Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could be, but it also could be a car that someone just canceled their order. If there was an orderly line where order date was the most important thing, like @M3P Highland is stating, the vin would just go to the next person in line. Its unlikely that someone who ordered May 23rd is "the next person in line" though.

I have seen exactly this play out dozens of times over various waiting room threads, which is why I said " there is no line". I am sure order date plays some role but I dont think it’s the most important thing, which is what people would assume when they place their order.
Idk why you keep tagging me but yes there’s a line but you don’t know since you don’t have an order remember

Post in thread 'Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room'
Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

"NerdBergRing 38m nürburgring
Damn, that side by side pic made me realize just how much cost reduction played a role in the new front bumper design
Original Model 3 had a bumper with ultrasonic sensors, fog lights, LEDs, cable harness, and amber reflectors
New Model 3 has no ultrasonic sensors, no fog lights, LEDs, cable harnesses, or amber reflectors (now integrated into headlights).
They really tried to sell this as a "slimmer look". Sure."

I am quoting here. From Reddit
But totally agree.
Part of the reason we get this kind of performance at this price I guess

Reactions: jose3030
Damn, that side by side pic made me realize just how much cost reduction played a role in the new front bumper design
Original Model 3 had a bumper with ultrasonic sensors, fog lights, LEDs, cable harness, and amber reflectors
New Model 3 has no ultrasonic sensors, no fog lights, LEDs, cable harnesses, or amber reflectors (now integrated into headlights).

But totally agree.
There's been much discussion about the lack of fog lights. Personally, I would rather have ultrasonic sensors over the fog lights. Plus, there are plenty of top performance trims from other manufacturers that don't have fog lights.

That said, it's hard to disagree that these were reduced to cut down on cost, all in an effort to increase the bottom line for the company and keep shareholders happy, while being able to give us insane value for a performance oriented sedan that other manufacturers can't at this price level.

This guy took delivery and removed the aero caps, looks nice

This guy took delivery and removed the aero caps, looks nice

I'm in a facebook group this person is in and they shared more photos and a couple videos showing how to take out the covers. It's much harder than previous aero covers on Tesla's wheels, and would actually require removing the wheel.

I'm in a facebook group this person is in and they shared more photos and a couple videos showing how to take out the covers. It's much harder than previous aero covers on Tesla's wheels, and would actually require removing the wheel.
Can you share the link to the videos or Facebook group? I'm up for the same task in a few weeks :)

*Update: Found some info on X:

Last edited:
Funny that you mentioned this. I was at local dealership and I tried to remove one and it was hard as hell. I stopped as the force required was well … insane. I did not want to be that customer that broke the blades on the display vehicle in the showroom.

Sad to say, my trade-in is rather terrible. I inquired sometime last year and was offered 4,800$, Not much I know but it's a 2014 Salvaged Nissan Altima. I am trading it in as I want something safer.

This trade-in, they're only offering 1800, will deny it for now. But any advice on selling rebuilt\salvaged cars? I might take it to car max after delivery or try Facebook market place. The car has 62k miles and drives like a dream otherwise. No drifting, new breaks, rotors, flushes the whole 9. It was considered totaled as the front right and the back got hit. Airbags deployed. It was fixed up and recertified.

Salvaged 2014 Altima...if anything they should charge you a disposal fee. 😄 I say just keep it or sell it yourself. And don't park near me.

pickup went extra smooth. i don’t think i’ll bore you all with photos as we have seen them. but man this thing is fun to drive. being my first ev/tesla im thrilled.

We have nothing better to do right now. Don't deprive us.

WTF? Is that healthy? How are you pulling this off, Ozempic? What kind of sorcery is this?
I run marathons. I qualified for and ran Boston last year which isn’t easy to do as a Clydesdale. Just ramping up the mileage slightly really affects my weight a lot.

You're running marathons to improve the 1/4 mile? Respect. Looking forward to the sub 11 second time. Might need to do a prune juice flush and replace the air in the tires with nitrogen. Clothing is unnecessary weight. Wax all hair as well. Might be helpful to pick up tap dancing to improve your right foot reflexes. And donate some blood right beforehand.

whatever.gif

My trade in offer expired today. Had to reapply and got an extra $300 for my car!!

EDD is May 30 - June 13. It looks like 3/5 launch day orders in Chicago got VINs, so mine should be soon.

Rest of the orders that weren’t launch day for Chicago are July - late August, which I hope isn’t the case for any of us.
4 out of 6. I got my VIN yesterday, day 0 UR/B Chicagoland! They're prob prepping our train car

But totally agree.
As an investor in Tesla, I applaud any attempt by the company to streamline processes and lower costs while increasing value for both shareholders and customers who use their products - as long as it does not come at the expense of safety or durability. So far it seems like they have achieved a good balance, however I may have some nits to pick on the interior. The removal of the stalks makes sense when you plan to go FSD, but I wonder if it's a bit premature. The FSD system needs to be smart enough to turn the signals on before you start your lane change. What?? Is Elon's gonna install neuralink in the cars and read our minds?

Salvaged 2014 Altima...if anything they should charge you a disposal fee. 😄 I say just keep it or sell it yourself. And don't park near me.

We have nothing better to do right now. Don't deprive us.

You're running marathons to improve the 1/4 mile? Respect. Looking forward to the sub 11 second time. Might need to do a prune juice flush and replace the air in the tires with nitrogen. Clothing is unnecessary weight. Wax all hair as well. Might be helpful to pick up tap dancing to improve your right foot reflexes. And donate some blood right beforehand.

whatever.gif
I often get in a few miles of running at the track while the car is charging. No pain no gain!😉🤣
IMG_6121.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: P-Lo801 and oreobbq