Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve seen a possible 3rd option which is where the large aero inserts are removed and replaced with inserts that are the same as the small aero inserts that cover the holes. It basically makes it so that it’s an even “ring” around the edge of the rim. If I could buy those and put them on like the picture below, I’d probably do that. Why Tesla decided to have the ugly holes exposed without the small inserts is beyond me. It looks terrible.
Absolutely! I made this exact same point about a week ago. If they offer plastic pieces that run along the entire outer edge, like the 19-inch forged wheels on the non-U.S. version, then that would be ideal. As to why they manufactured the wheels with 10 holes exposed on the lip, I think it's poor planning and/or a rush to market. I suspect that at some point down the road (i.e., after the $7500 credit is gone and prices go up, which I think will eventually happen given demand), they'll create a better looking wheel that will be an option on the M3P.

Reactions: impatient_guy
Has anyone with deliveries weighed the wheels without tires? I’m really curious on the weight of the forged wheels.
I think we can assume they are lighter than the uberturbines, given that there is much less wheel material. I'm not too concerned either way. I'm the guy that carries a full size 5th uberturbine and tire mounted in my trunk for road trips. There's nothing worse than being stranded and having to be towed 200 miles at your own cost. The 5th wheel weighs 60-ish pounds total. I'll be keeping my 5th wheel and placing it in my 2024 M3P trunk. For those who complain that it's too much extra weight, here's my response: I weigh 145 pounds. With the 5th wheel, it's still less weight than my 210 pound friend driving the same car! LOL.

I think we can assume they are lighter than the uberturbines, given that there is much less wheel material. I'm not too concerned either way. I'm the guy that carries a full size 5th uberturbine and tire mounted in my trunk for road trips. There's nothing worse than being stranded and having to be towed 200 miles at your own cost. The 5th wheel weighs 60-ish pounds total. I'll be keeping my 5th wheel and placing it in my 2024 M3P trunk. For those who complain that it's too much extra weight, here's my response: I weigh 145 pounds. With the 5th wheel, it's still less weight than my 210 pound friend driving the same car! LOL.
But can you push the go pedal all the way to the floor?😂

Anybody here know if any showroom in DFW area has M3P for showing/demo? Called around visited two but nobody knew anything..

Started to place an order on release day for a white/blk combo.. could kick myself in a** for not going thru with it. Would be my first tesla. Hopefully, the bring back white as maybe a no charge color or lower price by EOY. 🤦‍♂️
There is a showroom model at Dallas NorthPark Mall. Saw it earlier this week…gray/white.

As a 260 pound person I approve this message... Upside, I can improve my 0-60 time by spending less money than I am now!!!

As a 260 pound person I approve this message... Upside, I can improve my 0-60 time by spending less money than I am now!!!
i hear this lol. ive been dieting for the last couple months so since the beginning of march ive lost almost 35 pounds so im down to 251 now. so hopefully by the end of the year my car will be even quicker with me in it lol

Anybody here know if any showroom in DFW area has M3P for showing/demo? Called around visited two but nobody knew anything..

Started to place an order on release day for a white/blk combo.. could kick myself in a** for not going thru with it. Would be my first tesla. Hopefully, the bring back white as maybe a no charge color or lower price by EOY. 🤦‍♂️
They have one at the store in Legacy West, Frisco/Plano. Grey w/ white interior. Got to sit in it yesterday, it’s pretty nice.

So according to the tracker, there have only been 2 of us that have gotten VIN's that did NOT order it on release day. One on 4/24 (the day after) and another on 4/30. It does seem there is a good bit of movement with order EDD, which can mean absolutely nothing. Can't wait to see more of us "late" folk get our VIN's!
I’ll settle for some of early people getting movement.

Reactions: Sandee3