Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone made a good point in the Facebook group. The Model Y 0.99% Finance deal ends tomorrow so hopefully we see things start to pick up again for our cars.

Wishful thinking but that's all I have these days 🤣
Idk I wouldn’t count on it because that’s just when the 0.99% deal ends. They still have to produce and ship and deliver all of those orders then which will still delay M3P production sadly.

Mine has been anchored at 7/16-8/27 for weeks now. Just gonna be of the mindset that I’m not seeing this thing before July.
Same here. Ordered 5/1 and soon after approving leasing agreement it updated from "June" to 7/12-8/23 and hasn't moved since. Hoping I get a surprise update to June but doesn't seem likely. I got my 2021 LR quicker in the middle of COVID. :(

Same here. Ordered 5/1 and soon after approving leasing agreement it updated from "June" to 7/12-8/23 and hasn't moved since. Hoping I get a surprise update to June but doesn't seem likely. I got my 2021 LR quicker in the middle of COVID. :(
I ordered day of release. Had July to August dates and then a few weeks back switched to 5/30-6/13 and got all excited and then earlier this week got pushed back to 7/14-8/19. Big smack in the face. It’s like they dangled a possible VIN in front of my face then ran off with it lol

Reactions: John Walther
I ordered day of release. Had July to August dates and then a few weeks back switched to 5/30-6/13 and got all excited and then earlier this week got pushed back to 7/14-8/19. Big smack in the face. It’s like they dangled a possible VIN in front of my face then ran off with it lol
What region? I had something similar happen, but just a few days ago, my EDD changed to Jun 7 - Jun 21. I ordered 4/24 (technically 4/25)

Not sure if I should ask this question here or if there is another thread for this. Looks like I wouldnt get my m3p until late august. Being in east coast I will have to switch to a winter or all season setup of tire/wheels by october. After having multiple bents and blown tires (potholes are a part of life in MA) I said goodbye to the uberturbines and pirellis in my old m3p and just switched to a 19 inch all season setup all year round. Now the new m3p being staggered wheel/tire makes things complicated for me. Anyone knows if I can just switch to a square setup or does it have to be staggered? Hoping to use my current wheels and tires if possible. I dont really care for performance in winter.
Yes, you can switch to a square setup. You just have to research the proper ratios so that your speedo is not too out of wack.

Not sure if I should ask this question here or if there is another thread for this. Looks like I wouldnt get my m3p until late august. Being in east coast I will have to switch to a winter or all season setup of tire/wheels by october. After having multiple bents and blown tires (potholes are a part of life in MA) I said goodbye to the uberturbines and pirellis in my old m3p and just switched to a 19 inch all season setup all year round. Now the new m3p being staggered wheel/tire makes things complicated for me. Anyone knows if I can just switch to a square setup or does it have to be staggered? Hoping to use my current wheels and tires if possible. I dont really care for performance in winter.
Obviously the square setup is ideal for rotations/cost/simplicity, but I would personally advise against deviating from the staggered setup that comes stock on this new car. I can't find the post, but I recall seeing one of the early deliveries mentioning that the car "started to lose traction." They didn't mention rain or coming out of a corner. If this is true (i.e., the new M3P has so much power that it slips a bit from a straight line pull in dry conditions), then you'll definitely need the 275's in the back. As a side note, if this car actually "slips" at all then it'll be a huge disappointment. Did they design this with *too much* power? The outgoing M3P was absolutely perfect in this category. I've literally *never* felt the car slip from a launch in dry conditions---never! What's the point of this much power if it can't be translated properly? There's a reason why I don't own a RWD V8. LOL. On the other hand, you could consider going with a 275 square setup. However, I also recall seeing a Tesla video where they said that the 235/275 setup was designed/selected for a specific reason (though I could be wrong). Perhaps the front 235's are better for coming out of corners and steering feel/weight.

On another note, I can't find the post at the moment, but a few forum members were debating the winter/summer/all-season tire issue. I live in a rural-ish area of AZ and temps range from 20 degrees to 120+ degrees. I've *always* run summer only tires and have never had an issue with traction and/or compound cracking from the cold weather. Granted, I always keep my car in the garage in the winter. I think leaving the car outside in below 30 degree conditions could cause some issues if the car sits for extended periods. But otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it. I've even taken my summer tires in snow conditions up into the mountains in Northern AZ, albeit briefly. Unless we are talking constant snowy conditions, I think *most* of us, even those in cold weather (below 30 temps) can safely run summer tires all year. The benefit is a much stickier tire and amazing traction, which, as I stated above, seems to be a necessity on this new model. A friend of mine has the all-season tires that come with the Model Y performance (Hankook Ion Evo) with a 540 treadwear rating. I was surprised that the car sticks consistently from a launch with 540s! I would never go any higher than a 300 rating on a performance car. The MYP is heavier and runs the 0-60 in the 3.5 range, so that could also be part of the equation for why this setup works. The MYP is also staggered from the factory. :)

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki