Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This, I'm probably in the minority here but I don't want to be the first to get the car at the beginning. In a new/refreshed model, I'd rather the other people be the guinea pigs because rarely do new models not have issues early on. Yall work out the kinks and provide best practices before I step foot in mine so I'm not running into the issues myself
You should have bought one of the out going M3P then when they were discounted…heck of a deal!

I wasnt going to reply to this, but... 6 hours, and its 1pm in the location we both are so you are counting time before 8am. Perhaps they have something else to do in addition to answering text messages?

I get the excitement but some patience is probably needed, vs "they wont respond now" when "now" has been a few hours.
I'm glad you said it... 6 hours seriously? hahahaha

On a more positive note:

Congratulations to all of you who are now getting vin numbers and hopefully soon taking delivery. Looking forward to lots of excited pickup pictures, and "my friend took my car to mexico and did this run" testing from people who hung out together getting waiting for their car.

Congrats again everyone.

A bit of info.. I was right by my Tesla showroom/delivery center around lunch so I stopped in to talk to the guy. He looked up my RN and said they have an Estimated Completion date for the Firmware issue of today (05/23) at 7pm. He added it's not a guarantee, but it's better than having the field blank. So fingers crossed they're gonna get that firmware sorted for us today!
While there, I asked if my car was on the lot (it was!) and I got to see it and check it out.. Has not been PDI'ed or Detailed yet (protective plastic throughout the car inside and out), and it's pretty dirty. The guy told me that often when there's a known hold, they won't do PDI/Detail until after that's resolved, otherwise they end-up detailing a car twice if it gets dirty again while waiting.

Also, inside the car, it had three active alerts for "Firmware Mismatch" issues, and currently installed on it is 2024.8.200, which is a non-standard branch. The errors were:
TCU (Telematics Control Unit) firmware mismatch
GTW (Vehicle Gateway), 2 similar here.

Has this happened to anyone else? I ordered my M3P on 4/23 but when I go to the app and click vehicle detailed in the top left it has the order date listed as “April 24 2024”.

Not sure if this matters? I just am not sure why it says the 24th when I clearly ordered it on the 23rd.
I just realized the same thing happened to me after checking my app. I ordered my M3P on 04/24/24, which I confirmed by looking at my emails from Tesla, but my app is showing 04/25/24. Weird.

Can't help but wonder how much faster people would be getting their VINs if Tesla employees didn't have to answer a million questions about when people are going to get their cars.

I mean, thats part of their role at the sales centers, so thats just how things work (I dont work there or for tesla but I have either performed or managed people who perform customer service roles my entire career).

With that being said, I doubt vins would come any faster (since its likely done by a computer), but its entirely possible some follow up stuff (like scheduling people for deliveries) is handled by those same people.

I mean, thats part of their role at the sales centers, so thats just how things work (I dont work there or for tesla but I have either performed or managed people who perform customer service roles my entire career).

With that being said, I doubt vins would come any faster (since its likely done by a computer), but its entirely possible some follow up stuff (like scheduling people for deliveries) is handled by those same people.
I was mostly being sarcastic, but there are serious hours being used to respond to people's messages, visits, phone calls, etc. Some of them are necessary, but most are not. And the ones that aren't don't speed up the process. If anything, they slow it down.

Up to SEVEN black interior orders (in the U.S.) on the tracker now. 👀

EDIT: I want to rearrange the tracker to sort the black and white interior orders separately, but i don't know how. Anyone know? I forget who the original owner is.
You can use the filter view button towards the right of the bar to the right of the normal filter button to create a filter view for just yourself. Won't mess with anyone.

I was mostly being sarcastic, but there are serious hours being used to respond to people's messages, visits, phone calls, etc. Some of them are necessary, but most are not. And the ones that aren't don't speed up the process. If anything, they slow it down.
That would be if they actually answered lol. I asked one question about my delivery being rescheduled 3 times and no answer, just the automated message telling me to reschedule. It’s not like I sent 30 messages, just one and not even the decency to reply after I moved work and other things around 3 times to try and take delivery of this car

• Disagree
Reactions: xianking