Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Orlando, FL, 04/23 order. Had my delivery scheduled for this Saturday, got a text this morning that said the delivery was delayed, no ETA. Also noticed just today that the delivery center is "Temporarily Closed" and the location is not appearing on Tesla's showrooms or demo drive locations anymore.

Not sure if it's just a coincidence or reason for concern. I just want my car, man lol.

About to sell my 2020 3 Performance tomorrow as I was expecting to have the car on Saturday. Guess I'll do with Uber for now.
I think we are on the same truck or something but my window is 6-15 and I’m in Boca. I called yesterday and the SA said that it arrived in Jacksonville on the 4th and it would take a couple of days to leave there. I figured that would put it on a truck today hopefully and take a day or two to get to us. More likely two for me. Assuming it arrives Saturday it would take another day or two for the service center to do what they need to do to accept and release the vehicle like detailing and such but probably won’t touch it if it got there later Saturday and won’t on Sunday so I’m speculating Monday it may get that attention and at earliest will be ready by Tuesday. Maybe Wednesday

Picked up at Mt Kisco today. 3 minor paint issues, of the scratches I've already polished out. Awesome to drive, nice step up from the 2023 M3P. I appreciate the slightly quicker steering rack on this new model. Just given it a proper clean, about to ceramic coat, but it's hot and humid making it not a fun job.

View attachment 1054184

I don't know what's sexier, your car or a baboons @$$ in heat. congrats!

• Funny
Reactions: scrapps
A heart warming story in one screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpeg
    IMG_0091.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 3

Full review.
So the first thing that lost me was the 19" front wheel blunder... BUT - I gave him a second shot. I couldn't take the talking in the car, so I fast forwarded to his "canyon driving" and after seeing him drive 30 MPH around all these turns going "OHHH YEAHHH THAT IS NICE!" I just knew he was not a legit reviewer. I'm sure some people enjoyed his review, but as a pretty intense car enthusiast, I couldn't take anything he was saying as a true "car review" but just an opinion of an average joe regarding a not-so-average-joe car.

mym3p.jpg

Well. She's home. Drove the 55 miles from St. Pete. I'll just reiterate what everyone else is saying about great ride, handling, and power. So rather than repeat that stuff, I'll share some unique tidbits or my take on a few existing ones...

• Drives straight, no pull, steering wheel is centered
  • It does have 2 pronounced rattles: will do some investigating later but sounds like area of steering wheel or top of dash
  • Hood gap is so close on the front passenger corner, it is almost rubbing: needs some adjusting
  • I HATE the flash drive location in the glovebox: so tight you can't get your hand in there!
  • My car came with firmware 2024.14.100.1: anyone else? Did they not install the EPA firmware or something?
  • Other than those few nits, it seems perfect.
  • Will post more later but I drove through and skipped lunch so ima boutta pass out: gotta eat

Not sure if anyone noticed but just checked teslas website. Now if you order sg/black or sg/white it says EDD is July-August 2024. I didn’t try all the color combos, but looks like it’s getting pushed out further.
Midwest orders are getting pushed back to July-August.

I called my locations SA as I had a question about trade in. He said my delivery wasn’t set there as they stopped doing deliveries, which is interesting because I asked Tesla to ship it there and they said they accepted deliveries at that location.

Instead they decided to ship it to Naperville Tesla in Illinois. My original location was libertyville, I asked them if switching will change my EDD. He looked up my order number and said it’s July - August on their end regardless.

Told them to switch it to libertyville as that’s where most of the OG 4/23 orders have been delivered and it’s known they take deliveries there. It also has the most volume of cars.

As long as I get the car in 2024 and ideally before the winter I’ll be happy.

random but RIP tesla not including a microfiber cloth for cleaning the screen any more, guess they couldn't handle that additional $2 dollars they spend lol, ****in tesla
Hah I just took my wife for a ride in the car earlier today and she needed to clean her glasses and I was like "oh check the glovebox there should be a microfiber cloth in there". That was slightly disappointing.

Picked up at Mt Kisco today. 3 minor paint issues, of the scratches I've already polished out. Awesome to drive, nice step up from the 2023 M3P. I appreciate the slightly quicker steering rack on this new model. Just given it a proper clean, about to ceramic coat, but it's hot and humid making it not a fun job.

View attachment 1054184
Nice. Your paint issues only scratches?

So the first thing that lost me was the 19" front wheel blunder... BUT - I gave him a second shot. I couldn't take the talking in the car, so I fast forwarded to his "canyon driving" and after seeing him drive 30 MPH around all these turns going "OHHH YEAHHH THAT IS NICE!" I just knew he was not a legit reviewer. I'm sure some people enjoyed his review, but as a pretty intense car enthusiast, I couldn't take anything he was saying as a true "car review" but just an opinion of an average joe regarding a not-so-average-joe car.
To add to this, I plan on taking mine on some Colorado mountain twisties (while blurring out the MPH) to see what this car can do. Hoping to post this in the next few weeks as my car is scheduled to get to the delivery location on the 12th.

Reactions: xianking
View attachment 1054189

Well. She's home. Drove the 55 miles from St. Pete. I'll just reiterate what everyone else is saying about great ride, handling, and power. So rather than repeat that stuff, I'll share some unique tidbits or my take on a few existing ones...

• Drives straight, no pull, steering wheel is centered
  • It does have 2 pronounced rattles: will do some investigating later but sounds like area of steering wheel or top of dash
  • Hood gap is so close on the front passenger corner, it is almost rubbing: needs some adjusting
  • I HATE the flash drive location in the glovebox: so tight you can't get your hand in there!
  • My car came with firmware 2024.14.100.1: anyone else? Did they not install the EPA firmware or something?
  • Other than those few nits, it seems perfect.
  • Will post more later but I drove through and skipped lunch so ima boutta pass out: gotta eat
Does Tesla take care of obvious rattles, if its caught within the first 100 miles?

Reactions: mpgxsvcd