Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i know 1 or 2 reputable ppf places up north that will do the front 1/4 for around 1,200 its a decent price but i'm not spending that. i'll DIY ppf the small areas where the mudflaps go. looking at my '20 M3P today, i only spotted less than 10 small paint chips and just covered it up with the paint repair kit. Tints with 3M/Suntek ceramic around in 600-800 range no windshield. i might consider the lower end brand called Global, around 350. There are a few places doing Groupons, but they have very few reviews.
Picked up the car today it’s amazing, I didn’t hear any rattles or and alignment seems fine only thing that seems amiss is the interior cross member against the glass roof moves somewhat and has some separation from the roof

This is the one they gave me with my order this last Thursday (at the Seattle Del. Loc.)

+ I’m digging the ventilated seats!
+ also my point of view | I’m beginning to already prefer no stalk and the usage of the blinkers vastly more so than traditional stalk
lol I feel like most people who are so critical of the lack of stalks have either never driven one or took a 15 min test drive

I had my windows tinted. The guy that did them asked what the symbol in the set was because the glass was different with this trim. I assured him that all 24s have the same glass. He then assured me he hadn't hand cut a window in 6 years. I then asked him if he was sure that he worked on a highland (pointed to headlights) and he was certain.

So, do we have different glass than the standard M3, or was he mistaken and not tinted a highland yet?

Here's my order info for the tracker:
- M3P - Ultra Red/Black
- Ordered - 4/24
- Order # - RN1215xxxxx
- East Coast (Northern VA)
- VIN - Yes, but don't recall the date it came in
- EDD - started as "May - June," changed several times, and was last at 6/12 - 6/19 before I got a scheduled delivery date (I called the SC/DC as an earlier poster had done and that seemed to help (sorry, I don't recall who had the tip, but thanks!).
- Delivery Date - scheduled for 6/15

Picked up the car today it’s amazing, I didn’t hear any rattles or and alignment seems fine only thing that seems amiss is the interior cross member against the glass roof moves somewhat and has some separation from the roof
congrats! i finally got a random text from Tesla today and was able to schedule delivery for 6/12. tinting it on 6/13. gonna skip ppf.

TV

If you look back at historical data the most popular Tesla color will usually be the free one offered at that time. It's not an indicator of what people might prefer if costs were equal. As with iPhones the "new" color will also drive demand. SG gets a boost from being both free and new simultaneously so the data is consistent with expected consumer behavior.

All that being said general surveys of all car colors across time show that greyscale car exteriors are the top choices as people are conservative when purchasing expensive durable goods. The "real" colors (ie red, racing green, yellow, blue, etc) usually make up a small percentage and we see this trend worldwide. You'll just have to get used to seeing boring cars colors which all look similar on your daily commute.

- SG/black M3P, black iPhone 15 Pro Max :)

I picked up my SG/Black M3P today at the Seattle delivery center! Completely smooth and quick process (10 - 15 minutes). Car is in great condition. A couple light, and I mean, LIGHT short, short scratches that I don't really care about. I would never notice unless I'm going over it with a fine toothed comb. The car is AWESOME. I haven't had a chance to test 0-60 yet, but man it hauls ass on at higher speeds. It's very, very easy to pass someone and then realize you're almost going 100 MPH. Holy cow. It takes corners like a champ. Can't wait to have more time with it. Worth the wait!

A couple of things. First, I feel like I'm already used to the blinker buttons. Doesn't bother me at all and usually, my thumb is already in that location, so it makes sense. Second, I like stealth gray way, way more than I thought I would. It's much darker than I expected and I'm really happy with it. Once I get the windows tinted, I think it's gonna look bomb.

Lastly, for people in the Seattle area, the guy at the Seattle delivery center told me that they just started delivering M3Ps yesterday. Not sure how true that is, because sometimes it seems like these people just say stuff to say stuff, but he seemed like a nice, informed guy, so I don't know. I told him about this thread and he said to tell people that they're doing their best. I did tell him about how I didn't have a VIN and when I switched to black interior, I received a VIN that day. He said, "Yeah, the white interiors are harder to produce and we don't have as many of them. People with black interiors up here will get theirs faster." Again, not sure how much that is just BS, but that was my experience. As an aside, I'm coming from white interior, but I really like the black. I like everything about the car at this point. I'm looking forward to driving it a bunch and then driving my 2018 Model 3 Dual Motor to feel the difference.
One weird thing I noticed is that the recommended PSI for the tires is 42, but all of mine were at 48 PSI.

