Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up mine yesterday. Holy moly. My Taycan 4S Cross Turismo will be sitting in the garage for a while. M3P is a great bang for the buck. I think BMW M and MB AMG divisions will have to do some rethinking. This is some serious performance for $53k. Acceleration judging by my butt dyno is way better than the 4S, I actually like the M3P vs my X Plaid (too fast). The M3P is the perfect balance. The X Plaid is very fast, but no so great in the handling dept. The air suspension is too soft/floaty compared to my 4S, the M3P suspension is very close to 4S, not as planted on the curves. But I will have to wait for the weekend to take both cars out to do some canyon runs back to back. But for 1/3 the price of the 4S, even if it only does 60% as good. it's already a great bargain. I'm thorough impressed by the M3P. Never drove the previous M3P, so can't compare. I have a 2017 M3 (1st 1k VIN), and of course, there's no comparison to build quality alone, there's no performance comparison. Car is QUIET!! I think the Tacan is more quiet, but compared to my old Model 3 and the previous 2 gens of Model X, it's very good. I think it's just as good as the noise isolation in the current Plaid X if not better.

The bluetooth was not doing very good when I drove the car home, it's constantly connecting and disconnecting to my phone when streaming music. Will have to unpair, and pair it again to see if that fixes it.

One annoying visual issue. The chrome line that's part of the ambient lightning LED strip that runs across the dash, reflects onto the windshield during the middle of the day, and it's a distraction. not bad, but it's constantly there once you see it. I'm surprised Tesla didn't noticed this during testing. Very annoying.

Zero issues during pickup, as in I can't find a single flaw to reject pickup. This is my 5th Tesla, and every pickup in the past had some issues, that requires going back to the shop after pickup.

Bucket seats are firm but supple (wait, what am I describing here?), wife loves M3P buckets, hates kidney pinching Porsche 18-way buckets. I love the Porsche seats, but the M3P buckets are really really good. too bad they're not adjustable.

I think if M3P was available when I was buying my Taycan 2 years ago, I would have a great regret doing so. But at the time, the Taycan was the best driving EV I can get. I think the M3P is lot of car for the money. LOVE IT!! Tesla knocked this out of the park. Of all 5 Teslas I own. '16 X 90D, '17 M3, '22 X Raven LR, '22 X Plaid, '24 M3P. This is the best Tesla IMHO. That suspension, whatever they're doing, spread it across the entire lineup.

-ThinkMac-

Same exact rear door panel gaps on my car as well as the car that was being delivered next to me. Drivers side rear door gap is larger. And... my dashboard has a definite rattle. Otherwise... AMAZING car!
The gaps are common. The front of the hood should be slightly lower than the bumper. Once adjusted it will look perfect. The Tesla service guy took a market to each panel gap on both of my previous Model 3s to get things lined up. It is best to do it to the entire car at once. It takes the service center about 2 hours MAX to fix it all, including the rear door and hatch gaps. My 2023 MP3 has ZERO rattles. My '21 MP3 didn't either. I would NOT be accepting of any rattles. Keep in mind that the RATTLE warranty is very short (as is the alignment one), so be sure to make a service appointments as soon as you get the car and get them fixed. I always have Tesla do an alignment and adjust toe to zero. The car is NEVER within spec out of the factory

Weird question. Delivery so scheduled for 6/3. This originally showed on my main screen but now my main screen doesn’t show anything. The delivery date shows only when I click continue and scroll to delivery. I seem to recall the date always showing in the main page previously.

You're one of the FL brothers and you got your actual date? I haven't heard squat. Did you have to bug your SA to get a date? Mine still says 5/28 - 6/5 (changed from 5/27 to 5/28 this morning).

I’ve got a SG/BLK due any minute now! Let me know if it’s on site?
The blue/white I saw is still there but prepped for delivery and there’s a new red/white in the auxiliary lot with an eng hold note on the side. Gaps all look great on this one too!

