Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's everyone do when they send their car to the detailer to get PPF/ceramic/tinting? Just renting a car for those days?
Not doing PPF. I had it before and I don’t feel that it’s worth it for a car in this price range.

The turnaround time for just ceramic + tint is only 24 hours, so I can manage without the car for that long. Dropping mine off on Monday morning and picking up the next day.

I've been getting about 260-280 Wh/mi at 70 MPH so conservatively 3.5 mi/kWh. I think usable battery capacity is probably around 75 kWh so I think you could make a 260 mile trip in one go, if you are willing to charge to 100% before you leave and if you want to get to your destination on "fumes" as they say.
We need some new terms "on fumes". how about he was rolling in "plating electrodes"
Crazy how I’m picking up mine today after waiting for 30 days. Some people can just grab one today. Sucks for those with day one orders still waiting.
Thanks for pointing out, again, hadn't realized. (......checks app again for vin.)
Just picked up a showroom model (SG/White) everything was FLAWLESS no scuffs, no paint issues, no gap issues or dirt inside the car. Still smells brand new only had 11 miles. Drives amazing even better than I expected coming from 2019 SR+. No rattles squeaks etc. Drove it straight to the tint shop where I’m waiting now. Don’t let the supposed “1000 of farts” non sense deter you from picking one up, at the end of the day if there were any issues Tesla would fix it.
Awsome, congratulations. Still holding out for the Blue Black here. With only 11 miles perfect. I can tell you the ones I have test drove you probably don't want. They were pretty hard miles. As for the the show room cars, I have never farted in one, not one. I mean who farts in show cars, that's just crazy talk.
I’m not one to gripe about panel gaps and those sorts of issues, as they don’t bother me. I only care about issues that will *later* become noticeable when I sell/trade-in (dents, paint damage, curb rash). This is what people tend to scrutinize. I won't be wrapping, PPF-ing, tinting, or anything. This car will stay bone stock with the clear windows and summer tires all year long. I'm getting too old to customize. I spent around 30 years customizing cars (full hydraulics, air suspension, coilovers, lowering springs, custom subframe welding, engine builds, exhaust, stereo, among other things). I ordered this car (as well as my 2023) because I think it's perfectly tuned and designed as-is. I know, I'm weird, right?
Commeon you know you wanna customize, Maby just a little bit.... Out of Spec Renew has some nice YT vids on some full customized M3's

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Dr.DMP3
Not doing PPF. I had it before and I don’t feel that it’s worth it for a car in this price range.

The turnaround time for just ceramic + tint is only 24 hours, so I can manage without the car for that long. Dropping mine off on Monday morning and picking up the next day.
agreed with ppf. i only did front bumper cause it was only 500 for Stek and same place had Llumar ceramic for a good price. 29hr turnover. first time ever leaving the a car for that long to get work done.

Did you use a checklist?
I didn’t, this is my 4th Tesla. I’ll inspect thoroughly later and open any issues on the App. It was a quick 5 min pick up and it was very hot. Taking it for tint tomorrow!
IMG_3524.jpeg

Package Secured 🔒

📍Tigard, OR - There were two other Ultra Reds for around the same pickup window today!

View attachment 1058344
View attachment 1058345View attachment 1058347View attachment 1058346

Weighing, measuring, testing, and changing things starting next week! Didn't get a chance to drive it too much today - mostly stuck in traffic. if you're curious about anything on the new car or the delivery experience, just reply and ask!

For any Portland locals who would like to come check out our new car at our meet this Sunday, feel free to contact me for more details. Especially, if you also took delivery of a Highland M3P, we would love to have you this weekend!

Danny - [email protected]
Looking forward to hearing your findings and seeing picks of all the fitments!

Reactions: MODEL+
After spending 150 miles in the car and getting a chance to really look, I have only found two issues, so far. One totally cosmetic, and one not a big deal as long as a seal is still being created correctly. I reported both as service issues, really hoping at least the door can be mobile service. With the service centers only open on weekdays, that makes it hard to find time and hope they don't need to keep the car when its so far from me.

Totally cosmetic but right in my face, An issue with the material under the LED strip where either it is pinched and exposing the material behind it, or it is missing a chunk of material:
1719028572487.png

1719028608988.png

1719028627636.png

Second is the driver side rear door, just doesn't seat flush, second image is the other side which looks fine:
1719028677869.png

1719028731025.png

Look like they’re very rush. Get VIN this
You can refuse it and then switch to an LR. I refused my M3P due to some build issues and was told the next refusal would result in losing my deposit and I would have to submit a new order.

I bet you would get a VIN in less than 48 hours when you order a LR
I think I will keep the performance then. Looks like they’re very rush. Get VIN in the morning and then ask me to pick up next day. If I don’t pick it up in the next two days, they gonna release the car and put me on hold. I didn’t have time to get any quote from insurance yet.

Taking delivery tomorrow!

Unfortunately from everything I've seen so far, it does appear that Tesla kept the same hub design for the new M3P 😢.

I will double confirm this once we have the car in-hand!

-Danny
Following-up on this with some not so great news:

The hubs indeed still have the stepped lip for 2024 Model 3 Performance.
IMG_8643 2.JPG

The back of the wheels have stepped cutout to accommodate for this, like on all previous Model 3/Y factory wheels.
IMG_8648.JPG

The good news is all the current wheel accessories, such as hub-rings and spacers for Gen.1 is fully-compatible with Gen.2 (Highland). H&R hub-centric spacers test fitted.
IMG_8649.JPG

While I had the wheels off, I decided to weigh them with tires and all.

2024 Model 3 Performance Front Wheel
20x9 +34 with 235/35/20 Pirelli P Zero Tires - 48.8lbs
Wheels only - 22.7lbs (according to Unplugged Performance)
IMG_8651.JPG

2024 Model 3 Performance Rear Wheel
20x10 +45 with 275/30/20 Pirelli P Zero Tires - 53.4lbs
Wheels only - 23.4lbs (according to Unplugged Performance)
IMG_8647.JPG

I also confirmed the rear wheels moved to the front will not clear the suspension arm. I'm ball parking around 17mm spacers for sufficient clearance for those wanting to source two OEM rear wheels to run 20x10 square setup.
IMG_8659.JPG

I also confirmed the mini wheel covers are a pain in the ass to take off! 😠 WHY TESLA?!
IMG_8675.JPG

Here's the test fit of 14/14mm H&R TRAK+ Spacers that we sell. Front is slightly too aggressive for my taste, but fine for some.
We also sell a "Moderate Flush" kit consisting of 5/14mm spacers, which I think will be more appropriate. These spacers are very straightforward to install.
IMG_8656.JPG

That's all for now. Will continue to test and note different things along the way. I will eventually get around to making a dedicated build thread for this car. For now feel free @ reply me if you are curious about anything else!

Thanks,
Danny - [email protected]

Last edited: