Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't help but wonder how much faster people would be getting their VINs if Tesla employees didn't have to answer a million questions about when people are going to get their cars.
Totally expect you're half joking, and I get the LOL out of it. Flip side: How much less questions would they have to answer if Tesla was communicating reasonable dates to people, and keeping us informed. Shark mentality, when people smell something wonky (i.e. "blood"), there's a feeding frenzy!

When I went into the local center, he was busy helping someone walk through the configurator on the website. Not even an old guy, someone who could likely just have done it for themselves. So yeah he seemed overworked and the center understaffed. Was as polite as I could and respectful of his time.

Reactions: G80Crusin_ and RBBJ
Yeah, I get it, but the thing is, there's only something "wonky" if you haven't been through this before. This is nothing compared to 2018 or even for the people that are still waiting for their non-P Model 3s. I do get that it's fun to obsess over it a bit, but some people are getting really upset and acting like something is wrong. Nothing's "wrong." This is how it always is for the launch of a new Tesla product at the beginning. It's even, dare I say it, part of the fun.

We're gonna get our cars, and we're gonna get them when we get them. I don't think we can do anything to move the needle. The tracking spreadsheet is awesome, and every once in a while a plausible theory pops up, but on the other end of things, people are losing it in this forum and in the FB one too. It kind of ruins the fun... except that when someone cancels their order because they're mad, at least it moves us all up a little bit in the queue. :)

Yeah, I get it, but the thing is, there's only something "wonky" if you haven't been through this before. This is nothing compared to 2018 or even for the people that are still waiting for their non-P Model 3s. I do get that it's fun to obsess over it a bit, but some people are getting really upset and acting like something is wrong. Nothing's "wrong." This is how it always is for the launch of a new Tesla product at the beginning. It's even, dare I say it, part of the fun.

We're gonna get our cars, and we're gonna get them when we get them. I don't think we can do anything to move the needle. The tracking spreadsheet is awesome, and every once in a while a plausible theory pops up, but on the other end of things, people are losing it in this forum and in the FB one too. It kind of ruins the fun... except that when someone cancels their order because they're mad, at least it moves us all up a little bit in the queue. :)
I remember I said this couple weeks ago, this thread is a social event, rant/have fun/ kill time ,😅😅😁😁😁

Not sure which way I'll be going with these wheels, Option A: take off the clipped on aeros and leave aeros that plug in the holes? (pic of front wheel below) Or option B: just take them all off and leave the holes exposed. (Pic of rear wheel below) For sure at least option A. Not sure about option B. Decisions. Decisions...
GOASuHaXoAEiveL.jpeg

GORD-FzXEAADuG-.jpeg

I'm one of the original 2018 people and yeah I agree with you. I think it's the swinging EDD's that are driving the bulk of people crazy! For those of us with imminent/pending deliveries that have been rescheduled (I'm in that camp too), lack of info there is frustrating too. At least with Cybertruck, it was pretty commonly known the issue was with the Accelerator Pedal and the fix was that Rivet. If they'd provide a bit more public info, I think that would help. And fixing the EDD monkey to avoid the crazy swings out and back, would definitely help calm people down! For me, the AWD delays for White Interior did me a favor (let the Performance get announced/released).

You're absolutely right in that there is nothing any of us can do to move the needle. Tesla's gonna do whatever they choose to do, without much regard for us mere mortals talking in forums. They might listen to major influencers, but not any of us in this forum. Having said that, you'd think they would learn from past mistakes and try to correct them. A bit more communication/transparency would go a long way for most of us. And that would free their resources up to do more meaningful/impactful work to move things forward.

Reactions: xianking
Not sure which way I'll be going with these wheels, Option A: take off the clipped on aeros and leave aeros that plug in the holes? (pic of front wheel below) Or option B: just take them all off and leave the holes exposed. (Pic of rear wheel below) For sure at least option A. Not sure about option B. Decisions. Decisions...
View attachment 1049917
View attachment 1049918
Definitely A . b make the brakes look too small, A looks clean and OEM.

