Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Efficiency is atrocious for the new. Just look at the differences here. I am doing efficiency testing tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get the new one close to what my 2022 Model 3 Performance is doing right now.

Just look at the difference here. Guess which one is which.

View attachment 1056365View attachment 1056366
Still better than my wife's 23myp.

• Funny
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Lease was an easy choice with how badly electric cars depreciate... I personally don't like keeping cars more than 4-5 years, at that point the M3P might be worth what, like 20k worst case. thats a 40k cost over 4 years. A lease is about 10k a year, so yeah, leasing is not a bad decision at all, more importantly, that 50k I would have paid for the car would be doing nothing for me, now Im playing with it in the market and already have made up the cost difference of buying over leasing with just a few trades in under a month, let alone 5 years of trading lol. So yeah hold your cash and make it work for you, dont put it in a car lol
Everyone that bought a car at the peak of COVID lost money. Not isolated to electric cars. Tesla was amplified by 1: The press and 2: They dropped prices to reflect lower manufacturing costs post COVID. That in turn made buying new more attractive. 3: Government incentives. Why buy used when you get 12K off of a new car (Colorado & Federal). 4: The economy isn't great, so people are selling their cars and increasing supply. Too much supply, gotta drop the price.

So, it's not depreciation of electric cars. It's a variety of factors that make it appear to be an "electric car" thing.

Everyone that bought a car at the peak of COVID lost money. Not isolated to electric cars. Tesla was amplified by 1: The press and 2: They dropped prices to reflect lower manufacturing costs post COVID. That in turn made buying new more attractive. 3: Government incentives. Why buy used when you get 12K off of a new car (Colorado & Federal). 4: The economy isn't great, so people are selling their cars and increasing supply. Too much supply, gotta drop the price.

So, it's not depreciation of electric cars. It's a variety of factors that make it appear to be an "electric car" thing.
The Hertz fire sale certainly isn't helping.

Order date: 4/23
Vin Assigned: 6/13
EDD: 6.16-6/23

Proof of insurance has been ulploaded. Question, when do I need to make the final payment? Can I make it once I see the car or does it need to be made prior?
Nice, seeing a couple Phoenix VIN's today. Here's hoping mine is next. I'm still showing 4/22-4/30. Saw a "Tesla Delivery" notification a few ago that momentarily got me excited until I realized it was just the usual trying to get me to take an LR or RWD from inventory.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and arkhos
There's like a 5k loss looking at 21 M3Ps with 30k miles vs current cost unless you expect the price to keep dropping and the cost of the remaining two years from 3 to 5 years is about another 10-12k savings. You're paying a premium of about 15 to 17k to lease vs buy. You'd need to make a pretty crazy return to cover that and if your return is that high, you could just finance the whole thing and keep your cash invested and still be better off.

The only way it continues to work in your favor leasing is if the base model 3 price continues to drop and I'm pretty sure we're close to as low as it can go on price now.
owned my 2020 M3P for 3yrs & 9 months, 37k miles, sold to a dealer for 25,250 2 days ago. most dealers, Carmax and Carvana offers were 23k, Tesla went from 25k to 20k in a matter of days. bought it for 50k and change in 2020.

I got “Scarlet” today in Raleigh NC. They said it was the first one delivered besides the Black one that an employee got yesterday.

The Hype is real for this car. Absolutely, absolutely real. Literally everything is better but the stupid buttons instead of the stalks. I will literally never get accustomed to the buttons. NEVER! ....

So much more to come. I am busy adding all of my 3rd party equipment tonight so I probably can’t respond till later.

Oh - you -will- get used to them in time... you just won't -like- it. :p

But seriously - congrats!! Definitely a real beautiful red, and great pics!

Looking forward to reading your future results and findings! :)

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
last month, my 2020 M3P (no fsd) 37k miles initially got 25k from Tesla, after a few exterior pics a day later they offered 20k. what a joke. i sold it to a dealer 2 days ago for 25,250
Tesla offering me $1,500 for my BMW. Driveway.com $5750 .

Cmon shes worth more than $1,500....

Attachments

• 1718323117681.png
    1718323117681.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 1718323150372.png
    1718323150372.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 2

That doesn't explain all of it. Some is uncertainty around battery longevity and the fact that Tesla especially is a "tech car" so the difference between an old one and a new one is more pronounced. Most of it is the factors you said but I strongly suspect that Tesla will continue to have slightly faster depreciation than most cars.