Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys I finally got a delivery date!!! June 5 2024 1730-1800. I actually ended up calling my local service center on Tuesday and they said I would get info or an update in a couple of days. Being impatient that I am I called back today because no info or update had been provided and was able to set up a delivery. So long story short if you have your VIN (had mine for 2 weeks) try giving your local service center a call and they might just be able to help you a lot better with getting your delivery. App SA is completely useless. Good luck guys and gals

I wonder if having a checklist on the phone would be less 'imposing'
When I bought my current Tesla, that's what I used, a little check-list with 'hot points' to look at, and I had it on my phone. And now that I mention it, I can't even find it. LOL

Of course, when I went for delivery, they pointed out where my car was, and told me to 'take however much time I needed' to look it over. I took about 30 min to look it over, inside and out and it was completely unsupervised, so I probably could have had ten clipboards and they wouldn't have cared. :) Funny enough, I couldn't find a single issue, and to this day the only issue I've had developed well after delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
1717196776420.png

Tableau of M3P on tracker orders (left) and and distribution of superchargers (Right). Quite a similarity. I would think distribution across all models likely similar but interesting just the same. Also suggesting sample size of tracker is getting more accruate. :cool:

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
Agreed! But only having 6% of tracked orders on the spreadsheet being delivered doesn't help. :)
I think there have been some people who have announced deliveries... and not provided any pics.

We should make that a LAW! If you post about your delivery, IT MUST COME WITH PICS. Say, at least a dozen!

Or more! :)

I’m picking up my first Tesla tomorrow. I can’t believe it. After all the pushes I was mentally prepared to not take delivery in July or possibly even August. It’ll also be a MASSIVE upgrade for me from driving a 2012 Altima. I’m so excited I don’t know how I’ll be able to sleep tonight 😆
Happy-Christmas-Eve-in-May! :)

I still don't understand why others can edit their configuration while mine has said "You cannot edit design at this time" for a while now.
AFAIK, if you have completed the financing section then you are unable to edit your order on the website. Not sure if this is only if you have accepted a loan offer or not.

I believe an SA can still modify your order, but not sure on that either.

Reactions: P-Lo801
Of course, when I went for delivery, they pointed out where my car was, and told me to 'take however much time I needed' to look it over. I took about 30 min to look it over, inside and out and it was completely unsupervised, so I probably could have had ten clipboards and they wouldn't have cared. :) Funny enough, I couldn't find a single issue, and to this day the only issue I've had developed well after delivery.
yeah, this is my second Tesla and they were not watching over me either -- not that i would've cared 😆

we're all (clearly) excited about delivery day, so in that excitement it's hard to be disciplined -- and have perfect memory. seems most likely that you won't find anything; but if there's anything to be found, delivery day seems like the perfect moment to do so.

ps. of course, and as it should be always: to each their own. but, y'know, my 2 cents 🙂

It looks like my car is delayed. Denver had a major hail storm yesterday and they are evaluating the damage. Luckily, my car was still on the covered train. My largest takeaway was the difference between SAs. One told me where the car was, showed me the GPS they have, and was super cool. The other was a complete "how to get to no" POS. So much of this access to info is based on the sales advisor, you might actually drive to the delivery location from time to time and talk to different SAs and see what you find out.

added some emoji to the tracker tabs to make it easier to navigate; also, checkout the tableau link in Data Visualization tab if you haven't already! lots of useful insights there, such as the Progress by Order Date... kudos to @moggsy for building that! 👏

View attachment 1052416
Thanks Andrés for being a good steward. I haven’t updated the Tableau viz in a few days, since the tracker went wacky. I’ll find some time this weekend!

I called on the black one and earliest delivery would be Tuesday. White one includes FSD which is priced at $63.900 Link

If its a brand new vehicle (meaning being sold as new), at least in the past, one could request they remove FSD from an existing vehicle. Tesla wouldnt do it for a used car being sold by them, but used to do it frequently for new cars sold by them, in stock.

Key would be being "sold as new" not sold as used, and asking someone if FSD can be removed from the vehicle if you buy it.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd