad for you.
Bad how? I'm missing your point. It CAN definitely delay your schedule because it limits delivery to a center. I have always had them dropped at the house. Huge difference. Obviously, it's personal preference but life isn't as black and white as you make it seem. The only thing you can't refund if you refuse the car is the $250 order FEE. Everyone pays that. The rest is noise that people like to add. Tesla doesn't canive nearly as much as people wish they did.

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
I think some people pay in advance because Tesla asks them to and so they comply. But there is zero benefit to doing so. You should always inspect the car before you hand them any money. If there is something wrong with the car you want to have the right to reject it and wait for another one. Although I recognize that given the demand for an M3P right now that could be a long wait.
Paying has nothing to do with that. I've rejected a car before and got another within a week. Paying is a FINANCIAL transaction. You can even get it refunded if you don't end up taking delivery. People don't need to rationalize to justify their behavior. There is nothing wrong with having a PREFERENCE on how you do things. But to make them absolute is close minded.

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
The car looks shockingly good in black. I normally don’t do black cars but immediately switched from ultra red to black upon seeing pictures.
I bet, I was so torn between stealth grey and black. Ultimately when going to a showroom and seeing them side by side I decided to go with something new for myself which was the grey. I’m sure whenever I see a black version I will feel a bit of regret 😅

Reactions: BMWY
Glad you're loving it too! Mine got a 3 hour Spa day of wash, polish, ceramic this morning. Started before direct sunlight heated things up. Ready for a nap and it's only 930am!
I’m ready and waiting. What product did you use?

Attachments

• IMG_4092.jpeg
    IMG_4092.jpeg
    538 KB · Views: 7
this can’t be done with normal driving and manual breaking? i’ll need to see if i can find a good area here in los angeles to do this.
It can be done with "normal" driving but it's better on an open stretch, like a road that dead ends, or something. There is no real break in period, but I usually take about 500 miles (on an EV) to gradually get to full bore acceleration and brakes. We don't have engines, but I doubt that things were stressed after assembly.

You can run summer tires year round. Wilmington isn't snowy. I haven't been there in a bit but I ran summer tires throughout when I was at UNCW. If you run All Seasons, get some with stiff sidewalls, like summer tires have. That way the car doesn't get as sloppy.
Granted I’m in Arizona where we may get a month or two in winter at 30degrees but I’ve only ever had summer tires (pirelli zero or Michelin pilots)

I need a separate thread just for m3ps getting tinted and upgraded now. Need to see what i want to do with this bad boy once I get it next week. Said it before but going 70% windshield and 20% all around but wondering if I should go darker since the white seats make it so bright inside. Maybe 50% windshield but I dont want to mess with my vision at all at night

Reactions: jv92red
For those that were wondering regarding TINT, the Glass is the EXACT SAME on the Highland as it was in the previous Model 3. I got that info from the Tint shop that is getting me a quote. There are some differences in areas that we don't want to get wet, so please have your tint shop recognize things like ambient lights and speakers before they soak the area.