I notice the M3Ps have “orange peel” paint on the trunk by the badge and license plate. Happens on all colors.

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpeg
    IMG_0702.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0720.jpeg
    IMG_0720.jpeg
    479.9 KB · Views: 3
One weird thing I noticed is that the recommended PSI for the tires is 42, but all of mine were at 48 PSI.
Just adjusted my tire pressure minutes ago. They were all a little high.
I notice the M3Ps have “orange peel” paint on the trunk by the badge and license plate. Happens on all colors.
Just about every vehicle that you look at that hasn't been through rigorous paint correction is going have paint imperfections. The Tesla YouTube bros have made people think this is a "Tesla" problem.

Was in the area of one of my local showrooms (Rocklin, CA) today and they had UR/white on display. Added this to the tracker as well for showrooms that have M3P.

Sat inside and was amazed by how comfortable the seats were. Ultra Red is such a nice color in person too.

I saw a few M3P out front as well. At least 3 if I remember correctly. 2 SG and 1 black.
IMG_4408.jpeg

Here's my order info for the tracker:
- M3P - Ultra Red/Black
- Ordered - 4/24
- Order # - RN1215xxxxx
- East Coast (Northern VA)
- VIN - Yes, but don't recall the date it came in
- EDD - started as "May - June," changed several times, and was last at 6/12 - 6/19 before I got a scheduled delivery date (I called the SC/DC as an earlier poster had done and that seemed to help (sorry, I don't recall who had the tip, but thanks!).
- Delivery Date - scheduled for 6/15
You can update it, it's open to the public. Which is crazy, but it seems to work.

A true capacitive button requires no physical force to operate it. You simply touch it. From what i gather these buttons actually get pushed, people even say that they are getting stuck on occasion. You would not have this with a capacitive button. A capacitive button that gives feedback that it has been activated is referred to as having haptic feedback. Usually not related to a button that required physical movement to activate.
"The entire turn signal section physically depresses like a button. Capacitive sensing on each arrow determines direction."

Ugh now I am having second guesses on the color. Currently SG/black, but now am wondering if I should switch to white/black. Ordered 4/23 so should be able to swap and still qualify for tax credit, right? What do I do ugh lol

Also, does swapping to white/black make it more likely to get car sooner since there is FAR less of those than SG/black? Or could it actually do the opposite? Prob no way to tell lol.
Yes you can still change color if you ordered 4/23

I had my windows tinted. The guy that did them asked what the symbol in the set was because the glass was different with this trim. I assured him that all 24s have the same glass. He then assured me he hadn't hand cut a window in 6 years. I then asked him if he was sure that he worked on a highland (pointed to headlights) and he was certain.

So, do we have different glass than the standard M3, or was he mistaken and not tinted a highland yet?
He's wrong. The glass is the same. I just had all glass done a few days ago

Ugh now I am having second guesses on the color. Currently SG/black, but now am wondering if I should switch to white/black. Ordered 4/23 so should be able to swap and still qualify for tax credit, right? What do I do ugh lol

Also, does swapping to white/black make it more likely to get car sooner since there is FAR less of those than SG/black? Or could it actually do the opposite? Prob no way to tell lol.
I ordered SG/Black on 5/1 and last week I switched my order to W/Black.

Not sure if you have seen this BUT White looks really good.

I ordered SG/Black on 5/1 and last week I switched my order to W/Black.

Not sure if you have seen this BUT White looks really good.

Ugh yeah that looks so sharp =/

My previous cars were white. White looks nice even when not freshly cleaned which is nice, but the fallout/brake dust (i.e. orange spots) drive me CRAZY on white cars and is such a pain to get off (clay bar). Bugs also seem to be noticeable on white. Not sure how grey compares to white? Never had a grey car.

The other big thing holding me back is whether it will delay my VIN. I ordered Sg/Black 4/23 @ 930PM EST in Midwest state. Still no VIN. Any thoughts on whether switching to white would likely speed up VIN or slow it down? Thanks.

I can’t find anything to suggest the 24 glass is different on the performance.

That being said, how did it come out? What did you do with? How was the price?