Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I actually took delivery one day earlier than scheduled. The scheduling system kept bugging me to pick it up earlier so I took delivery yesterday. See attached pic in front of the Fremont factory. People aren’t going to believe this but I ordered last Thursday (5/23) and picked up on Tuesday (5/28), so within 5 days of ordering. I don’t know how this happened, but I got lucky and probably got a car that someone cancelled. I do know that the car was built and onsite on Monday 5/27. Obviously me being local to the Fremont area played a role. I feel bad for getting the car ahead of so many people and personally don’t think that is right, but it’s Tesla.
Wow, that’s amazing pace. Here I am struggling to pick a vehicle which has been assigned to me and has been in my city from last 10+ days. They are taking days for things which literally take 5 mins ! Slowest company I have ever bought car from !

Feeling alot of animosity right now against California right now because of deliveries. Sure, I get it. Lay it on us.

If it makes you east coasters feel any better we don't get a change in seasons here. (I think that's a big thing with them cause all my relatives in Michigan tell me they'll never move to CA cause we don't have a "change in seasons" and I'm missing out)

Never snows for Christmas here. Never did i get a "snow day" off for school. And we don't have basements in our houses. We have earthquakes too. Feeling any better?
Send me my M3P and I'll call it even.

• Funny
Reactions: jv92red
A blue on white car is for sale in Gypsum, Colorado. I’m also in Colorado and my EDD for SG/White got moved to July 12- August 16th 😭

Attachments

• IMG_7705.png
    IMG_7705.png
    383 KB · Views: 8
  • Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
BMW M5 Comp, Sf90, Amg Gt 63s amg, BMW M8 Comp, BMW M3cs, 911 Turbos, 911 Turbo, Porsche Taycan Turbo, 296 gbt, Dodge Demon, Tesla Plaid, Rimac Nivera, Bugatti Chiron, Bugatti Divo, Bugatti Veryon, Porsche 918 Spyder, Lucid Air Sapphire, BMW M5 CS, Audi R8 V10+, Mclaren 765lt, Mclaren 720s, Lamborghini Hurucan performante, Ferrari 812 super fast, Audi Rs7 performance, Mclaren Senna, Mclaren 675lt, 570s, Avendator, Nissan Gtr noemi.

Not gonna lie, for what we get sub-60K, we are all getting a steal here.

blows my mind how people spend thousands on a wrap or ppf. i do understand only if its a collectible car. how many people have had to trade-in or sell a car and said to themselves, dam i should wrapped it to prevent these 20 rock chips.
For me it's less about preserving resale value (though it can probably boost the selling price maybe $1-2K if selling third party), or even preserving paint quality, but more about giving me the ability to change up the look a bit and customize and stand out just a touch and make the car feel a bit more special and personal. For my red 2018 LR, I did one of the first red stealth wraps I know of, and stealth red is just an incredible look, and surprisingly to this day is quite rare to see. It heightens the line sharpness, makes the car look a lot more aggressive. Tinting, smoked headlights, and a brushed steel chrome delete and rocker panel detail all worked along with the stealth wrap to bring my vision to life. Even now, I personally still think my car is one of the sexiest original Model 3s on the road. Sleek and sporty and great mix of color combination without being *too* flashy or gaudy. Can't wait to put my personal stamp on this new M3P!

Reactions: Kilotango74
Thanks for this. I'm not getting any response to my questions from about where it is. My window changed to the same as you and I'm also Mt Kisco. Presume we're both part of the same shipment.
I'm Hartford area in CT and my dates are 6/2-6/9 but picking up from Mohegan. Maybe mine will ship after yours does in NY. Was originally supposed to have it last week. Hopefully I can pickup this Sunday because life is too busy to be trying to chase these dates down and figure out scheduling with everything too.

Reactions: scrapps