Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i love how this thread is slooooowly going from EDD/VIN updates to photos of M3Ps... a few weeks (or months? 😅) from now there's gonna be so much eye candy here... 😊💭
It seemed like it only took about 2.9 seconds 😅

Next, it transitions into modifications.
While me and you still waiting for a VIN for our cars hahaha

I have a rep in Cali who tried selling me on the LR end of Q1. I had called the Schaumburg location today with no answer and figured I’d try giving him a call. We talked at 4:30 cst and he told me that he also see’s my car was supposed to arrive today, but hadn’t yet. Confirming what a Schaumburg SA had said last week.

I specifically asked if I could just schedule delivery anyways and he said he could, BUT that it wouldn’t matter because they’d still need to inspect the car and something about the paperwork being more in depth for this model or since it’s a new release. So whatever day he scheduled would just keep getting pushed back if it wasn’t ready and all it would really do is ensure me a pickup time slot should it be busy for w.e reason. He seemed fairly confident in what he was telling me and told me that he would call me back tomorrow and if he didn’t to call him back and we’ll schedule delivery for peace of mind.

About an hour ago my EDD shifted again to 6/5-6/12 - it’s been shifting a day, every day since 6/1. Sorry for the wall of text lol
Also want to confirm that my Black/black VIN was also supposed to arrive to south loop. Now shows TBD for location

However my original EDD was June 11-June 18, now got moved to June 5-June 14

Relatively low day 1 order number for Red/Black for the Raleigh NC location. My expected delivery date was 6/16 - 6/23 before. However, I went into the store today and the guy said the first shipment could be in the store as early as 6/11/24.

I was able to schedule my appointment for 6/19. He didn’t want to do anything any earlier until they knew the cars were closer to delivery. He said they will reschedule the delivery if it comes in sooner.
IMG_6278.jpeg

Last edited:
just came back from my local service center. and got an up close look at a black/black M3P. Let me say this, the car absolutely POPS in black. Does anyone know if I’d be penalized for swapping my order from SG to black?

New to the Tesla world so my apologies in advance.
My OG order was for SG/White Interior. Ordered May 1st. Estimated delivery that was last updated was june 23-30. I changed my order May 31st to the UR/White interior I got a vin on Monday June 2nd. Now colors will differ with delivery times. But in some ways it could speed the process. SG is so popular just because of that tax credit. Now considering it’s the only color that qualifies. So you just never know. I’d say get the color you want, if it takes longer fine. You are buying a $55k vehicle. You don’t want to be disappointed if it isn’t the color you wanted or the color you wish you would have gotten. YOLO

FB marketplace with sale via Keysavvy ($4k instant rebate).
BTW, do you know that you're one of very few people to avoid the $1000 NJ EV registration fee?
i think the increased NJ registration fee goes into effect in July. trying to sell mine for high 20's so Keysavvy not gonna work since the 4k rebate is for 25k used? gonna try Carvana, Carmax and cash for cars

EDD still stuck on 06/05 - 06/14

Sadly age has nothing to do with it anymore. I’m 34 with a spotless record and literally as soon as I moved to Denver my rate skyrocketed
we pay high rates for those who commit insurance fraud, bad drivers and driving with no insurance. period. if i am claim free for 5, 10, 15+ years my rate should be significantly lower than someone who had several claims over the same time period or less.

Just curious, does anyone not have a garage? If so, do you do anything to protect your paint from sun and weather conditions? Car port? Car Cover etc…? Or if anyone has some suggestions. I am gonna get the ceramic coating for the car for sure. I have decided on PPF yet though
I don’t garage my Tesla. I go through car washes regularly. I’ve had bird poop on for days. Never waxed or coated, and my paint (2018 White) looks the same as any other car close to 6 years old. It definitely has the typical spider web patterns in certain lighting, but nothing else.
I do take care of the care really well, just not finicky about the paint.
Also, all the concerns I’ve heard about bird poop, and I’ve never seen any lasting effects of that on this car, or my previous BMW that was 9 years old.

Just curious, does anyone not have a garage? If so, do you do anything to protect your paint from sun and weather conditions? Car port? Car Cover etc…? Or if anyone has some suggestions. I am gonna get the ceramic coating for the car for sure. I have decided on PPF yet though
No garage here and in an HOA community so can't just erect a car port. Here's what I'm doing to protect the car

1. Tint all around to protect the interior from degradation if/when sitting under the sun
2. Ceramic Coating, not only will it help me keep the car clean from bird *sugar*, leaves, rain spots etc. but it will provide UV protection too.
3. Car cover, I don't plan to be religious or paranoid about this but if I know I'm not going to use the car for the rest of the night, day, off to vacation etc. you better believe that car cover will be getting a lot of use.
4. I'm not doing PPF, personal decision.

Also, all the concerns I’ve heard about bird poop, and I’ve never seen any lasting effects of that on this car, or my previous BMW that was 9 years old.
That's cause they're Canadian birds, very friendly and eating the good stuff, unlike the garbage the U.S. birds eat here. Have you not seen how Americans look like? well guess what the birds eat the same crap and their poop can eat straight through titanium.

No garage here and in an HOA community so can't just erect a car port. Here's what I'm doing to protect the car

1. Tint all around to protect the interior from degradation if/when sitting under the sun
2. Ceramic Coating, not only will it help me keep the car clean from bird *sugar*, leaves, rain spots etc. but it will provide UV protection too.
3. Car cover, I don't plan to be religious or paranoid about this but if I know I'm not going to use the car for the rest of the night, day, off to vacation etc. you better believe that car cover will be getting a lot of use.
4. I'm not doing PPF, personal decision.
The problem with car covers is unless you're putting it on a clean car, as the wind blows it essentially “sand papers” the trapped dirt into your clear and causes micro abrasions but it’s “better” than what could potentially happen

The problem with car covers is unless you're putting it on a clean car, as the wind blows it essentially “sand papers” the trapped dirt into your clear and causes micro abrasions but it’s “better” than what could potentially happen
Exactly. Never cover a car outside no matter how soft they claim the inside to be.

In the honorable words of Grandmaster Flash. “Don’t do it!”

Exactly. Never cover a car outside no matter how soft they claim the inside to be.

In the honorable words of Grandmaster Flash. “Don’t do it!”

At the end of the day a covered car is going to stay a lot cleaner and a lot easier to restore micro abrasions then a car sitting under the sun all day, birds pooping, tree sap, wind knocking branches at it etc. classic case of lesser of two evils, hence car cover it is.