Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I’m stoked for all of you getting your VIN and deliveries, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a tad jealous. FML 😂😭
Getting a lil worried being that I ordered on 4/24 at 3pm (Chicago) and my EDD has remained unchanged for over 3 wks. But, maybe that’s a good thing? 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_0217.jpeg
    IMG_0217.jpeg
    330.6 KB · Views: 10
agnzt ordered on 4/25, same color as me, but I'm still waiting for a VIN and now likely to miss the delivery due to vacation and get hit with NJ EV tax of $1000 🤬
Sucks about the tax, but timing wise being in california has its benefits I guess..
Dang, congrats. I just got pushed to the 15th -30th and still no vin...
It will come when you least expect. I had absolutely no expectation of seeing a VIN this morning and BOOM there it was.

Reactions: xianking
I own it, but I think it's 100% open and I have no clue how to turn off row sorting. If anyone knows, let me know. But, yes as a good steward, sorting the data to play with it on the active sheet makes it difficult for others. If you click file > make a copy, you can save it off to your own sheet and sort and filter.
Many people's VIN status was changed (including mine) without our knowledge on the sheet. It may be a mistake, or could also be intentional trolling.

I can't DM you as I have a new account, but if you want, you can DM me and I may be able to help with locking the sheet down in a way to prevent this, without sacrificing any of its functionality

Regarding the messed up VIN cells in the tracker, what does everyone think of me setting every cell that has no VIN Date to "No"? This is the best way that I could think of since we don't have solid history to base on on which ones were messed up or not.

If folks actually already have a VIN, please make sure you add the date that you got it.
Maybe just switch the ones to No that don't have a VIN date?

Regarding the messed up VIN cells in the tracker, what does everyone think of me setting every cell that has no VIN Date to "No"? This is the best way that I could think of since we don't have solid history to base on on which ones were messed up or not.

If folks actually already have a VIN, please make sure you add the date that you got it.
Go for it, my row also said I had a VIN when I don't. I think the VIN date is the best source of truth.

Just did this. One thing I noticed while doing this though is that I've seen some duplicate usernames for different orders (e.g. @Starfy100 has 2 rows with 2 different order #s saying "Yes" to VIN, but I believe they only got their VIN today). So there might be more damage than the VINs.

Contact patch for 235 is the same as 275. 275 just helps in cornering
I have to disagree with this point. While cornering performance might be a secondary benefit, the contact patch is bigger on a 275 MM tire vs. a 235 MM tire. There are some additional variables at play, such as tire pressure and load, but this shouldn't negate the 40 MM difference in contact. Here is an online calculator if you want to play around with the numbers:

While I’m stoked for all of you getting your VIN and deliveries, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a tad jealous. FML 😂😭
Getting a lil worried being that I ordered on 4/24 at 3pm (Chicago) and my EDD has remained unchanged for over 3 wks. But, maybe that’s a good thing? 🤔
I ordered a few hours after you in similar geographic area and also been at July 7 - Aug 18 for weeks.
UR/Blk
Edit: Just because I now can!

• Helpful
Reactions: cloud surfer
Can someone please give me insight to the final payment component of delivery? This is my first Tesla so I’m not clear on that process. Is it possible to not pay until after inspecting the vehicle? What if I pay prior and find significant issues with the vehicle? Do i need to be concerned about that at all?

Can someone please give me insight to the final payment component of delivery? This is my first Tesla so I’m not clear on that process. Is it possible to not pay until after inspecting the vehicle? What if I pay prior and find significant issues with the vehicle? Do i need to be concerned about that at all?
You can take a cashier check with you to the delivery. Message the representative and tell them. I already paid. You can still reject the CAR without changing payment. I'll decide on the car once I see it