Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The base price from 4/23 to about 4/26 or so was 52,900.
At that time, white interior was 1,500.
You could choose any color with black interior and be under 55k for the Fed Tax Credit; or you could get Stealth Grey/White and also be under 55k.

The base price was then increased to 53,900.
White interior changed to 1,000.
This ruled out Ultra Red. It still included Stealth Grey/White, or Grey, Black, White, Blue with black interior.

A day or two later, Tesla raised the base price to 54,900.
White interior changed to 0.
This left Grey/Black as the only Fed Tax Credit combo.

I scheduled delivery yesterday for 6/13/24. In the app it had said that date but now says "complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery". However there is nothing to complete right now. The lease info is not accurate as includes the gross trade in amount but isn't currently factoring in the remaining loan amount. Not sure if they are working on the buyout on their end and that's why it changed but not sure what if anything I'm supposed to do.

Reactions: jose3030
You could choose any color with black interior and be under 55k for the Fed Tax Credit; or you could get Stealth Grey/White and also be under 55k.

This ruled out Ultra Red. It still included Stealth Grey/White, or Grey, Black, White, Blue with black interior.

And Grey/White

Reactions: normcaldwell
After the first wash and wax...
{Q}front.jpg

{Q}back.jpg

I dont think people really lnow what capacitive buttons are.
Please explain for those uneducated between the differences then. A tactile sensation upon press with no physical movement of the "button" caused by a slight vibration? different than the door open button?

Felt like actually depressed so it's pretty damn good capacitivity. capacitive or whatever, feels better than the Model S wheel buttons.

Last edited:

Interesting, the window was so short for anyone to get any color but stealth gray and still qualify for the tax credit.

The vast majority of Model 3 highlands that I see on the road are SG. Probably the same will be true of the M3P.

Ugh now I am having second guesses on the color. Currently SG/black, but now am wondering if I should switch to white/black. Ordered 4/23 so should be able to swap and still qualify for tax credit, right? What do I do ugh lol

Also, does swapping to white/black make it more likely to get car sooner since there is FAR less of those than SG/black? Or could it actually do the opposite? Prob no way to tell lol.

ok i ordered day 1 within a couple of hours of the announcement. austin, stealth gray/black. initial edd of like may 26 - jun 30. got vin may 23. edd updated to june 6 - 12, then june 3 - 10. june 4 got a request to schedule delivery. first available date was june 8 at pond springs. just picked it up a couple of hours ago! never really heard from a sales advisor the entire time. i'm pretty sure i am one of the first in austin for m3p, all other deliveries taking place at the time were model ys (we all know why).

I picked up my SG/Black M3P today at the Seattle delivery center! Completely smooth and quick process (10 - 15 minutes). Car is in great condition. A couple light, and I mean, LIGHT short, short scratches that I don't really care about. I would never notice unless I'm going over it with a fine toothed comb. The car is AWESOME. I haven't had a chance to test 0-60 yet, but man it hauls ass on at higher speeds. It's very, very easy to pass someone and then realize you're almost going 100 MPH. Holy cow. It takes corners like a champ. Can't wait to have more time with it. Worth the wait!

A couple of things. First, I feel like I'm already used to the blinker buttons. Doesn't bother me at all and usually, my thumb is already in that location, so it makes sense. Second, I like stealth gray way, way more than I thought I would. It's much darker than I expected and I'm really happy with it. Once I get the windows tinted, I think it's gonna look bomb.

Lastly, for people in the Seattle area, the guy at the Seattle delivery center told me that they just started delivering M3Ps yesterday. Not sure how true that is, because sometimes it seems like these people just say stuff to say stuff, but he seemed like a nice, informed guy, so I don't know. I told him about this thread and he said to tell people that they're doing their best. I did tell him about how I didn't have a VIN and when I switched to black interior, I received a VIN that day. He said, "Yeah, the white interiors are harder to produce and we don't have as many of them. People with black interiors up here will get theirs faster." Again, not sure how much that is just BS, but that was my experience. As an aside, I'm coming from white interior, but I really like the black. I like everything about the car at this point. I'm looking forward to driving it a bunch and then driving my 2018 Model 3 Dual Motor to feel the difference.

Please explain for those uneducated between the differences then. A tactile sensation upon press with no physical movement of the "button" caused by a slight vibration? different than the door open button?

Felt like actually depressed so it's pretty damn good capacitivity. capacitive or whatever, feels better than the Model S wheel buttons.
A true capacitive button requires no physical force to operate it. You simply touch it. From what i gather these buttons actually get pushed, people even say that they are getting stuck on occasion. You would not have this with a capacitive button. A capacitive button that gives feedback that it has been activated is referred to as having haptic feedback. Usually not related to a button that required physical movement to activate.

I picked up my SG/Black M3P today at the Seattle delivery center! Completely smooth and quick process (10 - 15 minutes). Car is in great condition. A couple light, and I mean, LIGHT short, short scratches that I don't really care about. I would never notice unless I'm going over it with a fine toothed comb. The car is AWESOME. I haven't had a chance to test 0-60 yet, but man it hauls ass on at higher speeds. It's very, very easy to pass someone and then realize you're almost going 100 MPH. Holy cow. It takes corners like a champ. Can't wait to have more time with it. Worth the wait!

A couple of things. First, I feel like I'm already used to the blinker buttons. Doesn't bother me at all and usually, my thumb is already in that location, so it makes sense. Second, I like stealth gray way, way more than I thought I would. It's much darker than I expected and I'm really happy with it. Once I get the windows tinted, I think it's gonna look bomb.

Lastly, for people in the Seattle area, the guy at the Seattle delivery center told me that they just started delivering M3Ps yesterday. Not sure how true that is, because sometimes it seems like these people just say stuff to say stuff, but he seemed like a nice, informed guy, so I don't know. I told him about this thread and he said to tell people that they're doing their best. I did tell him about how I didn't have a VIN and when I switched to black interior, I received a VIN that day. He said, "Yeah, the white interiors are harder to produce and we don't have as many of them. People with black interiors up here will get theirs faster." Again, not sure how much that is just BS, but that was my experience. As an aside, I'm coming from white interior, but I really like the black. I like everything about the car at this point. I'm looking forward to driving it a bunch and then driving my 2018 Model 3 Dual Motor to feel the difference.
This is the one they gave me with my order this last Thursday (at the Seattle Del. Loc.)

+ I’m digging the ventilated seats!
+ also my point of view | I’m beginning to already prefer no stalk and the usage of the blinkers vastly more so than traditional stalk

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpeg
    IMG_0578.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 4