Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD actually pulled in a little while also widening.
  • Before: 06/07 - 06/14
  • After: 06/04 - 06/13
  • Central Florida, 04/23 order, VIN assigned late last week.
Not sure if I should be happy that it's sooner, or concerned that the range widened from 7 days to 9. Definitely just nitpicking.
I think it was you that I said we are on the same batch. Mine got pushed ahead today as well. I’m in Boca Raton/South FL. I called my showroom center where it’s headed and had questions to make sure I was golden on all docs and the SA checked specifically at my order and said that it looks like it’s in bound and should arrive mid to late next week so I’m ball parking Thursday. You might be a day ahead or same. Basically pick up should be next weekend. If any earlier than it’s a bonus.

Reactions: RBBJ
Does anyone know at which point a VIN is typically assigned and sent to the customer? Is it immediately after the production? Once it's at the delivery location? Once all software updates are installed? Once they decide where they're going to deliver it and prior to shipping? A combination of all of these?

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
We are not alone... Even GM and Polestar are getting there TESLA EDD's pushed back several months. 🤣

Per Teslarati article

.....Tesla Supercharger network have had their dates pushed back.
According to PC Mag, General Motors and Polestar both confirmed in statements that their dates of access were pushed back from Spring to Summer.
Polestar reps said their timeline “had been adjusted to later this Summer.”

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Does anyone know at which point a VIN is typically assigned and sent to the customer? Is it immediately after the production? Once it's at the delivery location? Once all software updates are installed? Once they decide where they're going to deliver it and prior to shipping? A combination of all of these?
I got my VIN 5/24, and my car will be here 6/1. That's 9 days. You do the math. I think that VIN was assigned the day it was complete on the line ish. That's loading on a train from Fremont CA to Denver CO, then a truck from the train north of Denver to Denver proper.

I was told by my SA it is after it’s built, just before it’s shipped typically. Unsure how the firmware update issue affected this process though

While I’m stoked for all of you getting your VIN and deliveries, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a tad jealous. FML 😂😭
Getting a lil worried being that I ordered on 4/24 at 3pm (Chicago) and my EDD has remained unchanged for over 3 wks. But, maybe that’s a good thing? 🤔
I had the same stuck EDD, ordered just after noon 4/24, vin came today. I bet you get a vin in the next few days.

I got my VIN 5/24, and my car will be here 6/1. That's 9 days. You do the math. I think that VIN was assigned the day it was complete on the line ish. That's loading on a train from Fremont CA to Denver CO, then a truck from the train north of Denver to Denver proper.
Gotcha so they prob just make a bunch of the cars and then once they decide where it makes the most sense to ship to they probably assign the VIN to someone based on that. I wonder how often deliveries are going out to the other states? Are they constantly shipping out cars? Like if you miss one batch are you screwed for weeks till another batch comes to your location? Or are they typically constantly being shipped out?

To add to what jennieR said, my .02 is that by the time when the vin is assigned to you, that process is 100% A I. driven. I've come to that conclusion because when i got my vin it was 4am on a Saturday. I know Elon works his employees to the bone, but is there really a human being at Tesla at 4am on a Saturday working some production software full of newly created unassigned vins fresh off the line and from those results sends vins out to waiting customers? I say 99% most likely not.
What does this all mean? 2 things: 1) A.I. sucks and 2) check your app at ALL hours of the day and night!!!!😂

Reactions: gavinmp4
Might just go with a ceramic coat, dark tint, and call it good.
This is the way. Dont waste your money on PPF; it’s not worth it IMO. Especially if you get rock dings and it pierces the PPF, which isn’t that uncommon with M3 bc it’s so aerodynamic. I’ve seen countless PPF issues from *great* PPF installers on M3. Dirt gets under where the rock pierces and it looks awful. Only thing you can do is remove the PPF and do it again. No company no matter how good is going to warranty a rock ding piercing it.

A quality full body ceramic coat and ceramic tint and call it a day (I prefer XPEL). You and your wallet will thank me later 😁