View attachment 1049917
View attachment 1049918
I'm sure many aftermarket companies will make different style "plugs" for these holes, so until I see one that catches my eye, I'll be going with option A right outta the box.

View attachment 1049917
View attachment 1049918

I had not been paying much attention to discussion about the Aero wheels, since I thought the discussion was a mirror of all the other discussions on Aero wheels I have read over the years.

With these pictures though, its really clear why a lot of people are talking about either swapping them out, or someone selling plugs for the holes or something.

my vote is option A in your choices... option B looks pretty terrible to me (the pic with the holes exposed).

View attachment 1049917
View attachment 1049918
I’ve seen a possible 3rd option which is where the large aero inserts are removed and replaced with inserts that are the same as the small aero inserts that cover the holes. It basically makes it so that it’s an even “ring” around the edge of the rim. If I could buy those and put them on like the picture below, I’d probably do that. Why Tesla decided to have the ugly holes exposed without the small inserts is beyond me. It looks terrible.

Attachments

• IMG_3824.jpeg
    IMG_3824.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
Tesla is famous for not responding when they have nothing to say/update/answer. We are all so excited for this model and any new Tesla makes a normal person giddy, but I blame Amazon when they started 3 day delivery (same day now). Our culture has become instant gratification. Tesla has one of the best production and logistics system anywhere, let alone for cars. Just be patient like the old days waiting a month til Christmas to get an intellivision video game. It’s all happening as we sleep with visions of rocket thrusters in our head. Just imagine putting 200k down on a new roadster five years ago - as Pink Floyd screams - still waiting!

Anybody here know if any showroom in DFW area has M3P for showing/demo? Called around visited two but nobody knew anything..

Started to place an order on release day for a white/blk combo.. could kick myself in a** for not going thru with it. Would be my first tesla. Hopefully, the bring back white as maybe a no charge color or lower price by EOY. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Sandee3 and KGinCO
Anybody here know if any showroom in DFW area has M3P for showing/demo? Called around visited two but nobody knew anything..

Started to place an order on release day for a white/blk combo.. could kick myself in a** for not going thru with it. Would be my first tesla. Hopefully, the bring back white as maybe a no charge color or lower price by EOY. 🤦‍♂️
im sure by the end of the year there will be reductions and/or improvements so if you can wait, i would. i feel like right now is a bad time to order. Prices are at the highest and wait times will likely be at the highest.

Tesla is famous for not responding when they have nothing to say/update/answer. We are all so excited for this model and any new Tesla makes a normal person giddy, but I blame Amazon when they started 3 day delivery (same day now). Our culture has become instant gratification. Tesla has one of the best production and logistics system anywhere, let alone for cars. Just be patient like the old days waiting a month til Christmas to get an intellivision video game. It’s all happening as we sleep with visions of rocket thrusters in our head. Just imagine putting 200k down on a new roadster five years ago - as Pink Floyd screams - still waiting!
I have to ask - I'm a big Pink Floyd fan, but screaming "Still Waiting" from Floyd? I'm missing the reference. I suspect it's something from "Waiting for the Worms" from The Wall, but I'm missing the actual reference?

im sure by the end of the year there will be reductions and/or improvements so if you can wait, i would. i feel like right now is a bad time to order. Prices are at the highest and wait times will likely be at the highest.
Yeah, went and test drove a MYP and was impressed with Tesla in General. Company I work for is building a new facility with L2 chargers for team members to use for free.. so makes sense to buy one LOL

Historically, the lowest an M3P has been listed at is $52,990 (in the U.S.), and people can reference this chart to see which quarters or months prices tend to drop:

But, with Tesla, the only sure thing we can count is for incentives to be ramped up during end of quarter push. Anecdotally, I remember the best incentives have been in December.

Reactions: Sandee3 and sgtauto