Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this is my first tesla. you’re saying i should break in the breaks? where is this guide you speak of?
You should break in ANY new pads and rotors. Doing so makes them smoother and more consistent over the life as well as taking the "glaze" off/resurfacing. The metal needs to go through a series of increasing heat cycles and the surfaces need to grind to get smooth grip.

Reactions: jiren
25% of orders in the tracker have VINs! feels like a milestone 🎉😝
View attachment 1050755
(I'll create a drop-down for the Yes/No values tomorrow since caps variability messes with the chart)
I'm somewhat lacking in confidence in this. I've been checking the tracker regularly and twice now have found my VIN changed to having one when I don't have one. Not sure how many other people that could be happening for that aren't paying as much attention.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
Dang, I go out for a nice leisurely dinner with the wife and this thread blows up with 5 additional pages of posts.
Glad to see there are plenty of looney, obsessive folks on this forum, just like me! 🤪🤣

I see that @M3PDenver already answered @jjrandorin ’s question about the brakes.
The only thing I’ll add is, while Tesla advertises the standard M3P brakes as “track-ready”, I highly doubt they are true track tested/worthy brakes. Certainly nothing like what you would get in a true “track pack” brake option, like what is offered on the Model S Plaid. I’m sure it won’t be long before a forum member tracks their new M3P, and then we’ll know just how good/average the standard “track-ready” brakes are…
Tesla doesn't claim the brakes to be track ready. They only have the pads from the TESLA track package. Just pads. Same rotors. Same lines. same fluid, etc.

Never owned a car with summer tires yall. Will I be ok to run them year-round in southeastern coastal NC? I was planning on eating through these perellis this summer then replacing them with Pilot sport all season 4s, but EDD is now late July-August.😭. Temps in the winter here are a low of mid 30s.

Also side question are they going to deliver this car with summer tires in the northern US in the winter?
You can run summer tires year round. Wilmington isn't snowy. I haven't been there in a bit but I ran summer tires throughout when I was at UNCW. If you run All Seasons, get some with stiff sidewalls, like summer tires have. That way the car doesn't get as sloppy.

Reactions: D Good
You should break in ANY new pads and rotors. Doing so makes them smoother and more consistent over the life as well as taking the "glaze" off/resurfacing. The metal needs to go through a series of increasing heat cycles and the surfaces need to grind to get smooth grip.
this can’t be done with normal driving and manual breaking? i’ll need to see if i can find a good area here in los angeles to do this.

How many of you are paying in full prior to seeing the car via Plaid/ACH in the app? Or are you waiting until you get to pickup and inspect before transmitting or handing over a cashiers check? This seems to be a variable process from state to state and service center to service center.
I usually do ACH because I know I will get one. I may refuse the car once I see it and ask for another, but I doubt I'll cancel my order.