Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anybody else in WA (Or maybe even Idaho) noticed but I guess there’s an UR M3P in Liberty Lake? It’s essentially on the east end of WA but thought that was interesting. Probably gonna pass since its 4 hour drive AND it doesn’t qualify for the tax credit.
In a show room or a customer car?

Edit: Oh wow, I didn't see that! I would have gotten it if it was my spec, but this one's Red/Black

I saw somebody's grey / white about to be prepped at the SC today. Unfortunately the bird poop uric acid is sitting there etching into the clear coat. I felt so bad for whoever matched to this VIN that I considered wiping it off with baby wipes but didn't want to touch another customer's car. It's closing time so it's going to sit overnight.

IMG_1828.jpeg
IMG_1829.jpeg

Last edited:
I am getting whiplash with the delivery date changes, and my 2024 M3P will ready for delivery I am out of the country. Any advice?

The story is that the first delivery estimate I got (aside from the "June" when I ordered) was July 23 - Sept 2nd (I even entered this in the spreadsheet). That would have been fine, as it was after our vacation plans.

The update is that I now have a VIN, and estimated delivery is June 16-July 23. I will be out of the country on vacation during the entire period. The earliest I could take delivery is on the 24th after our return.

What are my options here, if any?
I was in a similar situation - fortunately should make it back in time. My SA (take this with context of she has been my SA for 4 Teslas so this MAY be b/c she knows me) said that so long as I am comfortable giving someone my login/password and they have the Tesla app they can go to the center on delivery day accept the terms, and take the car. YMMV.

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I am getting whiplash with the delivery date changes, and my 2024 M3P will ready for delivery I am out of the country. Any advice?

The story is that the first delivery estimate I got (aside from the "June" when I ordered) was July 23 - Sept 2nd (I even entered this in the spreadsheet). That would have been fine, as it was after our vacation plans.

The update is that I now have a VIN, and estimated delivery is June 16-July 23. I will be out of the country on vacation during the entire period. The earliest I could take delivery is on the 24th after our return.

What are my options here, if any?

A couple different people have said that a tesla rep told them they would hold the car for up to 2 weeks if they were unavailable. If I were in your shoes I would ask your rep that question. With that being said, you have a vin, but the delivery window sounds like its 5 weeks wide so perhaps you can get more information from your SA on when they actually expect it on site, and see if you can pick it up before your trip.

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
I had a chance to drive a Hyundai Ioniq 5N today at the Electrify Expo convention in Long Beach, CA. The rep who sat with me for the drive was a professional race car driver who works with Hyundai and Porsche to design their racing vehicles. He spent quite a bit of time talking about all of the great features of the car and asked me what I was comparing it to. I told him I was considering a Model 3 Performance.

So he asked me why I wanted the M3P instead of the Ioniq. I told him that it cost $20K less, has faster acceleration, and 80 more miles of range. It also has a superior implementation of FSD and a more reliable supercharging network.

His response was, well if those are the only things you care about, you should buy the Tesla.

I’m still scratching my head on that one. Is there something else I’m supposed to care about? I mean I wasn’t about to tell him the Ioniq is just plain ugly.

Former Tesla supercharger team employee? Did Randy Pobst jump ship? 😄

I think the Hyundai rep's point was that the Ioniq 5 N is a different type of car than the M3P. The N is more of a driver's car than the Tesla, it's more engaging and arguably more fun. Ioniq 5 N is also probably better on track than the M3P.
That's literally all completely anecdotal. The new M3P is the first "track focused" 3 that we've ever gotten and it's barely in the hands of anyone lol.

Reactions: AJ Henderson
I respectfully disagree. Only if you are a sphincter boy in how you act if you find a problem would be a issue. I am sure will get some eye roles by SA. We are paying customer with with a fairly expensive limited avaliblity item that is key for our daily lives and we are waiting patiently for ( at least most of us are being patient :) ). I made the mistake of a Toyota for my first new car, I said to my self its a Toyota and warrantee what could be wrong, was late in the night with the dealer hokey pokey, and I didn't closely go over it prior to taking home. Next day I noticed minor shipping damage I didn't catch at the dealer and had fight for any correction, them claiming I did it.

Going over important items in detail is done by everyone in the production world. This is the job of the quality department. Everyone has first article inspection check list and then periodic inspection to all the requirements. Tesla has gotten better, but as many jokes in this thread alone to the thoroughness of the outgoing quality Dept. This is the reasons people have created such lists. This is your first article, and prior reptutation history shows inspection is nessary. Them waiting 15min for me to go over the systems, is more than reasonable. If you find a problem don't make a big deal, just politely ask it be addressed make a appotiemt and carry on with delivery. If it is catastrophic discovery this is your only chance to refuse delivery of a $54,990 item. Thanks @everydaychris and others for making such lists. (keep up the great content)
I used a list when I got mine. I picked up at the Fremont factory and the person helping me was understanding. The way I see it is, the car is a pretty expensive purchase and I'd rather not go though the hassle of warranty repairs if not needed. If Tesla that good quality control and attention to detail the list would not be needed. Things are going to be missed, even with a list.

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas