Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped watching this when he said he drives his RWD in Chill mode and followed it by "oh my god, it's so fast even in standard mode".

Can't expect someone to be able to articulate the true nature of a performance car when they are overwhelmed by standard mode.
Lol True, not very representative of this crowd I would imagine.

The car looks shockingly good in black. I normally don’t do black cars but immediately switched from ultra red to black upon seeing pictures.
Right? I’m on the fence between red/black and blk/white. Argh…

I have blk/blk now so prob won’t do that combo again although it’s as stealth as one can get with tint and black calipers with pewter wheels

So you’re blk/blk?

Reactions: jose3030
Update to the data viz today. Added the payment type information and a look at how VIN assignment and scheduled deliveries for different order dates are progressing — looks like Tesla is assigning VINs equally across payment types and prioritizing April 23rd orders (I left off the pre 4/23 orders, they definitely got prioritized and almost all have VINs). Tesla is possible favoring 3rd party financing which is interesting. Big caveat, all of this info is volunteered and it could be people are more comfortable sharing that they're paying cash vs. financing through Tesla etc.
Do you think they are prioritizing it based on your order date in the app? Sadly I ordered the 23rd in the evening but the app says I ordered 24th. Looks like this has happened to several ppl who ordered later in the evening. Not sure if that’s putting us behind

Interesting - have had a VIN for several weeks. Pushed three days. Was originally 5/25 - 6/3.

Attachments

• IMG_2414.jpeg
    IMG_2414.jpeg
    527.8 KB · Views: 5
Anyone here have a Tesla contact that will look at my order as I think something is wrong with it. I'm cool with not having a VIN but the issue is that I'm day 1 order (RN12153xxx) but since about May 1 my status has not shown a date range but instead the words "We'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks". The SA is the it's all good message but I don't think they are actually looking at the order. If it matters, this is a cash order with no trade in.
This happened to me, I had that message for almost a month. Eventually it updated with an EDD. Today, which was about a week after EDD reappeared, I got a VIN. There is likely nothing wrong with your order.

The white interior I love the seats but prefer the black alcatera interior door trim. I’d consider white int with a black exterior as when opened, it’s a 2 colour scheme rather than looking at red/white/black. See last pic. Just me or does it look busy with tri colour showing? Ie. 3 way Oreo cookie look with white in the middle of 2 black sections, black door rubber, white seats, red interior paint, black dash…trying to imagine this with a black exterior and removing one colour to change to dual colour or tri scheme.
I have the same feeling somewhat. Loving the white seats (have them for about 4,5 years now in my 2019 M3P), and was planning to order them again in my next config, but the combo with Ultra Red isn't that great as I thought. Like you said, too much going on, and the white seats distract from the awesome Ultra Red exterior. I saw a LR Ultra Red with white interior almost next to a with black interior, and the one with black was the better combo.

Still in doubt sometimes, because the white sport seats are looking great up close. But the door inlays are too big, and if you zoom out and get the Ultra Red in the same view, it makes less sense. I would take the white seats with every other exterior color.

I have the same feeling somewhat. Loving the white seats (have them for about 4,5 years now in my 2019 M3P), and was planning to order them again in my next config, but the combo with Ultra Red isn't that great as I thought. Like you said, too much going on, and the white seats distract from the awesome Ultra Red exterior. I saw a LR Ultra Red with white interior almost next to a with black interior, and the one with black was the better combo.

Still in doubt sometimes, because the white sport seats are looking great up close. But the door inlays are too big, and if you zoom out and get the Ultra Red in the same view, it makes less sense. I would take the white seats with every other exterior color.
Blk/white looking like an awesome option.
Or Red/blk.

And then even more interesting…the ultra red does not match the caliper red. The red calipers are more the old MC red and even that is not exact. So with the 20 warp wheels and covers off, the two reds won’t match. Not sure who in their product dev team doesn’t see this. :)
Irrelevant with ever other colour.

Last edited:

I've had teslas with both options and imho white just makes the interior more pleasant and less gloomy. No one needs to justify their choice though. Maybe you're right and each time I open the doors I'll be like omg look at these giant white door inlays lol.

For everyone who really wants the white seats but wants the black interior for the Alcantara door accents; a few points of consideration-

1) As mentioned the seat cover option blocks the ventilation and is not recommended for side airbag interference.

2) As I mentioned on this thread a few days ago, if your even a little DIY inclined, i would recommend watching some Alcantara installation videos. Alcantara is sold at your local fabric store and readily available on Amazon. You'll need the non-backed Alcantara and you can pick any color you want. And also a good contact adhesive. The key to install are the relief cuts needed behind the corners when the material is brought around to the back of the piece you're covering to prevent bunching.

3) Have an automotive interior shop do the Alcantara work for you if your not DIY inclined. This option will still be cheaper and more sensible than Options 4 and 5

4) Order the M3P white seats from Tesla? Would this even be a possibility?

5) Find 2024+ M3P white seats from a Tesla parts wrecking yard. I would think this option will take time as this car just being released, it will take time for wrecked M3P's to show up. (Lighting a candle and saying a prayer so that none of us are on the wrecking end of this scenario)

The way i look at this is like tint. Sure we can source tint on our own for $50 to $100 and install it ourselves. But many of us don't know how and even if we wanted to try DIY it's not easy and takes time so we pay someone $500 up to 1k depending on how many windows and quality of tint. I see doing the same with Alcantara door cards. Spend a few hundred bucks and get the interior look you want AND have your white interior seats.

Last edited:
For everyone who really wants the white seats but wants the black interior for the Alcantara door accents; a few points of consideration-

1) As mentioned the seat cover option blocks the ventilation and is not recommended for side airbag interference.

2) As I mentioned on this thread a few days ago, if your even a little DIY inclined, i would recommend watching some Alcantara installation videos. Alcantara is sold at your local fabric store and readily available on Amazon. You'll need the non-backed Alcantara and you can pick any color you want. And also a good contact adhesive. The key to install are the relief cuts needed behind the corners when the material is brought around to the back of the piece you're covering to prevent bunching.

3) Have an automotive interior shop do the Alcantara work for you if your not DIY inclined. This option will still be cheaper and more sensible than Options 4 and 5

5) Find 2024+ M3P white seats from a Tesla parts wrecking yard. I would think this option will take time as this car just being released, it will take time for wrecked M3P's to show up. (Lighting a candle and saying a prayer so that none of us are on the wrecking end of this scenario)

The way i look at this is like tint. Sure we can source tint on our own for $50 to $100 and install it ourselves. But many of us don't know how and even if we wanted to try DIY it's not easy and takes time so we pay someone $500 up to 1k depending on how many windows and quality of tint. I see doing the same with Alcantara door cards. Spend a few hundred bucks and get the interior look you want AND have your white interior seats.
Seems like the easiest route is to order white interior and separately purchase the black interior door cards.

Or just order the black interior door panel or piece if it’s a separate piece

I did this with my MYP 2022. I missed the new interior door panel with the wood trim by a month so I bought the entire new door panels for $115 each and $60 install by tesla. 🤷🏽‍♂️(cnd price). $290 and done.

I’m sure one may be able to order the black interior door panel directly. Cheaper than seats I imagine