Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking part in a waiting room thread can be both exciting, and exhausting. One can only hold the anticipation so long before getting stressed out, especially with the fake EDD movements and lack of any sort of identifiable "line" / "its my turn now" mechanic.

The site owners probably wont like me saying this, but I would suggest that anyone who is getting frustrated / feeling the need to post about "why i cant haz vin" on a daily basis take a break from tesla stuff online all together (not just this thread, but take a 2 week break from all tesla related online stuff, here, facebook, stop looking at tesla youtube videos, etc etc etc).

After a few days of what is likely to feel like withdrawal symptoms, you will probably relax, then just be happy when your vin comes / not be as impacted about changing edd dates (because you wont be in the hype train of other people getting their cars, looking longingly at youtube videos etc).

Of course, thats just a suggestion, and I am not making it as a moderator.

I agree

After 8 EDD changes, I'm starting to think: What the heck am I doing this for. I'm 82 years old and do not need this stress. I have a beautiful 2022M3P, all windows tinted, full PPF on front of car, 100% ceramic coated, fully paid for, 25,000 miles, FSD, not a dent or rock chip. It is actually better than new

I've got to stop looking at the app every 1/2 hour and this thread every 10 minutes before I cancel the order and go take a nap.

Taking part in a waiting room thread can be both exciting, and exhausting. One can only hold the anticipation so long before getting stressed out, especially with the fake EDD movements and lack of any sort of identifiable "line" / "its my turn now" mechanic.

The site owners probably wont like me saying this, but I would suggest that anyone who is getting frustrated / feeling the need to post about "why i cant haz vin" on a daily basis take a break from tesla stuff online all together (not just this thread, but take a 2 week break from all tesla related online stuff, here, facebook, stop looking at tesla youtube videos, etc etc etc).

After a few days of what is likely to feel like withdrawal symptoms, you will probably relax, then just be happy when your vin comes / not be as impacted about changing edd dates (because you wont be in the hype train of other people getting their cars, looking longingly at youtube videos etc).

Meh

I've reached this point, esp since I know I won't get mine until July at the earliest because I officially had to place a hold due to my upcoming trip. I no longer read every single post, and really only skim this thread for photos now of people taking delivery because i'm genuinely glad that more and more ppl are getting their cars.

THIS. I definitely am aligned with your statement, I’ve become much more at peace since not checking for updates and videos. Popping in every so often, as it’s nice to see others take delivery of their beauties :)

As someone that previously vowed never to buy a black car again, is it just me or is the highland M3P unreasonably good looking in black?

I actually think it somehow accentuates the performance trim/bits rather than hide them (which is a popular trope here). Subjective of course, but in my eyes, black and red are head and shoulders above the rest.

At this point I’m actually kind of happy my EDD is being pushed out for me; that way it won’t interfere with my vacation and their 2 week hold policy. But at the same time, knowing Tesla, they will change the EDD last minute and say my delivery needs to be scheduled while I’m away 🤪

Reactions: hkarthik
Shocked at the sheer amount of Red and Grays out there. Did anyone order Black blue or white? lol
1717873432211.png

Conversely, I find that being able to talk with other parts of the North East crowd to be very soothing. Sure, it sucks what's happening right now with the lack of deliveries and vins in the NE, but knowing we aren't alone is incredibly helpful. That said, I absolutely agree it could go either way.