Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this might ruffle some feathers since it accounts for like 50% of the orders, but I’m not really digging this car in stealth gray. Just doesn’t seem like a good fit to me. Every other color looks outstanding though.
I do like the lighter shade of the previous midnight silver metallic more than SG. However, I think the paint/finish quality is better on SG than it was with MSM. It's still the color I'm most willing to live with day to day. I don't think I'd go with a different color in the future unless they offer Midnight Cherry Red in the USA.

Reactions: BMWY
I am interested in one for the 2024 M3P but the front grill looks different than the other Highlands in pictures. Can anyone confirm which ones work with the new Performance?
None for them are designed for the performance yet. Don't buy the ones for the Highland. I talked to the guy who makes the QuickBandit. He said that he's waiting to be able to do a scan of the performance to make a proper one for the performance.

Reactions: zeroifex
Just took delivery of my model 3 performance in San Antonio. Now going to drive and enjoy it!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 5
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 3
Exciting update at 10 EST in app to find a delivery date scheduled for Friday morning. Yesterday I called service dept and waited for prompt to speak to local center, asked if my SA was working (at lunch). Called back and he picked up their line, pinged the car and was still in NJ railyard. It must have moved out last night to get delivery date today. My SA is psyched as well first M3P at his DC south of Boston. Feels surreal and only 5.5 weeks from ordering (first 40 min).

Did you read my post? What I want to be careful of is telling everyone who notices a pull to the right to go get an alignment when depending on the road and the alignment specs for this car (which we don't yet know), a slight pull to the right could be perfectly normal.
I can read but I'm missing your point. An alignment measures the actual setup and isn't based on theories related to road surface. There is no guessing. So, if the car is fine, the readings will show it. You would only adjust if things are out of specification. Plus, I don't agree with you that people are as numb to life as you imply. Cars are what they are today because the MAJORITY gets it. It's odd that you are so charged about minimizing alignments. I'm actually lost that you think pulling to the right may mean it's "good". If you don't do alignment on a Tesla MP3, it won't get more than 15,000 miles PERIOD. Those are facts. Your experience and vast depth of knowledge can't override facts.

None for them are designed for the performance yet. Don't buy the ones for the Highland. I talked to the guy who makes the QuickBandit. He said that he's waiting to be able to do a scan of the performance to make a proper one for the performance.
I thought so. Thanks for confirming. I will be scanning for the new version whenever QuickBandit rolls it out.

Your SG pics are really nice. I haven’t seen it in person yet but still happy that’s what I ordered as well. It’s what I wanted and was the cheapest. Win win. On many cars I find grays and silvers a bit boring but if done right on the right car I have always found it can look really nice but never owned one and decided now’s the time. Some of the darker BMW metallic grays often looked really good (I think maybe mineral gray). The new M3P, at least in pics, looks very sporty and a bit menacing without being flashy in SG. Looking forward to it.
I've never felt this way about a car before, but I got stealth Grey and I don't love it, I do think it is the best a dark grey can look but this car was meant for red. I don't even think blue, black or white come close to how good red looks either. I went with space grey because I thought I would like it more than the flashy red, but man, I just don't get excited when I look at my car, something i've never experience before. I should have got red, price didnt even matter as I was leasing and pricing was similar.

Grey is exactly that, stealthy, which is fine, I get why people like it, but this color is not for me. It hides 90% of what makes a performance a performance, the front grille changes just disappear into the dark color and same with the carbon fiber spolier. You can't see those details at all meanwhile on red, they POP. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
If you were stating what you thought was an objective fact, then it might ruffle some feathers, but it's just your opinion, so have at it. I don't really like hardly any of the Tesla colors. I just dislike stealth gray the least. Tesla got rid of the only color I like for the Model 3, the silver. It's one of the things that makes it so hard to give up my 2018 Model 3.
I still find trouble understanding the logic of continuing to push "shades of gray" while simultaneously getting rid of the silver which is quite popular.