Attachments

• IMG_3903.jpeg
    IMG_3903.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 3
  • Love
Reactions: JezzaE and RodPGH
Picked up mine yesterday. Holy moly. My Taycan 4S Cross Turismo will be sitting in the garage for a while. M3P is a great bang for the buck. I think BMW M and MB AMG divisions will have to do some rethinking. This is some serious performance for $53k. Acceleration judging by my butt dyno is way better than the 4S, I actually like the M3P vs my X Plaid (too fast). The M3P is the perfect balance. The X Plaid is very fast, but no so great in the handling dept. The air suspension is too soft/floaty compared to my 4S, the M3P suspension is very close to 4S, not as planted on the curves. But I will have to wait for the weekend to take both cars out to do some canyon runs back to back. But for 1/3 the price of the 4S, even if it only does 60% as good. it's already a great bargain. I'm thorough impressed by the M3P. Never drove the previous M3P, so can't compare. I have a 2017 M3 (1st 1k VIN), and of course, there's no comparison to build quality alone, there's no performance comparison. Car is QUIET!! I think the Tacan is more quiet, but compared to my old Model 3 and the previous 2 gens of Model X, it's very good. I think it's just as good as the noise isolation in the current Plaid X if not better.

The bluetooth was not doing very good when I drove the car home, it's constantly connecting and disconnecting to my phone when streaming music. Will have to unpair, and pair it again to see if that fixes it.

One annoying visual issue. The chrome line that's part of the ambient lightning LED strip that runs across the dash, reflects onto the windshield during the middle of the day, and it's a distraction. not bad, but it's constantly there once you see it. I'm surprised Tesla didn't noticed this during testing. Very annoying.

Zero issues during pickup, as in I can't find a single flaw to reject pickup. This is my 5th Tesla, and every pickup in the past had some issues, that requires going back to the shop after pickup.

Bucket seats are firm but supple (wait, what am I describing here?), wife loves M3P buckets, hates kidney pinching Porsche 18-way buckets. I love the Porsche seats, but the M3P buckets are really really good. too bad they're not adjustable.

I think if M3P was available when I was buying my Taycan 2 years ago, I would have a great regret doing so. But at the time, the Taycan was the best driving EV I can get. I think the M3P is lot of car for the money. LOVE IT!! Tesla knocked this out of the park. Of all 5 Teslas I own. '16 X 90D, '17 M3, '22 X Raven LR, '22 X Plaid, '24 M3P. This is the best Tesla IMHO. That suspension, whatever they're doing, spread it across the entire lineup.

-ThinkMac-
This is a fantastic piece of feedback. Was really torn between this and a Taycan.

Picked up mine yesterday, here are Issues that have been submitted for repair:

Pulls to the right slightly, needs alignment. (50% of new cars I’ve owned from various brands have needed alignments)
Passenger seat has small separation on the seat material that joins the performance logo. (Small issue, might be within spec)
Autopilot button is very difficult to engage, requires multiple hard presses. Test drove a highland LR and it was one press and worked perfectly which is why I knew this one had a issue. (Update: button is much better today. Can cross off the list just needed to be broken in with use)
Trim on passenger side has a very small gap. (Small issue might be within spec)

Not bad comparing my 2021 performance which had a lot of body issues.

Last edited:
The gaps are common. The front of the hood should be slightly lower than the bumper. Once adjusted it will look perfect. The Tesla service guy took a market to each panel gap on both of my previous Model 3s to get things lined up. It is best to do it to the entire car at once. It takes the service center about 2 hours MAX to fix it all, including the rear door and hatch gaps. My 2023 MP3 has ZERO rattles. My '21 MP3 didn't either. I would NOT be accepting of any rattles. Keep in mind that the RATTLE warranty is very short (as is the alignment one), so be sure to make a service appointments as soon as you get the car and get them fixed. I always have Tesla do an alignment and adjust toe to zero. The car is NEVER within spec out of the factory
What’s the warranty for rattle and alignment?

What’s the warranty for rattle and alignment?
There is 1 that is basically 3days/100 miles and it has to do with accepting the car but alignment is in it. California is different regulations, too. The next warranty window is 1000 miles and that I think includes the panels. I always do both within the first 100 miles or at least make the app appointment to document the issue

Last edited: