Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m ready and waiting. What product did you use?
Looks like you're all set for it! I found Chemical Guys brand stuff about 6 yrs ago when I got my previous one, and like their products. I'm nowhere near what people would call a "car guy" so I'm not gonna be as picky as most. But their stuff actually smells delicious going on and not chemical-ey, which I like.
They have two polish products: Whitelight (for light colored cars) and Blacklight (obv for dark cars). The Whitelight would make my previous (silver) car shine so much in the sun that it hurt to look. Moved the car back into the garage when it wasn't super bright outside but the Blacklight, so far, seems to have done similar effect, it was hurting to look.

I've never Ceramic'ed a car before, and I got the Chemical Guys ceramic coater that was kinda like this gloppy gel. Hoping I did it right. It was harder to buff off than I expected, took two towels and passes to get what I (hope) is all of it. Usually the most I do is the wash and their "Butter Wet" wax which goes on/off very simply without much effort. In reality, I prob should just hire someone who knows what they're doing very well, but I it's looking good to me, so I'm happy! :).

Agreements are unlocked this morning after making final payment, but I plan to not sign until I see the car. Also, the odometer already reads 15 miles....not sure if that is typical....thoughts??? First Tesla, dunno how much they are driven to test things out before delivery....
Regardless, looks like delivery is going to happen! (knock wood)

Apologies if I missed this, but has anyone seen anyone with a pre-launch order date get a VIN assigned?

I ordered a LR M3 on the U.S. launch date of Jan 10. My order was delayed many times due to white interior. I took it as a sign when I still hadn't received my car and the M3P was released, so I contacted Tesla to change my existing order to a M3P Stealth Grey, White interior. I still show my original order date of Jan 10, and the car does show upgraded to the M3P, but I have no VIN still. I'm in Georgia. Just wondering if somehow I'm stuck in some weird limbo because I have an order date pre-launch.

Agreements are unlocked this morning after making final payment, but I plan to not sign until I see the car. Also, the odometer already reads 15 miles....not sure if that is typical....thoughts??? First Tesla, dunno how much they are driven to test things out before delivery....
Regardless, looks like delivery is going to happen! (knock wood)
15 is just the number they put on paperwork to account for what it *could* have, not what it does. It'll likely be lower when you check. Mine was 2 or 3 I think, paperwork still says 15.

I need a separate thread just for m3ps getting tinted and upgraded now. Need to see what i want to do with this bad boy once I get it next week. Said it before but going 70% windshield and 20% all around but wondering if I should go darker since the white seats make it so bright inside. Maybe 50% windshield but I dont want to mess with my vision at all at night
I'm with you on the windshield decision back and forth but for me I'm torn between a Air80 and a 70% for the windshield. Air80 is basically clear and has ok (43%) solar heat rejection. But with 70% it's now ever so slightly tinted but with more solar heat rejection than the Air80. Any way you go you'll get 99% UV protection and there are only very small IR differences between them as well.

Is there a separate category or thread on TMC about financing? I couldn’t find one and don’t want to clog up this thread if so - but you got me all wanting to ask where you’re finding these rates! Some initial looking around at credit unions in Colorado and the best I could find offered (listed) was same as Tesla -6.49. Lots were in the 7.25 range!

There have been some, but the issue that almost always pops up in "interest rate" threads is some of the credit unions both have membership requirements, and sometimes offer referral bonuses. We dont allow "use my referral" posts, but thats what they tend to turn in to, as people sign up for some good deal then rush to refer each other for the sign up bonuses some offer.

There have been some, but the issue that almost always pops up in "interest rate" threads is some of the credit unions both have membership requirements, and sometimes offer referral bonuses. We dont allow "use my referral" posts, but thats what they tend to turn in to, as people sign up for some good deal then rush to refer each other for the sign up bonuses some offer.
Almost every credit union has a backdoor way of getting in. Posting low interest rates would be a tremendous community service to people. Can't we do it in a way to prevent people from getting referrals? Maybe just allow the posting of the name of the Credit Union and not a link? Generally Google searches are corrupted by large banks or referral services.

Reactions: moggsy
Another option for people not members of a credit union and don't like what Tesla's or your local bank rate has; if you have a parent or grandparent who was in any branch of the military, you'll qualify for membership to USAA. I'm not affiliated with them and honestly didn't know up until about 10 years ago i qualified. My dad served in WW2 and i just needed to present his discharge documentation and i was in. I have my home and auto insurance with them and have been pre-approved for a better loan rate than Tesla is offering.
Just wanted to throw this option out there for some who don't know they can become members like myself.

Reactions: P-Lo801 and arkhos
With the brake talk, it reminds me of break-in to a ICE vehicle. As this should be my first ev, assuming I get a Vin. lol... :) I notice everyone is getting there new ride and hammering it right out the block with less than 10 miles. With ICE engine piston rings, seals and lots of metallurgies getting along there is a break-in period for longevity of the motor. Do these cars have any recommended break in period? recommended break in routines. they still have gear trains, and motor spindle bearings, and such..

With the brake talk, it reminds me of break-in to a ICE vehicle. As this should be my first ev, assuming I get a Vin. lol... :) I notice everyone is getting there new ride and hammering it right out the block with less than 10 miles. With ICE engine piston rings, seals and lots of metallurgies getting along there is a break-in period for longevity of the motor. Do these cars have any recommended break in period? recommended break in routines. they still have gear trains, and motor spindle bearings, and such..
100% what I will do is put on chill mode for the first 1000 miles and drive normal