Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a VIN since 5/16 but my EDD seems to creep forward as the close end date passes. Was 5/25 - 6/3 and then once 5/26 hit, it was updated to 5/27 - 6/5.

So I'm just sitting here hoping that when 5/28 hits tomorrow, they don't just creep it again and at 10am eastern time I see it change to 5/29 - 6/7 (or worse). I'm having visions of my poor car just sitting in a 110F parking lot... hoping Florida thunderstorms don't hit it.
Same thing here in WPB. I spoke to my SA and she said still in transit.

Reactions: Sandee3 and MikeyC
Mine went from 5/26-6/9 to 6/5-6/30. No VIN. SG/black Oregon order within minutes of release. I’m sure we’ll get them by the end of June with the end of quarter push. Gonna creep around the local Tesla holding lot later just to see probably nothing, but I’ll be next to it so why not?
Same EDD pushback here, NO VIN, PNW area. Blue/Black. Ordered about 4 hours after orders went live.

No sweat here at all - I had mentally prepped myself for a July delivery to lessen the disappointment of delays. ;)

Super exciting watching others get VINs, and even deliveries, and all the awesome pics/vids being shared. We can live vicariously through those people to tide us over! :)

Hello - does anyone else have a M3P that has been sitting at the local Tesla center for 1-2 weeks but no sign of delivery (the SA confirmed that the car is on the lot)? The delivery date range gets pushed back by a day everyday. Is there still a hold on these cars, or were some of them damaged in transit? You would think that they would want to deliver cars that are sold and sitting on the lot. Thanks

Like others, still no VIN but checked this morning and my EDD got pulled back to the left by almost a month! Tracker updated and history below 🎢

--------------------------------

M3P Black/Black

Ordered: 4/23 @ 4:19pm PDT (EDD: June)
Update 1 (5/3): EDD May 14 - Jun 11
Update 2 (5/12): EDD May 17 - May 31
Update 3 (5/17): EDD May 19 - Jun 2
Update 4 (5/20): EDD May 20 - Jun 2
Update 5 (5/21): EDD Jul 2 - Aug 6
Update 6 (5/27): EDD Jun 7 - Jun 21
Oh man, I am the same black/black config as you. My EDD getting pushed out seems more likely than getting a VIN.

What Elon giveth, Elon taketh away.

4 out of 6. I got my VIN yesterday, day 0 UR/B Chicagoland! They're prob prepping our train car
My EDD from May 30 - June 13 just got moved to July 15 - August 19 today. My biggest fear is we are in the “calm before the storm” period before all the major car magazines release the full performance information of the car causing a mass amount of orders further delaying orders. Really bummed out.

IMG_2813.jpeg

PEOPLE. If your **** gets pushed out to July onward, INGORE IT. Holy ****. Don’t go planning your whole life around this fake estimated delivery date and canceling vacations.

Study the ****ing Google sheet, read the forum, and understand how Tesla’s system works.

The estimated date WILL get pulled back in. The current production schedule is not like how it was earlier this year with SR/LR orders. Tesla is ramped back up.

Can anyone who has taken delivery, please weigh the OEM wheel/tire?
Wheels are 20" staggered:
Front: 235/35 20x9 49.4 lbs.
Rear: 275/30 20x10.1 53.0 lbs.
(with minimal wheel weights, 33 miles of tread wear)

For reference: 20" 245/35 Tesla G-force: 50.8 lbs. (~500 miles of tread wear)

Attachments

• Front Weight.jpg
    Front Weight.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Rear Weight.jpg
    Rear Weight.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Front Rear.jpg
    Front Rear.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2024 v 2018.jpg
    2024 v 2018.jpg
    931.8 KB · Views: 4
It is honestly extremely frustrating how people who ordered well into May are getting VINs before those who ordered on release day or shortly thereafter.
It's mostly for different trims though. I mean, I'm right there with you with a SG/Black order 45 minutes after live watching white interiors from mid May get VINs, but it is what it is. Haven't really seen much in the way of later SG/Blacks other than by a day or two and they are people right near the factory that don't have transport time to worry about.