Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1166.jpeg

How integrated is it with Tesla? Or do you need to park, pull out your phone, navigate to an app, open the door, then drive in? I have MyQ and I'm not happy with their price after it used to be free. But the integration with Tesla seems really convenient.
GeoIP location. I pulled up close to my garage, it opens up automatically and runs the rest of my automations (alarm off, lights on, door unlock, etc).

Same thing for when I leave and no one is home or when the last person leaves the house.

I already had a compatible garage door opener at home. From there it was just downloading the app and setting it up. Very easy.

Ratgdo and call it a day. Setup was $35, flashed the homelink firmware and called it a day. I think he raised the prices now to $45.

Save yourself the time and money. It’s a simple three wires to plug into your garage door opener and a ladder. This gives you access to it on any iPhone in the house

Isn't there a monthly subscription fee that comes with it?

Congratulations! Sorry to hear about the steering wheel issues but glad it was taken care of immediately. As for the turn signal button feel, how is the haptic feedback quality? Does it offer a satisfying simulation of a "click" when you press on them? MKBHD complained that the buttons offered no feedback in his review which was odd. Almost everyone stated that the new signal buttons gave a clicking feedback sensation and sound when pressed.
The buttons feel fine to me. I do not have a problem using them as there are almost no roundabouts here (wheel is pretty much always centered when I need to signal a turn). I could see roundabout use very frustrating.

Reactions: dsc888
Wait, what am i missing? I have the MyQ app on my phone and when i go into the app i can open or close the garage door from wherever i am by hitting the button. The app was free to download and there are no subscription fees to allow me this control. It's free and works how i need it. I guess ignorance is bliss?

So white was originally prioritized everywhere except where I live? That doesn't even surprise me at all. LOL
I know, right? Seems like the first batch they did were white interiors, then after that, went to produce mostly black. Haha
Got assigned my VIN this morning. SG/ White int. Northern California.
Ordered a RWD on 2/10, changed it to performance on 4/30. EDD has been moved up 1 day at a time from May 10th-June 10th.
Woooo! White interior, let's goooo. Congratulations, @Lurkerrn604 !

Last edited:
Wait, what am i missing? I have the MyQ app on my phone and when i go into the app i can open or close the garage door from whatever i am by hitting the button. The app was free to download and there are no subscription fees to allow me this control. It's free and works how i need it. I guess ignorance is bliss?
Opening app and hitting button = free
Automatic opening = paid

Those are the two options with MyQ. I don’t like either so I went with a different route.

Reactions: jv92red
Just so I'm clear, how are you actually opening the door with Ratgdo? Do you have an app on your phone and need to pull it out every time to open the garage?

I believe @Jakub1 answered this just a bit upthread:

GeoIP location. I pulled up close to my garage, it opens up automatically and runs the rest of my automations (alarm off, lights on, door unlock, etc).

Same thing for when I leave and no one is home or when the last person leaves the house.

Let us know what they say!
Ok Chicagoland area, I got through first try at the Schaumburg location. Guy was very cool! Said he see’s my vehicle(UR/B) “in transit”, confirmed it was IN Illinois and said he sees an estimated delivery date of Tuesday 6/4. My app shows 6/1-6/10. I know the consensus is these guys don’t know much, if anything, but hard to imagine him just pulling that info out of thin air. They also have a Blue on white in the showroom with no actual customer vehicles having been delivered yet. 🤞🤞

Edit: Maybe I should’ve asked if I could’ve scheduled delivery..? *facepalm*