Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, any indication if Schaumburg got the truck in? Today was the day, no? I try to let this happen as it happens, but I hate to admit I've been checking more today haha
I'm curious about this, too. Yesterday, my EDD was pushed back a couple days AND my delivery location was changed back from South Loop to TBD. I'm in Riverside and hoping for another home delivery from Westmont (lease swap). But this makes me think a train was late or they're trying to figure out logistics in Chicago.

just came back from my local service center. and got an up close look at a black/black M3P. Let me say this, the car absolutely POPS in black. Does anyone know if I’d be penalized for swapping my order from SG to black?

New to the Tesla world so my apologies in advance.

Reactions: bdudney665
I will be picking mine up from the same location as you. I used to work at a dealership and there is no way we would deliver a brand new car(no matter the cost) super dirty. If i get there and its super dirty I will be asking for a fresh wash at the very least. There is simply no reason a brand new car should be delivered super dirty.
Sure there's a reason. Some people ask for it not to be washed so they can hand it off to their ppf /ceramic coat shop:

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
wanted to give an update for my situation. Ordered 4/24 in the afternoon. Many different EDD changes. Vin assigned a couple days ago. Scheduled a performance test drive for thursday at my local SC. On the phone with them today they lookmed up my order and stated car left factory may 30th and has a delivery date to SC of 6/11! My EDD Is 6/13-6/20. Excited to say the least!!!

just came back from my local service center. and got an up close look at a black/black M3P. Let me say this, the car absolutely POPS in black. Does anyone know if I’d be penalized for swapping my order from SG to black?

New to the Tesla world so my apologies in advance.
Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 7.55.11 PM.png

Take it with a grain of salt. Some people have had decent luck changing their colors.

I'm curious about this, too. Yesterday, my EDD was pushed back a couple days AND my delivery location was changed back from South Loop to TBD. I'm in Riverside and hoping for another home delivery from Westmont (lease swap). But this makes me think a train was late or they're trying to figure out logistics in Chicago.
I have a rep in Cali who tried selling me on the LR end of Q1. I had called the Schaumburg location today with no answer and figured I’d try giving him a call. We talked at 4:30 cst and he told me that he also see’s my car was supposed to arrive today, but hadn’t yet. Confirming what a Schaumburg SA had said last week.

I specifically asked if I could just schedule delivery anyways and he said he could, BUT that it wouldn’t matter because they’d still need to inspect the car and something about the paperwork being more in depth for this model or since it’s a new release. So whatever day he scheduled would just keep getting pushed back if it wasn’t ready and all it would really do is ensure me a pickup time slot should it be busy for w.e reason. He seemed fairly confident in what he was telling me and told me that he would call me back tomorrow and if he didn’t to call him back and we’ll schedule delivery for peace of mind.

About an hour ago my EDD shifted again to 6/5-6/12 - it’s been shifting a day, every day since 6/1. Sorry for the wall of text lol

I was thinking hard about getting UR, but the reality is it makes you a cop magnet. I'm typically going 20+ over the limit on the highway, so I don't need a UR colored car to make it even more obvious. Plus, SG will easily blend in with traffic if you are pegged.
I remember watching a doc about the guy who broke the coast to coast driving record (did it in 24hrs!). It was really interesting to hear how much time and thought went into that project. One of the things I remember him saying was they intentionally chose a gray/silver car that looked like an Accord. At one point during the journey they heard a cop on the radio say he clocked a gray Mercedes doing 130+. They had no idea which car was his because they all look the same on the highway.
Anyway, that's just some of the BS I keep feeding myself to justify not changing my order to UR. It does look amazing... I just prefer to fly under the radar. ;)

Here's a link to the video if anyone's interested in watching it, definitely worth the 20 mins:
lol, as the days go by I like the color more and more, tints go on tomorrow so that will be fun

Reactions: cloud surfer
You know, now that you mention it I hardly hear anyone talking about the blue. Might be the least favored color. You'd have to have ordered before the price increase and got black interior if you wanted that and the credit, so that may play a factor.
I loved the UR but didn’t want to be too flashy. I’m surprised blue isn’t as popular, especially with the performance badge on the back being blue.

OD: 4/29
Blue/black
Bay Area

1st EDD: June
2nd EDD: July 6 -August 13
3rd EDD : May 21 - June 7
(Had EDD increase daily until May 26)
4th EDD : July 6 - August 10

Can’t wait. Checking app far too often, and I have a pile of accessories ready to go.

Happy to be in the 7% because there are way too many Model 3s in Portland and I don't like to pass myself on the road. (Blue/Black)
Fair enough.
And I also never realized how many people from Portland / PNW are in this thread. Where are ya'll hiding?
We should do a highland M3P meet up. Whenever ours decide to show up...

-Danny