Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD did tighten up today from May 26 - June 9 to May 27 - June 5. Nice to see any movement at all, even if it means almost nothing. Wondering if others in the PNW had their EDDs tighten up today.
Mine went from 5/26-6/9 to 6/5-6/30. No VIN. SG/black Oregon order within minutes of release. I’m sure we’ll get them by the end of June with the end of quarter push. Gonna creep around the local Tesla holding lot later just to see probably nothing, but I’ll be next to it so why not?

new EDD changed from Jul 6 - Aug 10 to Jun 7 - Jun 21. 4/25 order, San Diego, White/Black, No VIN
1716827160484.png

I've had a VIN since 5/16 but my EDD seems to creep forward as the close end date passes. Was 5/25 - 6/3 and then once 5/26 hit, it was updated to 5/27 - 6/5.

So I'm just sitting here hoping that when 5/28 hits tomorrow, they don't just creep it again and at 10am eastern time I see it change to 5/29 - 6/7 (or worse). I'm having visions of my poor car just sitting in a 110F parking lot... hoping Florida thunderstorms don't hit it.

• Love
Reactions: Sandee3
Shout out to @M3PDenver for creating the tracking spreadsheet.

When I look at the pattern for VIN assignment; it looks as though the vast majority of the time, the original order date is a part of the picture.
I see almost all of the January through mid April original order dates with VINs.
The 4/23 original order date is starting to fill in with VINs.

I'm in the 4/25 group. Just got the EDD pushout to August. Hoping there will be a Colorado group of cars with the 4/23, 4/24, 4/25 type dates getting built in the next couple of weeks or so.
4/23 order in Arizona. No VIN :(

• Love
Reactions: Sandee3
I dont have any secondary accounts, thats not allowed here, and dont even understand the insinuation here.
Exactly like ever Tesla launch ever!! Lol. I went through this with the last Model 3 Performance iteration. Not getting wrapped around the axel this time. Sometimes I think Tesla tries to be to transparent in this process.

I am a bit confused, I placed an order on 5/23 for a SG with white interior fully expecting a July or August delivery. Well today I got messages from Tesla that my order changed which was for the Vision update. Once I accepted that change, I was given a VIN and selected a delivery date for Fremont on Wed 5/29. Are they giving me a car that someone ahead of me rejected at delivery? is there something I should be worried about since my timeline seems extremely unusual.

Not trying to rub this in people's faces who have been waiting for over 1 month and not complaining, but just don't understand how the ordering priorities work. I am also caught off guard and not really prepared for delivery. Can I just bring a cashier's check for my final payment at delivery? Can I also purchase a mobile charger at the Fremont factory delivery location?
I did not know they sell FastPass option :) Yes, this is strange....

View attachment 1050915
Enid said bro. ☝️I’m going to change from red/black to blk/white any time now. I’m just waiting to see more pics of black!

I have a blk/blk 22’LRboost and I love it!
I’d go white int just for change :)
My first M3P was black/black and I loved that thing.
My current 3 is a LR w/ AB. It's red/black interior. Love the red, itself too.
I also saw the Ultra Red at a service center and fell in love.
But I really want to return back to Black !

I was at my local Tesla dealership yesterday. My neighbor bought his mother a Model Y and asked if I wanted to tag along and help him look it over before they took delivery. I was in the delivery building and was talking to one of the delivery reps and asked if any one had taken a deliver of a M3P and he said no. I asked if there was one incoming and he checked and he said there is a red w/white interior due next week and it was not spoken for. WHAT?

I asked if I could take a pic of his screen and he said no. He said it is in inventory so you can just check your app. I have checked a few times since yesterday but no dice.