Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oregon pick up. Not great pics, I’ll take good ones after tint next week. Feels a lot more solid and well made than my 2021 M3LR. Super fast obviously. Blinkers are taking some getting used to, I keep reaching for stalks. Delivered with a giant bird poop and dirty, but I was so excited I didn’t care. Weird that there’s carpet in the door cubbies. Saw same spec leaving when I pulled in, SA said they delivered a few today.
View attachment 1053307View attachment 1053308View attachment 1053309
That was quick! Congrats 👏

-Danny

Reactions: jennieR
Also noticed that in the last 2 days, most, if not all of the VINs we got from the tracker were given in the morning. I haven't seen anyone say they got a VIN later in the day anymore. What do you all think? I'm thinking if this seems to be true, then I can just check in the mornings and if I still don't have a VIN, then I won't have to keep checking through out the day.

Also noticed that in the last 2 days, most, if not all of the VINs we got from the tracker were given in the morning. I haven't seen anyone say they got a VIN later in the day anymore. What do you all think? I'm thinking if this seems to be true, then I can just check in the mornings and if I still don't have a VIN, then I won't have to keep checking through out the day.
Mine came late at night

There's a $500 display tilt and swivel upgrade option but it only shows up if you purchase the FSD package with white interior.

You realize that probably 10-15% of the people in this thread are actually wondering if this is true, and contemplating buying FSD because of it... right? 🤣 🤣 🤣

(note to thread, this isnt true, put down the mouse....)

Lol.. I didnt catch all the way up to the end of the thread to see this was already said.

I don’t want the FSD but I do want the tilted screen. Did the Service Center Install?

I'm only joking. It's just lens perspective distortion. No such ergonomic option exists for us.

You can buy them on Aliexpress for $60 or a little over $100 on amazon. They've been around for 3-4 years now and they have updated Highland versions. Surprised neither of you knew they existed since it's a pretty common/cool upgrade.

It tilts 30* left/right and 15* up/down. It does drop the screen about an inch lower then OEM height,

Oregon pick up. Not great pics, I’ll take good ones after tint next week. Feels a lot more solid and well made than my 2021 M3LR. Super fast obviously. Blinkers are taking some getting used to, I keep reaching for stalks. Delivered with a giant bird poop and dirty, but I was so excited I didn’t care. Weird that there’s carpet in the door cubbies. Saw same spec leaving when I pulled in, SA said they delivered a few today.
View attachment 1053307View attachment 1053308View attachment 1053309
Wow, June 3, 2024, the last day for the Oregon $2500 rebate! Still waiting for a VIN (4/23 order). Buy a lottery ticket!!

Reactions: arkhos
The real controversy for us in CA is: what will we do once we get the plates. Since CA vehicle code (5200 through 5206) states both front and rear are required, will people go without the front one cause they hate the look? After i got a fix it ticket for it, rather than switch to drilling into my bumper, there are other solutions that skirt around the law a bit. On my previous BMW's i had custom euro plates made with the correct license number, affixed using high strength 3M automotive double sided trim tape. The more narrow line euro plate looked better than the square one IMO. And it follows the letter of the law and i never did get pulled over with the euro plates on...

Here in WA, front and rear are both required, as well. So when I got my 3 last summer, I bought one of those 'plate frames' that you clip into the lower 'grill' space. Once you have it set in place, you have a little key that you turn to lock it, then pull the key out. It looks decent and I can 'uninstall' the holder when I trade/sell the vehicle. Cost about $60 on Amazon. I know it's probably silly, but I just REALLY didn't want to drill into the front bumper.

Yeah, I am sure 'locked' or not if someone really, really wanted the plate they could break it off somehow - but then again that can be said for just about any plate: if a thief wants it bad enough, they'll get it.

Reactions: jv92red
I will run it on my 25 mile loop test in all 3 modes. Plus I can see in realtime what power it is pulling for each of the systems with the Teslogic device. That can show me instantly what the differences are.

View attachment 1053286
I still have a brand new Teslogic I bought for my 2022 M3P, but never installed. Will the Teslogics built for the later previous gen M3P work on the new 2024+ M3P?
Thanks!

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I don’t know for sure that it will work but I definitely will try it when I get mine.
1717473521437.png

Actually figured I'd go look on their site and it does state it works on the 21+ including Highland!

Here in WA, front and rear are both required, as well. So when I got my 3 last summer, I bought one of those 'plate frames' that you clip into the lower 'grill' space. Once you have it set in place, you have a little key that you turn to lock it, then pull the key out. It looks decent and I can 'uninstall' the holder when I trade/sell the vehicle. Cost about $60 on Amazon. I know it's probably silly, but I just REALLY didn't want to drill into the front bumper.

Yeah, I am sure 'locked' or not if someone really, really wanted the plate they could break it off somehow - but then again that can be said for just about any plate: if a thief wants it bad enough, they'll get it.

AFAIK, that is true but its also not a violation they can pull you over for. They can tag it on with another violation after they stop you though. I bought a BMW in Cali and drove it back to WA, it came with no front plate mount, never bothered to change that for the 3 years I had it.

Reactions: xianking and arkhos
Congrats to everyone receiving their vehicles lately! I wanted to pop in to urge everyone to do a strong checklist before driving off the lot. I’m sure most if not all will, but I’ve noticed a few issues with my vehicle that are a bit annoying considering it is new that I want others to avoid as best they can.

- Park assist is degraded warning almost every time parking
- Slight rattle on the driver’s side door appeared and disappeared a couple times
- There is a bit of a creaking noise when turning the wheels while stationary at times

Of course I still love my vehicle and am over the moon to be driving it around, but I wish I could have noticed these before I accepted delivery. Service appointment is next week so I’m hoping they address these at no cost.

Has anyone else had experienced any issues after pickup?

Congrats to everyone receiving their vehicles lately! I wanted to pop in to urge everyone to do a strong checklist before driving off the lot. I’m sure most if not all will, but I’ve noticed a few issues with my vehicle that are a bit annoying considering it is new that I want others to avoid as best they can.

- Park assist is degraded warning almost every time parking
- Slight rattle on the driver’s side door appeared and disappeared a couple times
- There is a bit of a creaking noise when turning the wheels while stationary at times

Of course I still love my vehicle and am over the moon to be driving it around, but I wish I could have noticed these before I accepted delivery. Service appointment is next week so I’m hoping they address these at no cost.

Has anyone else had experienced any issues after pickup?
I’ll let you know in 12 hours 😎