Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we charge this cars battery to 100% with no issues or are we still limited to the 80% like my 2020 M3P? I thought I heard the new cars could charge all the way to 100 with no issues but maybe that was a different battery..to be honest I'm leasing this car so I personally don't care about battery deg, like my last one that I still charged to 100 but annoying part was not having regen breaking, but they fixed that eventually with having the brakes activate
Same battery chemistry as every P model before it.

Many of us have situations where two cars is not an option. In my case, I have a 25 year old sport car that is not easy to sell.
Once my window moved up to a delivery within the week (from delivery within two months), I sold my car. Now it's moved out a month. Unreasonable to blame the player when the game is as much of a clusterfuck as EDDs are.
Thank you. I ordered 4/23 immediately and stayed very close to this, it was a calculated risk but it seemed reasonable to expect after five changes to my EDD the one ending 6/9 would stick. This is my fourth Tesla so it’s not my first rodeo but this time has been an utter *sugar* show.

To add to what jennieR said, my .02 is that by the time when the vin is assigned to you, that process is 100% A I. driven. I've come to that conclusion because when i got my vin it was 4am on a Saturday. I know Elon works his employees to the bone, but is there really a human being at Tesla at 4am on a Saturday working some production software full of newly created unassigned vins fresh off the line and from those results sends vins out to waiting customers? I say 99% most likely not.
What does this all mean? 2 things: 1) A.I. sucks and 2) check your app at ALL hours of the day and night!!!!😂
Doubt it's an AI, that makes no sense. It's not a job ai would help with. It's almost certainly filling stuff based on a logistics system that looks at available transportation and orders and fills transports based on when they are available, where they are going and what's coming off the line.

It's virtually guaranteed to be a deterministic system based on rules because that's what you need to make production and logistics operate smoothly. The computer just has to take in the available data and assign vins for each car coming off the line based on those rules.

It can't estimate that well in advance though because a lot of variables are outside the control of the computer. Transports breaking down and being delayed, over or under production, shifting orders coming in that may fill gaps, it's all highly fluctuating, but that doesn't mean they can't determine the best person to assign each car to as it comes off the line.

A quality PPF install is just a lot of money, even if you only do the front bumper and hood. Minimum $1,500 at a reputable place for just that. Probably $5-6k for the whole car. Tesla sells touch up paint kits for like $60 also. Everyone places value on different things but like I said, I don’t recommend PPF to anyone. Small rocker panels $50 kits sure why not.

PPF is marketed as like some super protective product but it has its drawbacks like anything else. Too many drawbacks for the $$$ IMO
I feel similarly, I've PPF'd a more expensive car and while it looked a lot cleaner, I'm not sure the cost was really worth it. Ceramic coat alone would have been enough for that purpose.

If I had a classic car or something that is likely to become a classic like a rare Porsche 911, it would make more sense to pay the PPF premium.

Can we charge this cars battery to 100% with no issues or are we still limited to the 80% like my 2020 M3P? I thought I heard the new cars could charge all the way to 100 with no issues but maybe that was a different battery..to be honest I'm leasing this car so I personally don't care about battery deg, like my last one that I still charged to 100 but annoying part was not having regen breaking, but they fixed that eventually with having the brakes activate
80 percent is where you typically want it. It is not an LFP pack.

Reactions: ATAG (ATAG)
Does anyone know the logic behind this info? I reload this page multiple times a day, so it is odd to me that a 2nd line popped up down below under Order History. What is _Z SubStatus? Teslafi has no documentation for this stuff.
IMG_3189.jpeg

Those of you outside CA seem to be having a cleaner experience tracking VINs, and understanding your delivery times with at least a week or two of notice after getting a VIN.

I'm literally just hoping the Fremont factory randomly craps out a car with my spec, feels generous enough to bless me with a VIN, and then they'll give me a very short 3 day window to take delivery. And all of this could happen anytime in the next three weeks.

tldr: Not having stalks is horrible, everything else is awesome as expected.

Just took delivery today and figured I would do my part and give some feedback.

My first Tesla was a 2020 M3P Blue with White, loved the car to death and was sad when I had to return the lease but timing (kind of) worked out and I waited for this new model to come out to finally place an order. Placed it 1 min after the announcement and had to push back my delivery a few days but finally took it today.

Delivery experience was smooth like always, 10 mins to get into the car and out the lot.

So far the car is 10/10 build wise, not one gap or rattle that I can notice, paint is OK like usual (red is the best looking quality wise after seeing one in person) but I love this dark grey color after seeing it in person. One thing that surprised me is they added a little tab at the underside of each door that latches into the car, apparently making it safer.

First thing I did was obviously change it to insane mode to make sure it is only driven that way and was nice to have the FSD trial straight off the lot.

