Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My black/black just pushed back to 7/16-8/27. It seems like that combo has gotten pushed back for many. Either a really good sign or a bad one, lol.
Mine got pulled up almost a month. It is typical for the EDD to go out then come back to approximately where it started before delivery. Mine went from now to end of June back to a week from now (as of this morning). Mine is a black/Black in SoCal

For the love of all things holy…IT MEANS NOTHING!! It can and will change 3-6 times before anyone gets their car. It will move back and forth more times than Austin Powers executing a 3 point turn.
I think at this point a 4/23 delivery in the same area can come in August, while a late May order can come in June.

Unless we have a member here that works logistics or is involved in the ordering process we have no idea when a VIN will be assigned.

The process could either be highly organized or understaffed and complete chaos. I’m now limiting myself to looking at the EDD to once a week every Monday when I wake up and unfortunately will stop following this thread.

As other users have stated, I think “forgetting I ordered a M3P” is the best thing to keep yourself from disappointment. I’d like to wish everyone the best of luck and a speedy VIN!

I’m thinking of it like this - delay just means more time for me to save for- and for all these awesome members who get theirs before me to debate on - all the accessories I need. I figure by the time I get mine I will have already figured out paint protection, tint, all weather tires (and probably wheels) for the winter, floor mats, screen protector for the back screen, and maybe some other fun little tweaks.

In the mean time, we early adopters will iron out the kinks so those of you with September deliveries won't have an ugly rivet right in the middle of the accelerator pedal. ;)

Mine got pulled up almost a month. It is typical for the EDD to go out then come back to approximately where it started before delivery. Mine went from now to end of June back to a week from now (as of this morning). Mine is a black/Black in SoCal
Doesn't look like anyone with black/black has taken delivery yet and very few have VINs. Maybe that will change this week.

Mine went from 5/26-6/9 to 6/5-6/30. No VIN. SG/black Oregon order within minutes of release. I’m sure we’ll get them by the end of June with the end of quarter push. Gonna creep around the local Tesla holding lot later just to see probably nothing, but I’ll be next to it so why not?
We’re exactly the same except I have white with black interior. But our order times EDDs and location all the same

Same pattern with my EDD but a few days later (also black/black in SoCal) so whenever you get your VIN/delivery I'll start to feel good about mine!

Reactions: Jangy
Seems like a few got really pushed back recently. I wonder if Tesla is running into issues or maybe supply chain issues?
If you’ve been paying attention closely, it seems that they tool the line for one interior color, either interiors swap windows from mid-term to short-term and vice versa, VINs are assigned based on carrier logistics, and if your order isn’t assigned then it is pushed out to the next “batch”. Then, the cycle happens again.

That is what seems to be happening as white vs. black interior EDDs alternate wildly week over week. Obviously there is the factor that if you are located away from the rail line, then your order might “sit” to wait for more orders in the vicinity to collect.

Seems like a few got really pushed back recently. I wonder if Tesla is running into issues or maybe supply chain issues?
I think EDD just don’t matter. I went from May 23-June7 and then on the 23rd it changed from that to July 7 to August 11 and now it’s June 23-30. Im a May 1st order. If anything it’s ramping up with the amount of vins and closer dates that been given out . Think those with July estimations that had june will probs get a closer date. Just not predictable for how sporadic they change you know

Some of you guys need to learn how to use a spreadsheet. Seems like every time I get on the order tracker someone has done something stupid and messed everything up.

What is the username of the spreadsheet owner? We need to revert to an older version.

I reverted. It really is incredible. Please PM me for spreadsheet issues. This thread moves too fast for me to keep up.