Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty sad right now. Ord 4/23 Stealth/Black in AZ. My EDD just pushed back to 6/9-6/23 (had been 5/29-6/9 for a while). Sold my car Tuesday and I guess I knew it would be dicey but now I really have to figure out transportation for a month
Bummer. I also sold my car early because I didn’t want to mess with perfectly timing Tesla’s trade in policy, and didn’t want to make any more monthly payments or pay for insurance in between.

I just texted my SA yesterday so I don't want to be an "everyday pain"... but if anyone else contacts their SA, could you ask if there is a NEW EPA issue, or are the SCs just having an issue downloading/installing the existing fix: 2024.14.8? My SA said I should be able to schedule delivery Sunday but I don't know if there's a new kink in the works now.

Pretty sad right now. Ord 4/23 Stealth/Black in AZ. My EDD just pushed back to 6/9-6/23 (had been 5/29-6/9 for a while). Sold my car Tuesday and I guess I knew it would be dicey but now I really have to figure out transportation for a month
I’m also in Arizona and have same config as you but ordered 2 days later. My EDD got pushed back to 7/3-8/7 from a similar EDD as you 5/29-6/9

Not sure if I should ask this question here or if there is another thread for this. Looks like I wouldnt get my m3p until late august. Being in east coast I will have to switch to a winter or all season setup of tire/wheels by october. After having multiple bents and blown tires (potholes are a part of life in MA) I said goodbye to the uberturbines and pirellis in my old m3p and just switched to a 19 inch all season setup all year round. Now the new m3p being staggered wheel/tire makes things complicated for me. Anyone knows if I can just switch to a square setup or does it have to be staggered? Hoping to use my current wheels and tires if possible. I dont really care for performance in winter.

Last edited:
Not sure if I should ask this question here or if there is another thread for this. Looks like I wouldnt get my m3p until late august. Being in east coast I will have to switch to a winter or all season setup of tire/wheels by october. After having multiple bents and blown tires I said goodbye to the uberturbines in my old m3p and just switched to a 19 inch all season setup all year round. Now the new m3p being staggered wheel/tire makes things complicated for me. Anyone knows if I can just switch to a square setup or does it have to be staggered? Hoping to use my current wheels and tires if possible. I dont really care for performance in winter.
Your old M3P wheels were staggered too. It can be square.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki and JezzaE
Our vacation plans were made long ago, well before the M3P was announced.

But I have never ordered a Tesla so I didn’t realize they were so strict about delivery windows. They should give at least a 10 day window when they keep delaying their EDDs.
i asked an SA about this exactly and they said they can hold the car for two weeks if your delivery conflicts with travel

Reactions: hkarthik
Not sure if I should ask this question here or if there is another thread for this. Looks like I wouldnt get my m3p until late august. Being in east coast I will have to switch to a winter or all season setup of tire/wheels by october. After having multiple bents and blown tires (potholes are a part of life in MA) I said goodbye to the uberturbines and pirellis in my old m3p and just switched to a 19 inch all season setup all year round. Now the new m3p being staggered wheel/tire makes things complicated for me. Anyone knows if I can just switch to a square setup or does it have to be staggered? Hoping to use my current wheels and tires if possible. I dont really care for performance in winter.
Same question for me, but my current car is a 2018 RWLR with 18 in wheels (square). I have an extra set of wheels for summers, do we know if they fit and is the bolt pattern the same? I recall earlier that there may be an issue fitting around the larger brakes on the 2024 M3P. It sure would be nice to not have to buy another set of wheels and just use those for new winter tires