Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to June 1 - June 9 delivery. Added insurance and made final payment.

I do have a question for those who took delivery. Did the car come with the smaller covers for the warp wheels? Where they only cover the holes?

Edit - specifically THESE covers (short vs full length)
View attachment 1052405
Those shorter covers come on the wheels, but there are only like 3 or 4 of them. There are several videos on how to remove the covers here on the forum.

I do have a question for those who took delivery. Did the car come with the smaller covers for the warp wheels? Where they only cover the holes?

View attachment 1052405
Yes the car comes with 5 small and 5 long installed .. in the picture they only removed the long ones

I mean, I have never used a chart like that, and pulling out a multi page checklist in front of a Tesla delivery agent sort of screams "i am going to be a problem" from a customer service perspective (which is one of the reasons I have never done it), but some people really like them.

I like to look over checklists like that before hand though, and see the types of things on there, and if anything on it is different than what I would spot check on the vehicle when I am there.
I respectfully disagree. Only if you are a sphincter boy in how you act if you find a problem would be a issue. I am sure will get some eye roles by SA. We are paying customer with with a fairly expensive limited avaliblity item that is key for our daily lives and we are waiting patiently for ( at least most of us are being patient :) ). I made the mistake of a Toyota for my first new car, I said to my self its a Toyota and warrantee what could be wrong, was late in the night with the dealer hokey pokey, and I didn't closely go over it prior to taking home. Next day I noticed minor shipping damage I didn't catch at the dealer and had fight for any correction, them claiming I did it.

Going over important items in detail is done by everyone in the production world. This is the job of the quality department. Everyone has first article inspection check list and then periodic inspection to all the requirements. Tesla has gotten better, but as many jokes in this thread alone to the thoroughness of the outgoing quality Dept. This is the reasons people have created such lists. This is your first article, and prior reptutation history shows inspection is nessary. Them waiting 15min for me to go over the systems, is more than reasonable. If you find a problem don't make a big deal, just politely ask it be addressed make a appotiemt and carry on with delivery. If it is catastrophic discovery this is your only chance to refuse delivery of a $54,990 item. Thanks @everydaychris and others for making such lists. (keep up the great content)

Last edited:
Hey guys I finally got a delivery date!!! June 5 2024 1730-1800. I actually ended up calling my local service center on Tuesday and they said I would get info or an update in a couple of days. Being impatient that I am I called back today because no info or update had been provided and was able to set up a delivery. So long story short if you have your VIN (had mine for 2 weeks) try giving your local service center a call and they might just be able to help you a lot better with getting your delivery. App SA is completely useless. Good luck guys and gals

I respectfully disagree. Only if you are a sphincter boy in how you act if you find a problem would be a issue. I am sure will get some eye roles by SA. We are paying customer with with a fairly expensive limited avaliblity item that is key for our daily lives and we are waiting patiently for ( at least most of us are being patient :) ). I made the mistake of a Toyota for my first new car, I said to my self its a Toyota and warrantee what could be wrong, was late in the night with the dealer hokey pokey, and I didn't closely go over it prior to taking home. Next day I noticed minor shipping damage I didn't catch at the dealer and had fight for any correction, them claiming I did it.

Going over important items in detail is done by everyone in the production world. This is the job of the quality department. Everyone has first article inspection check list and then periodic inspection to all the requirements. Tesla has gotten better, but as many jokes in this thread alone to the thoroughness of the outgoing quality Dept. This is the reasons people have created such lists. This is your first article, and prior reptutation history shows inspection is nessary. Them waiting 15min for me to go over the systems, is more than reasonable. If you find a problem don't make a big deal, just politely ask it be addressed make a appotiemt and carry on with delivery. If it is catastrophic discovery this is your only chance to refuse delivery of a $54,990 item. Thanks @everydaychris and others for making such lists. (keep up the great content)

Like I said, some people like them / to each their own. I said before that I have either performed or managed people who perform customer service roles (though not for Tesla / cars) for my entire working career, and I am in my late 50s.

For most customer service reps, pulling out a multi page checklist like that would not be much different than pulling out a panel gap measuring tool, or a ruler and then stating "the roof is off, this side is a few millimeters over" or something.

Note that I didnt say anyone was wrong for taking a checklist (or at least I dont think I did). I just said how I think it would be viewed.

Hey guys I finally got a delivery date!!! June 5 2024 1730-1800. I actually ended up calling my local service center on Tuesday and they said I would get info or an update in a couple of days. Being impatient that I am I called back today because no info or update had been provided and was able to set up a delivery. So long story short if you have your VIN (had mine for 2 weeks) try giving your local service center a call and they might just be able to help you a lot better with getting your delivery. App SA is completely useless. Good luck guys and gals
Yer I'm getting ghosted in my app and my delivery window starts tomorrow. :(

Like I said, some people like them / to each their own. I said before that I have either performed or managed people who perform customer service roles (though not for Tesla / cars) for my entire working career, and I am in my late 50s.

For most customer service reps, pulling out a multi page checklist like that would not be much different than pulling out a panel gap measuring tool, or a ruler and then stating "the roof is off, this side is a few millimeters over" or something.

Note that I didnt say anyone was wrong for taking a checklist (or at least I dont think I did). I just said how I think it would be viewed.
Personally i am less concerned on how i think it will be viewed as I am knowing how pissed I would be at myself if i got home and found I had missed an issue. I wouldn’t act like a jerk mind you, but I could care less what they think about I I feel about my car.

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas

View attachment 1052405
Both short and full attached

Attachments

• IMG_8647.jpeg
    IMG_8647.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Lol. Similar experiences but technical roles fixing stuff. Different worlds and different perspectives, combining together make the best solutions.

(will leave my micrometer at home )

• Funny
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas