Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The MP3 is mostly the same as last year with slight changes; more power, adaptive suspension, the new seats and wheels and tires are really the only differences. I'm not saying the M3P is a bad car or the Hyundai is better, but the fact is the 5 N is more track focused and has features to get you more driving engagement compared to the Model 3.
The 5 N has hardware and software that the M3P does not have. The. 5N has a dedicated launch mode, a more comprehensive drift mode, it has a simulated clutch kick to get the rear end out, a mechanical E-LSD, a system that calculates the battery's state of charge per lap on track, an endurance mode for track days and a sprint mode to give one fast lap. Like it or not the simulated gearshifts and fake engine sounds are there and provide some stimulation, many a jaded automotive journalists have said it actually does add to the experience of driving. There are buttons on the steering wheel to provide quick access to track modes and shift paddles, different gauge setups.
The low 220 mile range is proof that it is a more focused car. Yes it's more expensive but you get more for your money. Yes it's heavier but you get 641 horsepower which makes acceleration a wash between the two cars, and the Ioniq 5 N is actually considered an SUV with a hatch so more useable space.
None of this makes the M3P a bad car, I have a reservation for one. I think the small changes to the M3P make it a compelling proposition, especially for under $50k. I think it offers more value than the 5 N, also the range and the supposedly more comfortable ride makes the M3P a better commuter which matters to me.
View attachment 1053233
View attachment 1053236
What about the price difference and putting that money into and abundance of aftermarket support that the 5N doesn’t have and likely won’t? And the massive weight difference? So Yeah…like I said we shall see!

IMG_1892.jpeg
IMG_1906.jpeg
IMG_1909.jpeg

I ended up doing 70% front windshield and 20% on the sides + rear. This is what I've done on all my past vehicles and it been my tint sweet spot.
thanks.. I never got my front windshield, but I have done before the 20% on the sides + rear before, I thought with white interior it was still too light .. I going with 15% on the sides and back this time around

That's similar to what I say about the MachE gt. I would personally never get one over a performance model Tesla, but if someone wants a crazy powerful EV that feels like a gas car and doesn't prefer the simplicity and cleaness of an EV, then the MachE gt or 5N is a solid choice.

I just don't think I'd call it "track focused", more "I wish I had a muscle car" focused. (And that's a totally valid desire to have.) Having better performance regardless of "feel" is "track focused".
I’m confused why are you considering the Mach e got a “crazy powerful ev” it makes less power than the outgoing M3P