Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lmk if you find a good cheap option to black out, think it will look better that way too, i'm assuming they sell stickers or something? Since im leasing thats prob the furthest Ill go other than tints
Plasti dip is the way, you can buy it in Walmart. You just spray it on (in layers). I did this with my 2023 M3P.

IMG_1378.jpeg

Reactions: DocHolliday
Keeps creeping, 6/3-6/11. SC said they expect my car to arrive tomorrow when I called last week. So I'm going to call them again today and see if i can schedule delivery, it's worked for a few people in here.
Hi, any indication if Schaumburg got the truck in? Today was the day, no? I try to let this happen as it happens, but I hate to admit I've been checking more today haha

I mean we can say its subjective, but I think its a fact, if we both look at it and notice the same thing, its probably true lol. I mean I just parked my car this morning to get coffee and was just looking at it, I couldn't even tell it was a performance from looking straight on lol. Deeply regret SG, oh well.
This makes me very glad I chose sg.

That's interesting because the prevailing theory here seemed to be that the VIN is assigned after the car comes off the assembly line and then you have to wait for your car to be transported to your location. However, you got your VIN today and were able to schedule delivery for tomorrow morning. Are you picking up in Bellevue?
Yeah, weird to see a text stating I got a VIN, then a minute later an offer to within the app schedule a delivery. I scheduled for Seattle (although coming from Sammamish :) ).

Reactions: bolduser31 and Dan4
People who ordered the car in bright colors: "the car looks best in bright colors!"

People who ordered the car in dark colors: "the car looks best in dark colors!"

This is a debate that cannot be won, lol.
I'm ordering in dark colors and agree red looks best, but I value stealth over looks. I absolutely love the ultra red and agree it looks better, but it isn't that I'm looking for.

Yeah, weird to see a text stating I got a VIN, then a minute later an offer to within the app schedule a delivery. I scheduled for Seattle (although coming from Sammamish :) ).
That's super awesome, @sdawg! Happy for you. Now I just need to avoid seeing you driving it around Issaquah until I get mine as I was really hoping to be the first one I saw. Ha ha. (Also, if you drive past a silver Model 3 and the driver starts waving and honking to you like a maniac, that'd be me.) :)

Im hating on it but you cant go wrong with any color, im just in my own head about red. Grey still looks great on the car, hell any color looks good.
Yeah, no I get it. The ur is amazing. If I didn't care about blending in I'd get it in a heart beat, but I prefer to be low key and forgettable, which makes sg perfect.

I was a bit worried the body differences would give it away and it would still stand out and I'd end up disappointed I didn't go ur instead, but if your main complaint is that it doesn't look like a performance, then it's exactly what I want.

lmk if you find a good cheap option to black out, think it will look better that way too, i'm assuming they sell stickers or something? Since im leasing thats prob the furthest Ill go other than tints
I just got the vinyl stickers off amazon for $20 in satin black. I have had red ones on my M3 for 2 years and no issues at all, I go through the touchless car wash a lot in the winter. If you don't want the silver edge around the outside the plastidip is probably better.

Has anyone in Ohio taken delivery of a Tesla previously? I live near the Ohio/Michigan/Indiana border, and each Tesla location is over 170 miles from my home. I really don't want to have to put 200 miles on the car on day one. So far my SA hasn't been helpful with providing alternatives.
In the past they would deliver. I believe it was 200 miles from closest service center. I have picked one up in Cleveland, one in Clarkston and one in Ann Arbor. Customer service is very hit or miss. I have received very conflicting information before between different calls. So far this info looks like it will delay my delivery by a week. MI you have to pay for the vehicle in full before it can be brought into the state.

That's super awesome, @sdawg! Happy for you. Now I just need to avoid seeing you driving it around Issaquah until I get mine as I was really hoping to be the first one I saw. Ha ha. (Also, if you drive past a silver Model 3 and the driver starts waving and honking to you like a maniac, that'd be me.) :)
Probably won't be hard to spot me darting around. I plan on installing my new MW05 - Martian Wheels once I've taken it home from delivery. I've been waiting to install this new set on my '23 3 RWD, but held out once the announcement for the performance went out. They've been sitting around now coated and all for like 4 months ...