Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone waiting for their VIN #

1716847329422.jpeg

Because they are excited. Just like a few others have said, waiting for a large item like this is the closest most adults will get to the way Christmas (or "winter holiday, etc" to not exclude anyone) felt when we were like 5 to 8 years old.
Totally understandable and, in general, I think it's great. It's fun to speculate and obsess a bit. However, some people take it very seriously and get upset, angry, or belligerent. That's where it stops being fun or exciting.

I am curious about this too. Will check tomorrow when I pick up the car.

To those who has already taken delivery, do you mind checking the Tesla Store and going to the HomeLink page? Does it tell you if it's compatible with the 2024 model? I asked an SA about this, but he said I would have to check once I take delivery of the vehicle.
Does not say if it is compatible. I am on the list to be notified when in stock again. Have to take the car to service center tomorrow to have the emergency charging port release properly seated in the trunk, will ask them about homelink while there.

Reactions: CheddarChiz
Because they are excited. Just like a few others have said, waiting for a large item like this is the closest most adults will get to the way Christmas (or "winter holiday, etc" to not exclude anyone) felt when we were like 5 to 8 years old.
Similar to waiting for a christmas gift as a wee lad, but the main difference here is there is no set date. Imagine if christmas had estimated dates that moved constantly 😂 I can’t imagine the impatience I would feel as a child.

If it’s early enough and you get a vin you’ll know it before. But if your vin is assigned before 8 AM you won’t get the text until that time, at least that’s what I have seen from what other people have posted (have read every page in this forum lol)
I would love to wake up one morning to a VIN. That's a nice way to wake up.

Yea, but I’m seeing it happen to a bunch of people with very common trims too where others are getting VINs. Seems like location is just as important as trim, but even that fails to explain some of the 4/23 people not having VINs yet.
For SG/Black it seems like they are only up to about 12:40pm or so on 4/23, so I'm not particularly surprised that I don't have a VIN yet at ordering just before 1pm. It just hurts when I see SG/white VINs going out for 5/6 and later.

• Informative
Reactions: P-Lo801
Question …
My first Tesla …
Is there a way to get free supercharging?
Cancel your order and wait until there's a free supercharging perk offered, but unless you are going to use it a lot, it's probably unlikely to be worth much more than your order fee since they normally only offer 3-6 months of free super charging and it takes quite a bit of supercharging to cover $250.

Lpq

Right, those are supposed to be forged but I dought they are the lightest forged ones. In the end super light forged 20 inch can be super expensive
I put rotary forged rims on my last vehicle and it made a noticeable difference from stock rims at the track. These rims are already relatively low weight that changing them to something slightly lighter may be mostly cosmetic with little to no improvement to quarter mile. I’m sure I’ll still change for cosmetic sake at some point and take whatever improvement it yields.

Reactions: DW3434
Are most people finding out they have a VIN from getting the text that you have a message in your app? Can you get a VIN, but not get the text message or get the text message later? Trying to figure out how much I need to drive myself crazy refreshing this app.
Yes, refresh the app as that hits first. I got my vin at 4am Saturday when i checked it while up for my usual bathroom break. Last i checked it was 11pm the previous night and the vin wasn't yet there.
So at 4am i saw the vin, then checked for an email or text from Tesla. Nothing. Later at 7:01am i get a text from Tesla that says a have a new message and to check my app. I go into the app and nothing has changed. Just a delay of some sort. Maybe Tesla corporate sends out the vins and then part of that is also communicating that to the local Service Center, and then they send out the text? Not sure.
But as you can see with my experience, check your app!

Yea, but I’m seeing it happen to a bunch of people with very common trims too where others are getting VINs. Seems like location is just as important as trim, but even that fails to explain some of the 4/23 people not having VINs yet.
I agree. It does appear to me that delivery dates are fluctuating based on where Tesla is prioritizing deliveries. I ordered Red/White of 4/25 with EDD of June 02-June 29. Then someone with no prior order of any M3 preordered M3P with same combo sometime in late May (Bay area) and received a VIN couple days later. Later today my EDD (East Coast) changed to July 22nd - September 02.