Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The real controversy for us in CA is: what will we do once we get the plates. Since CA vehicle code (5200 through 5206) states both front and rear are required, will people go without the front one cause they hate the look? After i got a fix it ticket for it, rather than switch to drilling into my bumper, there are other solutions that skirt around the law a bit. On my previous BMW's i had custom euro plates made with the correct license number, affixed using high strength 3M automotive double sided trim tape. The more narrow line euro plate looked better than the square one IMO. And it follows the letter of the law and i never did get pulled over with the euro plates on...View attachment 1053296

I went without front plates on all my BMWs over the years. I didnt have one on my Model 3P for the first 3 years I had it, but then decided that a front plate would break up the front look some. On the outgoing (since this you all are ordering is now the "current" one) model, the front of the car looks too much like the cars from the movie "CARS" to me.

I have the quick bandit one (for both my model 3 and Y).

Reactions: jv92red
The MP3 is mostly the same as last year with slight changes; more power, adaptive suspension, the new seats and wheels and tires are really the only differences. I'm not saying the M3P is a bad car or the Hyundai is better, but the fact is the 5 N is more track focused and has features to get you more driving engagement compared to the Model 3.
The 5 N has hardware and software that the M3P does not have. The. 5N has a dedicated launch mode, a more comprehensive drift mode, it has a simulated clutch kick to get the rear end out, a mechanical E-LSD, a system that calculates the battery's state of charge per lap on track, an endurance mode for track days and a sprint mode to give one fast lap. Like it or not the simulated gearshifts and fake engine sounds are there and provide some stimulation, many a jaded automotive journalists have said it actually does add to the experience of driving. There are buttons on the steering wheel to provide quick access to track modes and shift paddles, different gauge setups.
The low 220 mile range is proof that it is a more focused car. Yes it's more expensive but you get more for your money. Yes it's heavier but you get 641 horsepower which makes acceleration a wash between the two cars, and the Ioniq 5 N is actually considered an SUV with a hatch so more useable space.
None of this makes the M3P a bad car, I have a reservation for one. I think the small changes to the M3P make it a compelling proposition, especially for under $50k. I think it offers more value than the 5 N, also the range and the supposedly more comfortable ride makes the M3P a better commuter which matters to me.
View attachment 1053233
View attachment 1053236
Ohhhh a simulated clutch.

Oregon pick up. Not great pics, I’ll take good ones after tint next week. Feels a lot more solid and well made than my 2021 M3LR. Super fast obviously. Blinkers are taking some getting used to, I keep reaching for stalks. Delivered with a giant bird poop and dirty, but I was so excited I didn’t care. Weird that there’s carpet in the door cubbies. Saw same spec leaving when I pulled in, SA said they delivered a few today.
IMG_2051.jpeg
IMG_2054.jpeg
IMG_2053.jpeg