Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats, @adz0rd!

I ordered the day before you, but SG/W. There's no rhyme or reason to any of this. LOL
Most All of the PNW VINs we have on the tracker over the last 2 days have black interior. I think white interiors are not in production at the moment.

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 10.49.15.png

Most All of the PNW VINs we have on the tracker have black interior. I think white interiors are not in production at the moment
Sg/black here ordered 4/23 Midwest. No vin. Guess they’re not sending any black interiors out this way either :(

Also seeing lots of people get VINs in nearby states that ordered after me. Also several ppl who have gotten vins IN my state at a pickup location two hours from me who ordered a week after me.

How does that even happen. Such a frustrating process. I like this forum but sometimes I feel like it’s better not to know so you don’t get in your head lol

Sg/black here ordered 4/23 Midwest. No vin. Guess they’re not sending any black interiors out this way either :(

Also seeing lots of people get VINs in nearby states that ordered after me. Also several ppl who have gotten vins IN my state at a pickup location two hours from me who ordered a week after me.

How does that even happen. Such a frustrating process. I like this forum but sometimes I feel like it’s better not to know so you don’t get in your head lol
I’m in the same boat as you. In Michigan, no vin, same config and dates keep getting pushed back…currently June 13th-30th

Pretty wack. Ordered 4/24 in SoCal Red / Black and still no vin. Date keeps on being pushed up 1 day and people in other states are getting it faster with orders placed later.
I think they redirected a lot of VINs from CA to the other states (PNW, East Coast, Midwest) this week. My EDD got pushed out a full three weeks on Wednesday and I had been expecting a VIN to be imminent.

I ordered 5/4 so it makes sense to prioritize orders ahead of me, but it feels like they need to come back and wrap up the CA deliveries before handing out VINs to so many May orders outside CA. The tracker clearly shows several folks outside CA with mid-May orders are starting to get VINs already.

I’m in the same boat as you. In Michigan, no vin, same config and dates keep getting pushed back…currently June 13th-30th
Hey I’m jealous you’re at least in June still. I was 5/30-6/14 and thought for sure I’d be getting a vin then early this week EDD got pushed to 7/14-8/19. It’s cool though because there’s people getting VINs in states further from the factory than I am, that ordered a week+ after me.

I just can seem to make sense of this. Feels like my order was just lost lol

Reactions: webbie313
Depends on whether your state is one that allows Tesla direct sales or not. If it is (your state allows tesla direct sales) then yes. If your state is NOT one that allows tesla direct sales, you likely have to pay in advance before you pick up your car (because Tesla gets around direct sales bans by selling you the car in CA then SHIPPING it to you, if you are in a place that Tesla is not allowed to sell direct.

Since "WI" appears on that list, and also is typed under your name, you need to talk to your SA about what you need to do.
Thanks. I live in WI but am picking up in IL which isn’t on that list, So hopefully I’ll be good. My SA hasn’t responded but it’s only been 2 days so I may just be impatient

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Hey all, Happy Friday! Just wanted to cheer you all up! I ordered 5/2 for Colorado. Pretty sure I’ve been sitting on one of the furthest out EDDs for the US for over a week now! Hopefully the drunk EDD monkey pulls it in sometime, but also hope all you all get yours soon as well! As a bonus, included the pick of my current daily driver. Check that hail damage and redneck special roof rack (I’m actually sorta proud of that - 650 bucks for a roof rack we used one time for a trip to Yellowstone? Naw… imma head to Home Depot and get that sorted for 72 dollars 🤣).

…. It does shake like an overloaded washing machine any speed over 60 right now though. Maybe a tire balance issue, or maybe I will die before getting my M3P? I dunno.keep the faith peeps!

Attachments

• 36CC666A-1E45-4E9E-AC9C-EF7B2E40F4CB.jpeg
    36CC666A-1E45-4E9E-AC9C-EF7B2E40F4CB.jpeg
    501.7 KB · Views: 2
  • B9E83477-DEC0-45CA-AA7A-C97C54E8ADA5.jpeg
    B9E83477-DEC0-45CA-AA7A-C97C54E8ADA5.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 2
If I was to switch my configuration from stealth gray with white interior to ultra red and black interior,
#1 Would I keep the tax credit? (Is pricing based on the time I bought it, 4/23)
#2 Would that significantly delay my delivery?
#1 - You can go to "edit order" and it will give you the pricing of when you placed your order. So yes it should.
#2 - Who knows. You could get pushed to the back of the line with an EDD of August or September, OR... You could jump the line and get a VIN in the next few days.

Oh, and by the way, the "line" I am speaking to is a complicated algorithm controlled by a robotic monkey using AI from the year 2001 and sending updates via a dial up AOL connection from the planet Mars on his Nokia brick phone. So, take you EDD with a grain of salt - no - a mouthful of salt.

My EDD was June 13-30th, then pushed back to July 21 - Sept. 1. I gave up hope, then magically today I got a VIN. So who really knows what that monkey is doing.

#1 - You can go to "edit order" and it will give you the pricing of when you placed your order. So yes it should.
#2 - Who knows. You could get pushed to the back of the line with an EDD of August or September, OR... You could jump the line and get a VIN in the next few days.

Oh, and by the way, the "line" I am speaking to is a complicated algorithm controlled by a robotic monkey using AI from the year 2001 and sending updates via a dial up AOL connection from the planet Mars on his Nokia brick phone. So, take you EDD with a grain of salt - no - a mouthful of salt.

My EDD was June 13-30th, then pushed back to July 21 - Sept. 1. I gave up hope, then magically today I got a VIN. So who really knows what that monkey is doing.
How long were you pushed back to July-Sept until you got a VIN?

Reactions: Lundle