Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stay strong! I was in the same boat until yesterday...getting pushed one day at a time for several days. Then...BAM, VIN and "schedule your delivery" came the same within hours. Ordered the same red/black combo in Orange County but one day earlier, on 4/23. Picking up on Monday in Irvine, CA
Ordered about 30 minutes after announcement, red and black. Switched to pickup in Buena Park as it closed to the PPF and Tint Shop and I feel like that I shot myself in the foot because of that. I feel like Buena Park hasn’t had a lot of deliveries, or I could just be going crazy. My EDD window has been pushed back 1 day since May 25th. Current EDD is May 31st-June 9th. No VIN

Reactions: A B C D
Ordered about 30 minutes after announcement, red and black. Switched to pickup in Buena Park as it closed to the PPF and Tint Shop and I feel like that I shot myself in the foot because of that. I feel like Buena Park hasn’t had a lot of deliveries, or I could just be going crazy. My EDD window has been pushed back 1 day since May 25th. Current EDD is May 31st-June 9th. No VIN
Same EDD and same color combo and picking up in Costa Mesa and still no VIN#

Updated to June 1 - June 9 delivery. Added insurance and made final payment.

I do have a question for those who took delivery. Did the car come with the smaller covers for the warp wheels? Where they only cover the holes?

Edit - specifically THESE covers (short vs full length)
Screenshot 2024-05-31 142605.png

Last edited:
How do you know where it will be delivered and switch pickup without vin?

Hey guys! Saw I was tagged in a few posts I appreciate the LOVE!
Here's my video! Highly recommend watching!

As well as various checklists: Paid has more photos more organized took way longer to make, free still has great info!
Comprehensive Tesla Model 3 Highland Checklist (Blog)

Comprehensive Tesla Model 3 Highland Checklist (Etsy)

Free Version on Website: DELIVERY CHECKLIST - EVERYDAY CHRIS

I just got my hands on the M3 P.. OH MAN SO SEXY.. Whoever is getting one.. congrats its so much fun to drive

(moderator note)

Just dropping a note here on the link shared for the document for everydaychris' delivery checklist. I dont have any issue at all with what was currently shared

Just as a side note, @everydaychris has an account here and although I dont know how active he is now, has been an active member here in the past. he would probably be happy to hear that people are finding his delivery checklist helpful.

(tagging him so he sees, next time he logs in here).
Agree TY!! Congrats to everyone

You can see this by going to existing inventory on the app and “comparing differences” it’ll tell you the pickup location. You will have to call or send a message to get the location switched. But that’s exactly what I did.
Just FYI, I saw an inventory car that matched my exact spec yesterday thanks to @P-Lo801, but switching would trigger re-pricing the design to the current order price, and I'd lose the tax credit.

So I think unless you see a SG/white car show up in inventory, don't switch to it if you want to keep the tax credit.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas