Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- no brightness levels to the ambient lighting.
First off - congrats!!!!

But I am rather surprised about the above. I could swear I read somewhere the the intensity of the lighting was adjustable. Perhaps I am thinking of a review of a different vehicle, but that does surprise me still. Perhaps a possible feature for future OTA?

Anyway, thank you for the feedback. Now... BRING ON THE PICS! :)

• Love
Reactions: eeeric and Sandee3
When car enthusiast people like Kyle and Cammisa give rave reviews of what most people refer to as an “appliance EV” I stand up and listen.

Tesla has taken what most people call a “boring EV” and made it fun. Made it something you can actually tinker with. You can improve the performance with weight reductions, battery optimizations, and wheel/tire changes.

You can take this thing to the track on the weekends while daily driving it during the week.

If this picture below is what the “boring old car” can do I can’t wait for the new version.

IMG_3696.jpeg
IMG_3690.jpeg
IMG_6140.jpeg

It’s 109
First off - congrats!!!!

But I am rather surprised about the above. I could swear I read somewhere the the intensity of the lighting was adjustable. Perhaps I am thinking of a review of a different vehicle, but that does surprise me still. Perhaps a possible feature for future OTA?

Anyway, thank you for the feedback. Now... BRING ON THE PICS
They are 1
First off - congrats!!!!

Anyway, thank you for the feedback. Now... BRING ON THE PICS! :)
they are 100% adjustable

Reactions: arkhos
Hopefully this is not true, first person to say the suspension is more comfortable on the LR and so are the seats….

I would guess it does have a better ride. It's not track focused. The performance is made to corner, the LR is made to cruise. This is typical across all cars. The 335 rides better than the M3. The Audi A3 rides better than the RS3. etc.

New M3P video in Thai

Good news for the LG pack guys.

That 0-100kph is only 0.08sec slower than the 3.15sec run of the guy who did the 11.03@122 run and would actually slide into 3rd spot on the leaderboard out of the 10~ 0-60/0-100 times we have so far.

While the over 70mph speed will likely be a couple tenths slower, the low down sub 70mph seems to be identical. Pretty close to what was expected.

Hopefully this is not true, first person to say the suspension is more comfortable on the LR and so are the seats….
This seems like the designers did what they said they did. I would hope the long range is squishier and more comfortable. The essence of a performance version is stiffer, tighter, quicker handling than the base. This was the problem with the old one basically the same car but more current going to the motor. Oh and I almost forgot, shiny petals.

I have driven the LR 3x in the last 2 weeks and the seats are very good. I have not driven the M3P but I have sat in the seats and those seats are very supportive (more bolsters) BUT not as soft as the LR seats. I may change my mind once I get to drive the M3P.

with $7500 off, you would be crazy not to get the M3P. I bet running 19s would make it ride like the LR

It always cracks me up when someone buys a performance oriented vehicle and then complains about the stiffness of the ride, etc.

I noticed that seat ergonomics are very good in the new LR; it’s a place that you could easily sit in for a long time. They are way better than the last generation seats. I also sat in the new M3P in the show room for a couple of minutes and you could immediately tell how thick and squishy the performance seats where, yet they were supportive at the same time. One thing I didn’t really like about the new seats is how much they hug you from the sides and for some reason I kept sliding off forward 😂. Could be the type of clothing I was wearing at the time.

Were you wearing a tracksuit? Did you lube your entire body with vaseline? Proving the mod's point about how subjective things are.

Did more performance tests! Cannot wait to bring it to a track+drag strip. Yall are gonna love the car. Stay strong, deliveries gonna happen before you know it.

I wonder if they got that dLo guy. You mean to say police aren't buying that people are teleporting to Mexico for 1/4 mile runs?

- Tesla nailed the performance seats. they are sooooo good.

This comment cancels out the other opinion about it being a water park slide lol.

When car enthusiast people like Kyle and Cammisa give rave reviews of what most people refer to as an “appliance EV” I stand up and listen.

Tesla has taken what most people call a “boring EV” and made it fun. Made it something you can actually tinker with. You can improve the performance with weight reductions, battery optimizations, and wheel/tire changes.

You can take this thing to the track on the weekends while daily driving it during the week.

If this picture below is what the “boring old car” can do I can’t wait for the new version.

View attachment 1051245View attachment 1051246View attachment 1051247

Yeah I’m really curious what the ride quality is like now. I prefer a sportier suspension and stiff chassis so I don’t need it to ride like a cloud. @MountainPass @UnpluggedP have any options coming out that retain the factory dampers?

Great photos. -5 pts again for the lipstick on the Tesla logo.

Good morning. Just woke up all excited to check the APP and hope to see a shiny new VIN... nope nothing. Welp, back to refreshing the APP today at an unhealthy rate.

Has there been anyone who ordered 4/23, but later in the evening, that has received a VIN? I ordered 4/23 around 9:30pm eastern time, but APP says order date is 4/24. Surely that's not helping my cause lol.

Last edited:
Good morning. Just woke up all excited to check the APP and hope to see a shiny new VIN... nope nothing. Welp, back to refreshing the APP today at an unhealthy rate.

Has there been anyone who ordered 4/23, but later in the evening, that has received a VIN? I ordered 4/23 around 9:30pm eastern time, but APP says order date is 4/24. Surely that's not helping my cause lol.
I ordered at 1pm and still have no vin. My EDD range starts tomorrow and still hasn't changed.

^Signs of VAD (vin anticipation disorder) and encouraging others to participate.
I hear the only cure is delivery.

If you or a loved one have experienced symptoms of estimated delivery date disease and/or VAD, you may be eligible for compensation. Common symptoms include compulsive app refreshing and an abnormal fixation on 1/4 mile times.

Hm could this explain the butt rash I’ve developed? Maybe it’s the lack of ventilated seats. I may also need therapy to address the abandonment complex I’ve developed from my SA ghosting me.

If you or a loved one have experienced symptoms of estimated delivery date disease and/or VAD, you may be eligible for compensation. Common symptoms include compulsive app refreshing and an abnormal fixation on 1/4 mile times.

Hm could this explain the butt rash I’ve developed? Maybe it’s the lack of ventilated seats. I may also need therapy to address the abandonment complex I’ve developed from my SA ghosting me.
I may need a divorce lawyer because my wife is about to leave me if I complain to her one more time that someone who ordered weeks after me just got a VIN while I haven't lol. I think VAD is directly linked with divorce rates.