Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean we can say its subjective, but I think its a fact, if we both look at it and notice the same thing, its probably true lol. I mean I just parked my car this morning to get coffee and was just looking at it, I couldn't even tell it was a performance from looking straight on lol. Deeply regret SG, oh well.
IMG_4134.jpeg

Just got my delivery date for this Friday the 7th in Rockville, MD.

Not to everyone: I could NOT get anything from my SA message, so I called CS and I got a tremendous amount of info, exactly where the car is in transit and they also said I could schedule my delivery date now. None of that would have happened if I didn't call. I wish I would have sooner. I got really frustrated by my SA constantly saying they have no update to share whatsoever. Hope this helps someone else.
When you say “CS” is that the service center ? 👀

As someone who lives near a service center and has seen every Tesla model in every color multiple times: the MSM/SG is by far the least interesting of all available colors. When you see them all in person it's really obvious.

Not saying it's worth losing the tax credit over though.

Ultra Red looks just wild compared to all of the other colors. It's the chromatic element to it. Like a lot of people here, I'm not a red car guy, but here I am with an Ultra Red order.

I agree. It looks good but it doesn't stand out, very plain. I think the all black is good, in that it's full stealth, the red pops the design, etc. I thought about what I would do if I had to get the Stealth Grey. I would put a matte PPF on it. That will make it stand out yet be stealth. However, it's expensive so I know how you feel.

I've never own a red car and never really liked them. This will be my first one.

Last edited:
Just got my delivery date for this Friday the 7th in Rockville, MD.

Not to everyone: I could NOT get anything from my SA message, so I called CS and I got a tremendous amount of info, exactly where the car is in transit and they also said I could schedule my delivery date now. None of that would have happened if I didn't call. I wish I would have sooner. I got really frustrated by my SA constantly saying they have no update to share whatsoever. Hope this helps someone else.

Interesting. I think it must vary wildly depending on your location. I had almost the same experience as you, but reveresed: I was able to get good info from the SA via text but very little on the phone. For example, my SA had texted me saying my car should be at the local delivery center on 5/29. After almost a week of the EDD just advancing daily after that, I called my SC. The guy on the phone insisted that my car was not there and that they don't have any way to "ping" the car to see where it is. When I told him I got a text telling me it should be there by 5/29 he said "that's oddly specific" and suggested I reply to that text. I hung up the phone, replied to the text, and got a response within an hour saying my car IS there and they set up my delivery day. I verified the message was coming from the same (my local) SC.

I agree. It looks good but it doesn't stand out, very plain. I think the all black is good, in that it's full stealth, the red pops the design, etc. I thought about what I would do if I had to get the Stealth Grey. I would put a matte PPF on it. That will make is stand out yet be stealth. However, it's expensive so I know how you feel.
Yeah think matte would make it look really good, I leased so I wont waste my money on that but if i bought it I would try that first.

Reactions: Gasaraki
Has anyone in Ohio taken delivery of a Tesla previously? I live near the Ohio/Michigan/Indiana border, and each Tesla location is over 170 miles from my home. I really don't want to have to put 200 miles on the car on day one. So far my SA hasn't been helpful with providing alternatives.

Seattle must had just got a truck delivery, the app actually allowed me to schedule a delivery for tomorrow late-morning...
That's interesting because the prevailing theory here seemed to be that the VIN is assigned after the car comes off the assembly line and then you have to wait for your car to be transported to your location. However, you got your VIN today and were able to schedule delivery for tomorrow morning. Are you picking up in Bellevue?

Seeing all these posts about EDD jumping around, I guess I should just be grateful mine has only changed from June, to July, to July 4 - August 8 where's its sat for several weeks now. It at least has kept me patient since it’s still probably more than a month out.
Yes, counting your EDD blessings. I’m the only one (as of now) on the tracker with an EDD reaching Nov 😊😂

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I mean we can say its subjective, but I think its a fact, if we both look at it and notice the same thing, its probably true lol. I mean I just parked my car this morning to get coffee and was just looking at it, I couldn't even tell it was a performance from looking straight on lol. Deeply regret SG, oh well.
you should wrap it. SG/Black hides all the performance details

• Funny
Reactions: BMWY
After seeing my EDD update from Aug 13-Sept 25 to Sept 28-Nov 23 (Canada), I’m with you on this 100%!

Will continue to update the tracker. Until then, will check once a week or if I get a notif and will live through you lot who get deliveries :)

This could happen to our mid-west orders still waiting for their VINs. Their July - August went to June 20th - June 30th. It could go to late September - November for all we know.

Reactions: bolduser31