Now for the drive, first thing I immediately noticed was it was way smoother than the old M3P, just going at low speeds and the turning out of the lot felt a lot more solid, I think the steering wheel has a little more weight to it even on standard mode. Next thing was how damn quiet it was inside. This is the biggest improvement I think with the new models, and I have yet to try it on the highway which will be the true test but so far this is 5x better than the last M3P sound wise. Soundsystem is also better with them adding one more sub and more speakers, over all the interior is awesome including the ambient light, I didnt notice it reflecting on anything but havent tinted my windows yet.

Now, the seats. This was something I was most looking forward to and so far... I don't know how I feel. I've had other sports cars like an S4 with comfy bucket seats. I was pleasantly surprised when I went from bucket seats to non for the 2020 M3P but I ended up loving those seats. They were in my opinion, super comfortable and even more comfortable than these new bucket seats but will give it some time, only had 30 mins in the car so far. My main complaint is the higher bolster on the bottom of the seats makes getting in and out slightly more uncomfortable, before you could just slide into your seat, but now, you kind of have to climb in. I'm assuming the seats are something I'll quickly get used to and love because they do look great, but those are my initial impressions, just being as honest as possible in this (30 mins in) review.

After taking a quick right out of the lot I was presented with a long road with no traffic so of course had to give it some power (or all of it, battery was at 65% I think). Definitely a nice improvement from the last M3P and I actually noticed a tiny bit of wheel spin or loss of traction, almost like these tires couldn't handle all of the power but the biggest difference is in the top end. Just where you expect it to trail off it keeps going for another half second or so. So its not a huge difference in terms of speed when compared to the last M3P but it does feel more refined and sharper if that makes sense. Felt like I was driving a hot knife through butter, the last m3p had the speed but now I think it has the quickness in handling which makes it even more fun.

Now comes the part I hate, and yes, I am going to say HATE. No stalks... I'll give it some time to see if I get used to it, but this is such a problem, that if I test drove this car, I honestly would have to have serious second thoughts about it. I always knew people talked about taking the stalks aways being a bad decision, but I didn't think it would be this bad...

I can't use my blinkers, at all. I am sure (or hoping) the muscle memory will get there, but just driving 10 miles home, I was having to straight up ignore using my signals because of how bad it was. Using a blinker is a split second decision, I had to think about what to do every time I wanted to use a blinker which was honestly just distracting, so for now I'll forgo using them (lol).

Even worse is removing the stalk to put the car in park/drive/reverse. I do 3 point turns and back into my spot every day, it was the easiest thing ever with my 2020 M3P with stalks. I just got home and tried with my new car and it was absolutely horrendous. Having to hold my hand near the screen and awkwardly flick my finger backwards and forwards, and then the worst part.. holding the screen to park... really tesla???

I am seriously in disbelief about this decision, and I hate to be a downer on this amazing car, but I would honestly like to know, do you just get used to it, or is it as bad as I think it is. I know there is an option to auto select drive, which I'm using, but that aint' it either. Maybe it is something they can improve, or hell, just let me select drive and reverse with my scroll wheel. Anything but the current solution. I'm all ears though on what other people think or how they deal with it.

So yeah, the car is great as expected, a big improvement over the last one over all. But removing the stalks takes this from a 10/10 to a 8/10 so far. Yes, its that bad.

I am going to tint my windows 20% all around and 50% windshield, I hope I don't regret going to dark on the windshield but want to try it. Also might lightly tint the headlights and taillights (unless that is stupid and will be unsafe) to get a more stealthy look.

Anyways, look forward to the good times with this car...roadster next?

View attachment 1051766
Update to the review 2 days later:

Don't hate the turn signals any more but I can still say 3 point turns are not great. I have got more comfortable swiping the screen, and its very nice being able to tap the brake to set it to drive and unclick your belt for park, but making 3 point turns, or in my case which is coming home every night, and having to back into my spot, still doesn't have a great solution. I know there is some setting that has auto 3 point turns but have yet to see that pop up, at least for backing into a spot.

Also never thought I would say this but insane mode is almost too insane, the car is almost snappy..I might try standard, something I never thought I would say or do this but maybe it would make the drive a bit better and not as sharp when I want to just drive normal. This was never an "issue" (lol) on my old M3P but I think that speaks volumes to how much better built and tighter this car is vs the previous gen.

Folks, the tracker is looking good. @potato314 did some good stuff. There are pre sorted sheets now so we don't have to fight that anymore. Just need @Andrés Ornelas to fix the color combo chart. There is also a suggestions tab. Let's not bake the potato though, he apparently has a real job and can't do the tracker all day :rolleyes: 🤣🤣

- It takes a village
charts fixed, although i think i just saw someone sorting the main sheet again -_-)

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 8.44.26 PM.png

Please can we get view-only access to your doc? I would totally use this!
yeah, i thought about that, but tbh it doesn't feel fair to the original list creator @everydaychris... he spent a bunch of time compiling the list and was kind enough to provide an unformatted version for free, so undercutting his paid version with my formatted one feels wrong.

unless he pops in here to give his blessing (in which case i'm happy to share it), i recommend either paying for his version or formatting your own :)