Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RS5 is one thing but this man's wife should absolutely not force him into an A5. no no no.
I was about a week away from ordering Audi RS5 when the m3p first got mentioned back in 2016-17. RS5 vs m3p... Not bad. A5 vs m3p (esp the new one): I feel your pain.
I'm driving my daughter's Audi S4 (tuned), since I sold the '18 m3p. I certainly hope the '24 m3p comes in early July after my vacation or my daughter might kill me in my sleep 🥴

Haha location?
<----Iowa.
4/23 Midwest order for SG/black. EDD was June 20th - June 30th.

New EDD like everyone else is July 30 - August 25th.

I suspected this to happen and anticipate to pick up the car around August. Looks like some are getting October EDDs.
1718131160011.png

Edit: No change for me, yet...

What is the typical distance between EDD updates for people? My second one was 8 days after the first, and the third one was 12 days after that.

There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason, but mine was June, July, then May 22-June 8 (15 days), then July 12-August 8th (4 weeks), now it's 6/26-6/30 (4 days). No VIN for me, so I'm fully expecting to be pushed out again, as many others seem to be.

Same here, I submitted my trade-in, took all the pictures it asked int he app, on Monday the 3rd, and still nada.
I submitted mine a month ago and have not gotten any quote yet. In all fairness i am happy that havent yet because the quote expires after a month and you have to resubmit. Since there is no signs of any vin yet in the horizon this works for me. I am sure they will send me a quote once I get a vin.

We went down to 1 car as a family 6 weeks ago, and it's been fine overall, but annoying at times with schedules and kids, etc. I am still showing late June EDD, and figured when I ordered (5/2) late June would be around when I got it, but if it slips again into July/August as many have, I might have to look at the long range. They're readily available in my area in my configuration (SG/Blk), and I'm leasing, so it's $200 a month less and would be less to insure. I really want the performance and want to hold out, but the thought of another 6 weeks with one car is a bummer. Trying to stay strong lol.

I submitted mine a month ago and have not gotten any quote yet. In all fairness i am happy that havent yet because the quote expires after a month and you have to resubmit. Since there is no signs of any vin yet in the horizon this works for me. I am sure they will send me a quote once I get a vin.
I have a VIN, and by the time they give me a quote I'll probably have to resubmit it because of miles, i have to keep driving the car lol.